+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Marksman. WTF ???????

  1. #1
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default Marksman. WTF ???????

    Getting pretty ****ing sick getting globaled by marksman rogues 6 levels below me.

    I play a necro/lock. All other souls are decent to go against, may win and may lose but those ****ing marksmen are insane. There is no way in hell for me to beat one, even less if he gets the jump.
    No, I'm not 50 and obviously I don't have valor and crap. Just did a series of random warfronts and everytime there is a marksman nearby I get globaled, even if he's many levels below me. Only way to live longer is to use soul purge but once I'm out of charge, I'm dead as I can't stay up even for 3 seconds against his ******ed damage.

    Marksman are in dire need of a damage nerf or else I see no point in playing anyother soul for pvp as ranged dps.

    They give marksman kiting tools, eradicate AND huge burst ?!? It doesn't make any sense, why not give them heals as well and be done with it ?!? This is not fun!
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-09-2011 at 12:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Getting pretty ****ing sick getting globaled by marksman rogues 6 levels below me.

    I play a necro/lock. All other souls are decent to go against, may win and may lose but those ****ing marksmen are insane. There is no way in hell for me to beat one, even less if he gets the jump.
    No, I'm not 50 and obviously I don't have valor and crap. Just did a series of random warfronts and everytime there is a marksman nearby I get globaled, even if he's many levels below me. Only way to live longer is to use soul purge but once I'm out of charge, I'm dead as I can't stay up even for 3 seconds against his ******ed damage.

    Marksman are in dire need of a damage nerf or else I see no point in playing anyother soul for pvp as ranged dps.
    Classes are not, and will not ever be balanced for sub-50 pvp.

    It's funny you complain, because sub-50 necro/lock/whatever is one of the best generic setups around.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default ue

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Getting pretty ****ing sick getting globaled by marksman rogues 6 levels below me.

    I play a necro/lock. All other souls are decent to go against, may win and may lose but those ****ing marksmen are insane. There is no way in hell for me to beat one, even less if he gets the jump.
    No, I'm not 50 and obviously I don't have valor and crap. Just did a series of random warfronts and everytime there is a marksman nearby I get globaled, even if he's many levels below me. Only way to live longer is to use soul purge but once I'm out of charge, I'm dead as I can't stay up even for 3 seconds against his ******ed damage.

    Marksman are in dire need of a damage nerf or else I see no point in playing anyother soul for pvp as ranged dps.
    1. Are you Level 50?

    2. Are you geared?

    3. Does the Rogue have better Greens/Blues/Quest gear than you?

    4. What the hell man?

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  4. #4
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Classes are not, and will not ever be balanced for sub-50 pvp.

    It's funny you complain, because sub-50 necro/lock/whatever is one of the best generic setups around.
    Kinda funny how necro/lock is one of the best when in wfs I see only marksmen, their healing clerics and some noobs playing still champs. I guess they didn't get the memo saying necro/locks are also a good choice or they would play those too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    1. Are you Level 50?

    2. Are you geared?

    3. Does the Rogue have better Greens/Blues/Quest gear than you?

    4. What the hell man?

    - Vybz
    True, ppl not playing marksmen and clerics have no right to have fun in wfs below 50.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-09-2011 at 12:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Are you in 3x bracket? I remember ranged rogues being hilarious there. Like I'd see one on my screen and shooting at me 1-2 times and think "hey this isn't so bad" then boom, instant burst of like 2k+ dmg from a few diff skills
    Last edited by Caapi; 06-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Ayronamic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Kinda funny how necro/lock is one of the best when in wfs I see only marksmen, their healing clerics and some noobs playing still champs. I guess they didn't get the memo saying necro/locks are also a good choice or they would play those too.



    True, ppl not playing marksmen and clerics have no right to have fun in wfs below 50.
    And when your pyro were op people still played their marksmen. circle of life
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    They give marksman kiting tools, eradicate AND huge burst ?!? It doesn't make any sense, why not give them heals as well and be done with it ?!? This is not fun!
    Because then they would be mages.

    If you lost to a MM 6 levels below you with a mage, I assure you the problem is you and not the game.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    And when your pyro were op people still played their marksmen. circle of life
    Never played pyro.

    Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    Because then they would be mages.

    If you lost to a MM 6 levels below you with a mage, I assure you the problem is you and not the game.
    Clearly...
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    I made a baby Rogue because Rogues said they couldn't compete in low level Warfronts. In the 10-19 I dominated with a Marksman, even getting 18 killing blows one Warfront, taking people from 100-0 before they could run from me. Now in the 20-29 Warfronts, even at level 20, I've put up as much as 40k damage as a Marksman.

    So not only can I dominate the high level Warfronts on my sons Rogue, I can dominate the low level Warfronts with my new, baby Rogue, in green gear.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  10. #10
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Getting pretty ****ing sick getting globaled by marksman rogues 6 levels below me.

    I play a necro/lock. All other souls are decent to go against, may win and may lose but those ****ing marksmen are insane. There is no way in hell for me to beat one, even less if he gets the jump.
    No, I'm not 50 and obviously I don't have valor and crap. Just did a series of random warfronts and everytime there is a marksman nearby I get globaled, even if he's many levels below me. Only way to live longer is to use soul purge but once I'm out of charge, I'm dead as I can't stay up even for 3 seconds against his ******ed damage.

    Marksman are in dire need of a damage nerf or else I see no point in playing anyother soul for pvp as ranged dps.

    They give marksman kiting tools, eradicate AND huge burst ?!? It doesn't make any sense, why not give them heals as well and be done with it ?!? This is not fun!
    Wow, you're bad dude, try uninstall the game next, that will be an improvement for the community.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I'm nearly Prestige Rank 6 and I've done a few (yeah, few) warfronts, but have never heard anyone ever complain about getting globalled.


    WTF does global mean???

    OP --- you really didn't go into specifics, and this kinda reads like a "OMFG I died in a WF and now I am whining about it" Rant/whine. Like an above poster said, what level are we talking about?? Are you in crappy leveling gear, or have you been keeping up to level stuff (you said you were pre-50)? Are you in a WF and in an area where this particular rogue keeps getting the red buff and then pasting you??

    Pay some attention to what he's doing next time.... you may figure out something you are doing wrong in attempting to counter him. Don't chase him.... let him come to you. Switch up specs... maybe necro/lock is better suited to counter kiting archers?? I really don't know, as I said I play cleric.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    MM may be overpowered but you may need to adjust your build/play a bit if you are completely unable to defeat every MM you come across.

    Need to avoid MMs in places where you can't break LOS or where they can stay at kite range. If you get caught in the open and a MM pops improved hit&run you are toast. This is a CD which they can use another CD to pop twice and burn through most other classes, i.e. if you get hit with empowered shotx2-3+deadeye find cover or range. Need to have a CC and snare/slow. MMs have the sprint that breaks snares and with DRs if you can CC them and then snare you can escape to a better position.

    MMs generally have little to no damage mitigation so they go down fast. If you can catch them with their improved hit&run on CD the next worse is barb+swift shotx4+rapidfire. You should be able to live through a MMs non CD attacks and take them down assuming you aren't in 30-35m range.

    The most common mistake I see is players don't pay attention and let a MM build pt against them before reacting. Players just need to react to the first bard/swift/empowered shot and break LOS or attack the MM.

    Lastly I build my warrior spec with para to include a sprint specifically to run down kiting MMs. I also have points in VK to mitigate spell damage. I'm still toast in a lot of situations but without the counters in my build I would loose a lot of fights that I now win.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I made a baby Rogue because Rogues said they couldn't compete in low level Warfronts. In the 10-19 I dominated with a Marksman, even getting 18 killing blows one Warfront, taking people from 100-0 before they could run from me. Now in the 20-29 Warfronts, even at level 20, I've put up as much as 40k damage as a Marksman.

    So not only can I dominate the high level Warfronts on my sons Rogue, I can dominate the low level Warfronts with my new, baby Rogue, in green gear.
    Not sure how 10-29 WFs matter since there aren't enough soul pts to turn on some of the class defining abilities. I've also had success in the lower WFs with souls that don't hold up in end game but were unstoppable at the lower tiers. Don't think they matter...

    At 50 a well played MM is a beast but there are still enough poorly played ones to kill.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rprice View Post
    Not sure how 10-29 WFs matter since there aren't enough soul pts to turn on some of the class defining abilities. I've also had success in the lower WFs with souls that don't hold up in end game but were unstoppable at the lower tiers. Don't think they matter...

    At 50 a well played MM is a beast but there are still enough poorly played ones to kill.
    I never said they did matter, but more than half these whines from Rogues are from lower level Rogues.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  15. #15
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or have been misunderstanding this the whole time.

    Being global'ed = dying in the span of time of a global cooldown correct?

    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts