+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Searching for a shard with good defiant players

Default Searching for a shard with good defiant players

Just had a warfront in whitefall steppes.Our side had 2 clerics and the other side had 8 clerics(now there were 5-6 wardens/sentinels spamming aoe heals and orbs of the tide).Guess who won.So, anyway, i have decided to move to another shard.Tell me some eu shard with a lot of defiant clerics.

Edit - because on my shard there is a shortage of defiant clerics and warriors.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 06-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Ascendant

God, PVP will be awesome when they allow free transfers.

Everyone, just like OP, will move to shards where their faction are owning in warfront, which obviously mean that the ennemy faction, having moved too, will not play warfront anymore.

So you will have great teams queu'ing up against.. no one.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

Everyone, just like OP, will move to shards where their faction are owning in warfront, which obviously mean that the ennemy faction, having moved too, will not play warfront anymore.

Get all your rank 6 gear now!

before it's too late!
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

No offence, but yea i will move.Every warfront i enter is always like our side 10 rogues 1-2 wars and 1-2 mages and maybe sometimes we have the luck of a cleric or two and the enemy side always has at least 3 clerics and is full of paladins and reavers.

Edit - So, someone please tell me a shard where defiants are at least competitive and not only rogues.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 06-09-2011 at 12:16 PM.

I'd wager that only incompetent players would transfer to a more EZ-mode battlegroup. If anything, things will even out.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

On Epoch, our defiants rarely lose, too many Premades and a bunch of top WoW/Aion PvP guilds came here all at the same time.

It's one of the biggest growing servers. It's also "recommended" when you first join the game... Oooooooh, shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    On Epoch, our defiants rarely lose, too many Premades and a bunch of top WoW/Aion PvP guilds came here all at the same time.

It's one of the biggest growing servers. It's also "recommended" when you first join the game... Oooooooh, shiny!
    I'm in the same Cluster and this is patently not true. Kelpmere, Neddra and Hammerlord Premades own this Cluster on Guardian side. It's gotten a little better since the merger (mainly due to the fact that the premades from the new server dont compare to the ones previously).

Epoch has some good players yes, but the win/loss on the Wargroup is terrible for Defiants.

(And yes, I PVP often enough to know)
    Conwolv - <Despair> - Hailol US-Defiant - www.Despair-Gaming.com

Plane Walker

Hopefully once 1.3 hits, we can consolidate serious PVP onto one or two servers. In Shadowbane, however, big guilds on opposing sides tended to avoid one another, so I'm a bit worried about that. My guess is that they will look for easy wins rather than a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Conwolv View Post
    I'm in the same Cluster and this is patently not true. Kelpmere, Neddra and Hammerlord Premades own this Cluster on Guardian side. It's gotten a little better since the merger (mainly due to the fact that the premades from the new server dont compare to the ones previously).

Epoch has some good players yes, but the win/loss on the Wargroup is terrible for Defiants.

(And yes, I PVP often enough to know)
    Because you lose to good guardian teams, so do the guardian average players and pugs lose to our pro teams.

You can't tell me that I don't win 3-4 out of 5 games or go on all-day winning streaks

But then again, my guild are all top rated PvP'rs from multiple games... so that might just be us.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    Because you lose to good guardian teams, so do the guardian average players and pugs lose to our pro teams.

You can't tell me that I don't win 3-4 out of 5 games or go on all-day winning streaks

But then again, my guild are all top rated PvP'rs from multiple games... so that might just be us.
    Considering the mediocre skill level from the average warfront team, your "top rated PvP'rs" must not be as good as you think if you can't win more than 60/80% of your games.

And @ OP : No offense taken. My post wasn't against you personnally.
    It's just something that will obviously happen.

Player A plays on a losing guardian server, most of his guildies leave because they're tired to lose, AND more players come to the defiant side to get easy wins, making things worse, and so on.

Not to mention that, even if it's just bad players who do that, it'll still unbalance the servers for world pvp (if any meaningfull world pvp ever happens ).

Considering the mediocre skill level from the average warfront team, your "top rated PvP'rs" must not be as good as you think if you can't win more than 60/80% of your games.
    I guess I didn't specify, but my comment should be interpreted as when I "pug" I win 3-4 out of 5, and with "my team" we are known to go on all day winning streaks at times. There were two separate thoughts there

You have to have faith, we probably never cross paths because the way queues happen, there are some "top guardian teams" that I have only seen once or twice in my seemingly thousands of warfronts played.

It seems that the way the game fills queues, I've personally noticed that when we even queue with a group of 3, we always get matched up against this same trio from Neddra, that I remember by name because they play really smart. But when I solo, or full premade, I don't see them. Because they are good, and give us a real challenge, and I always tell myself "Man, I'd love to play their whole team sometime" but I've never seen their whole team... theory is that they actually are just a trio, and therefore are not easily matched against people who queue with full parties...

Halo was the same way in the way their queues worked. If you joined matchmaking with a team of four, it prioritized you to first match with a team of four, over a team of 3 with a random 4th, over two teams of two, over a group of 4 randoms...

My premade always seems to wait 20+ minutes in a queue with an avg time of 5-7 minutes, and we always see the same group of players...

That's a Trion thing I guess.

+ Reply to Thread