+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attention sword & board warriors

Soulwalker

Default Attention sword & board warriors

You are taking up valuable player slots in warfronts.

I am not sure if you were just born this way, or just want to be like your dwarf paladin from Dungeons & Dragons, but entering warfronts as a mediocre RB / Paladin spec does not benefit the team in the slightest.

"BUT XEL, LOOK AT MY SCOREBOARD DAMAGE, MY SPEC DO GOOD???"

Congratulations! Your crappy spec let you live long enough at the back of the group, to rake up a few more numbers than the warriors that charged in and took out some clerics/pyros at the front line.

"BUT XEL, HAVING THIS SPEC MAKES ME A GOOD FANG/SHARD CARRIER!"

No, your awful buffs get purged off, holding the fang rips off percentage based health possibly making you harder to heal in the first place as you lose more health.

"BUT XEL, I CAN BEAT ANYONE 1V1 COME FIGHT ME NOOBS"

Once again congratulations, you have a mighty fine, long and drawn out dueling spec, and that's pretty much it, well done on going toe-to-toe with melee classes, do you feel special now that you aren't main-streaming a two-hander spec?

Come forth garbage sword & board warriors, your tears will make excellent polish for my valor gear ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xelanderr View Post
    entering warfronts as a mediocre RB / Paladin spec does not benefit the team in the slightest.
    Actually I think they benefit the team quite well. They soak up all the damage from the bad pug'ers.

Soulwalker

I am not sure if you were just born this way, or just want to be like your dwarf paladin from Dungeons & Dragons, but entering warfronts as a mediocre RB / Paladin spec does not benefit the team in the slightest.

Congratulations! Your crappy spec let you live long enough at the back of the group, to rake up a few more numbers than the warriors that charged in and took out some clerics/pyros at the front line.

No, your awful buffs get purged off, holding the fang rips off percentage based health possibly making you harder to heal in the first place as you lose more health.

Once again congratulations, you have a mighty fine, long and drawn out dueling spec, and that's pretty much it, well done on going toe-to-toe with melee classes, do you feel special now that you aren't main-streaming a two-hander spec?

Come forth garbage sword & board warriors, your tears will make excellent polish for my valor gear ;)
    This guy probably got his butt handed to him by S and Bs too many times, and/or couldnt cap stone/fang/flag due to the annoying reaver/warlord support combos.

This is a really dumb thread.

Sword and board warriors, feel free to carry on with what you were doing.
    Even free cost too much now

Yeah I totaly hate it when my premades tank runs around with advantage, improved guard, and spams taunts with subdue on people, totally worthless giving me crit and making me take roughly 20% of what I would normaly take from attacks.

Don't be cause you don't have any warriors that like you enough to put guard on you and subdue people who are DPSing you.

Hrmm... Maybe I shouldn't highlight how effective shield tanks can be in a WF and just let people continue to think hey are worthless...

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Strange. The OP actually made an account just to post this rant about shield warriors.

if you see rb/pally s&b, they must be new 50. that build allows them to do dmg and take some punishment with minimal gear.

Until you pay for peoples subs, they can play however they want too.

Prophet of Telara

I find it hilarious that you have valor gear and an argument for crit based dps in the same post.

Ascendant

I don't think S&B warriors have no place in warfronts, but I do think that they need to give some though to how useful they're going to be on a case by case basis. Specifically, if you're on a team short on healers your survivability from gear and abilities does not offset your reduced damage output. Now, if you're like a riftblade warrior going S%B because...well...why not? That's one thing. Full tank build S&B? I hope you've got some sweet, sweet mana drain lovin' going on and making heavy use of it, otherwise you're just a rock and the other team is all about the sledgehammers. At least if you were a pointy rock you'd be able to actually do some damage to them before they pound you into dust.

There's no build I can do on my warrior to be a decent flag runner. But if you really have the gear to stack mitigation / avoidance / valor it might work fine.

So OP mean that in WF :doing dmg, doing objective, able to solo 1 on 1 is useless.
    So what should we do then? Dance?
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Yeah I totaly hate it when my premades tank runs around with advantage, improved guard, and spams taunts with subdue on people, totally worthless giving me crit and making me take roughly 20% of what I would normaly take from attacks.

Don't be cause you don't have any warriors that like you enough to put guard on you and subdue people who are DPSing you.

Hrmm... Maybe I shouldn't highlight how effective shield tanks can be in a WF and just let people continue to think hey are worthless...

Cheers.

Now look here you baddy, no one mentioned the pvp soul, but anyhow part of the "tank chain" leads to being able to block with a two-handed weapon, which allows your first few talents to proc the crit % you speak of.

Warriors can still specialize through that way, and throw guard on relevant players, and not be a paperweight in warfronts.

Your arguement is invalid.

@Alexandrious : Nice stab in the dark, but incorrect.

I've grown tired of losing warfronts because of our team consisting of these garbage warriors that don't do anything, or kill anything, just run around in their safety spec, pretending to be useful.

@Kaylay : No, I won't pay for their subs, but I will pay for their respecs if they are on Freeholme guardian side, less dead-weight

No one has yet to post any valid evidence or even a constructive counter-argument to my thread, and the fact that sword and board warriors are wasted space, just mediocre damage sponges, hell if you want to soak damage, clerics do it better, go reroll and be useful.

Cheers;

-Xelander

Shadowlander

ROFL, i play a 51rift, 13 paly, 2 vindicator spec. I can mitigate 92% of all physical damage, 50% of all magic, heal form no life to full and with avatar of the rift, whispered silence, and a standard ap of 600 hit for over 2k repeatidly. Yes im ranting, but get tired of hearing mages, champs and clerics flapping there lips about sword and board warriors when duel after duel i dunkey punch there no skill butts into the ground and in warfronts be well above the fold on kills, damage done, and damage taken.
    Last edited by Domiskas; 06-09-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Domiskas View Post
    ROFL, i play a 51rift, 13 paly, 2 vindicator spec. I can mitigate 92% of all physical damage, 50% of all magic, heal form no life to full and with avatar of the rift, whispered silence, and a standard ap of 600 hit for over 2k repeatidly. Yes im ranting, but get tired of hearing mages, champs and clerics flapping there lips about sword and board warriors when duel after duel i dunkey punch there no skill butts into the ground and in warfronts be well above the fold on kills, damage done, and damage taken.
    I'll just highlight that for you, as I said, dueling spec.

Your killing blows are stolen as you have no real burst, your damage is done over time based on your survival because of your gimmick spec, damage taken because of cleaves and AoE, and the ignorant / 'special' players who decided to go for you over the pyro blasting them at the back.

92% mitigation?

Mitigation doesn't stack additively, in "herpa-derp" terms this means :

50% Armour mitigation + avatar of the rift 10%, etc.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-10-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Rude

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast