+ Reply to Thread

Thread: +Hit On Gear?

Default +Hit On Gear?

I have just two simple questions. I have been trying to find a solid answer to this for some time so I am just going to post it to see if anyone knows the answer.

I am equipping 3 pieces of pve gear / weapon which provide +hit, head slot, neck slot, and bow. Otherwise I have all the +hit runes I could find. With most of my pve builds I have 151 hit or so, which is fine for most pve. But with my favorite pvp build (due to the lack of +hit soul points), I only have 99 to hit.

The issue (if it is an issue) is that I would like to upgrade my gear, as I will be closing in on Rank 3 soon, with the upgraded Rank 3+ pvp gear, but this gear offers no +hit at all, which means I will loose even the 99 hit I do have when running WFs. So my questions are these:

1. Can anyone honestly tell me what the hit cap is for pvp (if there is one - if not there is no issue here at all) ?

2. And if the hit cap is let's say 100 hit, how then am I able to upgrade my gear with pvp upgrades if there is no +hit on the gear, when I have already enchanted all the slots I could with +hit?

I have yet to receive a definitive answer on this, only the typical replies where folks have strong opinions on it (like whether it should even be included as a stat that affects pvp or should +hit stay in the pve arena, etc) or it's people just guessing. I am not interested, by the way, in starting a pvp vs. pve stat argument, that is totally not what I am after. I don't care about opinions, I just somehow need to know how it actually works as of right now.

How does +hit actually effect pvp, if at all, and is there a cap or a reasonable range for pvp? And if so, how would one be able to stay within that range (or at that cap) without loosing it while still upgrading with the pvp gear?

These are the questions at hand.

Personally, I am hoping that +hit does not actually affect pvp at all. That would be just fine with me.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Valdoron; 06-09-2011 at 12:32 PM.

aux

1 Hit = 0.20% hit chance. It counters the player's Dodge stat
    Around 50 should be enough in most cases.
    I'm so BORED

100 hit is thought to be the "hit cap" for pvp since the hard cap on dodge/parry is 20% without cd's.

100 hit = 20% chance to hit so it negates that.
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

Thanks for the replies.

Telaran

i was told by a few peeps +hit does nothing in pvp, im confused

Those people were lying. While hit works differently in PVP than PVE it by no means does "nothing"

+ Reply to Thread