+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Premades

Shadowlander

Thumbs down Premades

5 games queing solo and get 4 premades thought you fixed the premade vs premade que
    this is getting out of hand
    please limit premades of 5 or more to there own Que system

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hewvis View Post
    5 games queing solo and get 4 premades thought you fixed the premade vs premade que
    The major changes to how our queue system works have not yet gone live. This issue is at the top of the priority queue for PvP right now and it is being addressed.

Thanks for the update, the lack of choice regarding facing premades or not has been one of the biggest issues for warfront participation.

Hopefully after the changes I will be able to recommend Rift on my cross game forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The major changes to how our queue system works have not yet gone live. This issue is at the top of the priority queue for PvP right now and it is being addressed.
    It's amazing how such a short reply can be so satisfying.

Thank you for taking the time to update us. Looking forward to the changes.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Rift Chaser

Excellent - thanks!
    PS. Make Clerics killable by rogues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Awesome feedback from a purple name. I am appeased. Thanks

EDIT: Sticky this immediately. People have been clamoring over this subject for weeks.
    Last edited by Insubstantial; 06-10-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Jharyn - Cleric - Druishamsticar! / Inquisicabanel!
    Member of the Brotherhood of the Dawn
    Faeblight Roleplayer

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hewvis View Post
    I know the mod replied, but I have a suggestion of my own.

Make friends. Queue as a group.

Stop trying to get the system changed to cater to anti-social solo mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    I know the mod replied, but I have a suggestion of my own.

Make friends. Queue as a group.

Stop trying to get the system changed to cater to anti-social solo mentality.
    While I definitely agree with the notion that expecting results in a group-oriented game when not grouping is silly, I feel you left out an important note.

Trion rushed to answer the HUGE population surge at launch, overdid it, and now a lot of shards just don't have the population to make successful premades.

It's easy to say "Just find the best PvP'ers you know and group with them". In practice, the best pvp'ers I know are already Rank 6 and are running premades of their own. Why would they drag along a Rank 3 when they know they're going to be facing R6 premades that will effectively render me useless? If I were them, I wouldn't take me. I'd take another R6.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-10-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post

Trion rushed to answer the HUGE population surge at launch, overdid it, and now a lot of shards just don't have the population to make successful premades.
    Yeah, I do realize that there is pop issues on some servers. Very true. But they are putting in free server transfers very soon that should do quite a bit to address this particular barrier.

Yeah, I do realize that there is pop issues on some servers. Very true. But they are putting in free server transfers very soon that should do quite a bit to address this particular barrier.
    Yep, crossing my fingers that this will open up more options, which I think it will.

Nice chatting with you. Take care!
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

I'd be really suprised if they let those of us on low pop servers transfer anywhere except another low pop server. The only real answers are to merge servers or increase the population or lock high/full pop servers to new players. Without one of those it will still suck.
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 06-10-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinNJ View Post
    I'd be really suprised if they let those of us on low pop servers transfer anywhere except another low pop server. The only real answers are to merge servers or increase the population or lock high/full pop servers to new players. Without one of those it will still suck.
    While it may end up not fixing the problem, there really is no harm in waiting 12 days to at least see what will actually happen, rather than immediately speculate the worst.

While it may end up not fixing the problem, there really is no harm in waiting 12 days to at least see what will actually happen, rather than immediately speculate the worst.
    Oh I'm waiting. But it's not hard to work out Trion's calculus here.

Isn't that what the interwebs are for? Speculating the worse while watching prono?

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    It's easy to say "Just find the best PvP'ers you know and group with them". In practice, the best pvp'ers I know are already Rank 6 and are running premades of their own. Why would they drag along a Rank 3 when they know they're going to be facing R6 premades that will effectively render me useless? If I were them, I wouldn't take me. I'd take another R6.
    Because even the "best pvpers" generally look for new blood. They are humans too you know. They experience attrition and flux in members as well. They also are not going to just hit other full on rank 6 hardcore premades. There are plenty of less challenging matches to practice with.

Getting a few ranks happens quickly in this game. Regardless of your current rank, It is my experience that you will not have much trouble integrating into a group of experienced pvpers if:

1. You are friendly.
    2. You put in effort.
    3. You are willing to work as a team.
    4. You are willing to learn and improve.
    5. You are willing to use whatever voice chat application the guild uses.

Those are far more important attributes than what rank you are. If you have those qualities, rank will just come naturally.

Edit - Also, there are specific soul setups that still let a low rank player provide very useful group utility.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast