+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add a roaming PvP zone with cap points.

Soulwalker

Default Add a roaming PvP zone with cap points.

Dark Age of Camelot was the original RvR and they did it best..

coordinated group warfare in open field with the potential for zerg type encounters..

I think it would be incredibly easy to add a zone like this to the game in a patch.. add 4 or 5 keeps to seige.. voila!

my best pvp experience in any game was running in an elite 8 man group in DAoC... all you needed was an open space and targets.. the replayability was endless... the towers and keeps were just put in to give the noob zerg somewhere to hide from all the 8 mans crushing 5 times their numbers..

if rift had this all the cry babies would ****.. it would be very easy to add imo...

the problem is this type of content does not match with the rift storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    Come again? This type of content is already builtin the core of Rift, in case you didn't notice NPC invasions are constantly heading to Wardstones and replacing them with their footholds.
    The system is already there, that's why so many people (including myself) can't figure out why Trion didn't exploit this potential yet, for open world PvP.

Plane Touched

I'd like a zone with stuff. It has been brought up before.

Supposedly they are planning something, so enjoy the game "as is" as you wait or cancel and just return when they (if they) do it. I am currently in "as is" mode but that can't last for more than a few more months. I imagine I'll cancel and just come back next year when they have added more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duuklah View Post
    Dark Age of Camelot was the original RvR and they did it best..

coordinated group warfare in open field with the potential for zerg type encounters..

I think it would be incredibly easy to add a zone like this to the game in a patch.. add 4 or 5 keeps to seige.. voila!

my best pvp experience in any game was running in an elite 8 man group in DAoC... all you needed was an open space and targets.. the replayability was endless... the towers and keeps were just put in to give the noob zerg somewhere to hide from all the 8 mans crushing 5 times their numbers..

if rift had this all the cry babies would ****.. it would be very easy to add imo...

Go play DAoC also they are looking for a pvp designer atm i wouldnt expect any big pvp updates until they hire one.

Soulwalker

I imagine with SOOO many people requesting an RvR type system and Trion wanting to dominate the MMO front, and their ads for a PvP designer, they will be trying to make something similar to the system DAoC used. All of us elite PvPers do miss it so much. =/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lookinoji View Post
    I imagine with SOOO many people requesting an RvR type system and Trion wanting to dominate the MMO front, and their ads for a PvP designer, they will be trying to make something similar to the system DAoC used. All of us elite PvPers do miss it so much. =/
    DAoC was king.

Trion should really look into this, it would be a smart move and I've seen MANY posts about it.

We can only hope!

I miss the days of defending/attacking keeps or huge relic raids.
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    It would make a lot of sense to just flag anyone participating in Ancient Wardstone captures (within "50" meters of approaching a Wardstone - you get a short 5 second countdown meter displayed). The problem is they are in the wrong zones (50s really want to do this and there is no level 50 rewards and the Ancient Wardstone markers on maps needs to be shown - to guide players where to go).

The low-level zones could even remain "PvE" related since they are loot reward based.

Capture happens after the normal routine of Ancient Wardstones. For rewards, imagine a zone-wide bonus to players of "x" % damage/% healing/% experience/% loot bonus for instances originating in that zone (i.e. applies in RoS for Stillmoor capture) and also zone-wide to players of that faction. It expires after 1 hour and resets. Golden.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Sword of Telara

Dark Age of Camelot was the original RvR and they did it best...
    Ain't that the truth!

Trion has to remember to include one key ingredient (that WAR forgot), a benefit for the entire realm when your side is winning. Be it exclusive access to a fun, non-instanced dungeon, and damage increases, power increases, etc.

And choke points otherwise people just RvE around flags.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 06-10-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Banned

Doesn't Trion have wardstones that can be fought over?

Yet no one bothers with them. If no one wants to bother with something simple then methinks Trion is wondering if they put something in thats bigger will the same thing happen.

WoW has both control points and instanced pvp. Guess which one gets usd the most.

Which pvp shard has taken over the other sides city?

None. Seems like there is a big old pvp objective right there.

Gaurantee if you were to get a few raids and go attack you would have all the pvp you wanted.

Thats how it use to happen in WoW till they put in instanced pvp.

+ Reply to Thread