+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if they put legendary PvP weapons as drop loot in the main cities?

Default What if they put legendary PvP weapons as drop loot in the main cities?

Such as Cyril would drop loot in the form of legendary weapons. Certainly would promote some non-instanced PvP.
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Such as Cyril would drop loot in the form of legendary weapons. Certainly would promote some non-instanced PvP.
    And then all the PvP folks would be screaming that PvE shards had it so much easier because they can raid a city and nobody else PvPs and blah blah blah...

Not to mention the disruption to cities in general if you had 300 opposing faction players gunning for top tier PvP weapons with only 1 drop/city raid.

That's true I guess. Seemed like a fun idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    300 opposing faction players
    Damn that would be fun to AoE

Cheers.

Soulwalker

That is actually a horrible idea. Mythic implemented that idea for Warhammer Online and the major outcome was the stronger faction zerged the capital city on a regular basis, making it unusable for the faction the city was intended for. Logging on to find Chaos capering around my AH for the 40th time that day was not a fun experience. Sometimes I wish those of you who try so hard to invent reasons for world pvp would experience them in real life. Just got jacked by a big burly guy who stole your shoes? Don't bother calling the police, you had them removed because so many of them spawn when you try to create havoc for the sake of 'fun'.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsen View Post
    That is actually a horrible idea. Mythic implemented that idea for Warhammer Online and the major outcome was the stronger faction zerged the capital city on a regular basis, making it unusable for the faction the city was intended for. Logging on to find Chaos capering around my AH for the 40th time that day was not a fun experience. Sometimes I wish those of you who try so hard to invent reasons for world pvp would experience them in real life. Just got jacked by a big burly guy who stole your shoes? Don't bother calling the police, you had them removed because so many of them spawn when you try to create havoc for the sake of 'fun'.
    I spent two years in Iraq. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as your "real life world pvp experience."
    Also I played Warhammer, and when it actually worked the city sieges were the only fun part about that game.

Soulwalker

Oh please, aside from the pissing contest we could get into (former Marine, tyvm).....that sort of pvp is unbalanced. US soldiers have far more utility, healers, dps and tanks at their disposal than anything the opposing faction has; of course you would enjoy that sort of world pvp.

And I'm willing to bet that you had a toon on each faction in WAR so you could ride the zerg pendulum without losing too much enjoyment.

Oh please, aside from the pissing contest we could get into (former Marine, tyvm).....that sort of pvp is unbalanced. US soldiers have far more utility, healers, dps and tanks at their disposal than anything the opposing faction has; of course you would enjoy that sort of world pvp.

And I'm willing to bet that you had a toon on each faction in WAR so you could ride the zerg pendulum without losing too much enjoyment.
    Yeah, enjoyable...that's the word for wondering which pile of trash among the many piles of trash on the side of the road is going to blow up in your face.

Also I played Chaos only. Have a nice day.

Soulwalker

You sir, take yourself far too seriously. Outside of that, all I can really say is that I hope they don't put in anything like what Mythic had in WAR. Raiding cities would be a step in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by Darsen; 06-09-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: syntax error

Prophet of Telara

They just need to make it difficult, and give an incentive to defend.

Imagine this: When x # of Defiant (say 20) use an object outside of Sanctum, an NPC raid force is spawned, with a general, that charges up towards Sanctum and to the boss. This makes the entirety of Sanctum become an event location like a rift, and broadcasts a server wide message for both Defiants and Guardians that the raid is happening. After the invasion, you get a rift loot bag with your rewards of a crapton of favor, along with a legendary token of a new currency IF your side wins (ie guardians if they defend for 30 minutes, defiant if they kill the boss). More tokens go to the assaulters if they are victorious. For, say, 10 tokens you get to buy a legendary PvP weapon. The object that starts the event has a 5 hour cooldown.

Plane Walker

I heard the US is getting nerfed in patch 2.012

+ Reply to Thread