+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: My Rift PVP Wishlist

Default My Rift PVP Wishlist

1. Please god, some sort of skill/gear/premade based matchmaking system. This alone will fix a ton of your PVP problems Trion. So many of the QQ threads are simply because you have premades in R6 facing off against PUGS in fresh 50 greens, or something similar. This is pretty akin to having a college football team play an NFL team, because it doesn't matter if the NFL team is horrible and the college team is great, they're simply different leagues of play that you can't compare. Quality PVP can only happen when the people are of similar gear and skill - it really is walking a tightrope, and the majority of the warfronts being played right now are simply too lopsided, and therefore, meaningless and 0 fun for both parties. I could care less about farming favor, I want to have fun first and foremost.

IDEA: Implement something similar to every FPS on Earth now. Individual PVP skill or W/L ranking - this could be hidden, or maybe have the numbers hidden and just show broad ranks. Rank up for enough wins, rank down for enough losses - you could even factor in average player ranking in damage/kb/healing/deaths if done properly. When groups queue for warfronts, aggregate the PVP rankings and have the system look for the closest groups number to yours. This adds some much needed meaning and purpose to warfronts, as well as producing much higher quality pvp, and probably, will shut up a ton of the balance qqs too!. Oh, and let raids queue ofc.

2. Some sort of in-game guild challenge system where guilds or premades that desire to play each other can go through an official game sponsored battery of warfronts, maybe 3 matches in each. This would be a great way for higher level pvp to consistently happen. You could even add in stuff like a gold pool prize, loser pays winner prospers. PVP is all about finding out, in cold hard numbers, who wins. Give us the opportunity to actually have that.

3. Small request, but I'd love to have some sort of personalized icon system for PVP premades. I'd love to be able to choose icons for each person in my group that sit on top of them, only group members can see, and don't change or go away. Would just help a lot for organization and would help higher level pvp emerge I believe.

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Hi Bleeds-

1) Agreed, the problem being how to handle group compositions of different ranks. Being told I cant queue with a member of my pre-made or anyone else in the game for pvp because I am a different Realm Rank (PR) is pretty lame too. I think a ranked queue option could be implemented and remove some of these problems.

2) Agreed completely. I hope this is in the works, or if nothing else raid queue.

3) This would be fun

SideSwipe

dmv

This promotes instanced pvp. So I'm going to have to say no.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Why does it have to be an immediate no.

What if we could have this and what you wanted?

FFS you are the worst kind of troll.

At least the OP is trying while you continue to spit on your finger and sit on it.

SideSwipe

Sez

I get the overall sense that you enjoy FPS games, and you want this game to be more like the shooters you enjoy.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Bleeds I have a message from Santa, you were a bad boy last year so he has to skip you off the list this year.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Almaria SideSwipe View Post
    Why does it have to be an immediate no.

What if we could have this and what you wanted?

FFS you are the worst kind of troll.

At least the OP is trying while you continue to spit on your finger and sit on it.
    I've made plenty of suggestions.
    Also, you can't call anyone a troll when your name is literally an abbreviation for A S S.

I've made plenty of suggestions.
    Also, you can't call anyone a troll when your name is literally an abbreviation for A S S.
    But instead of trying to continue to build the game that you want to play you will hop into other peoples threads and degrade their ideas?

How is that productive?

Is your job to drive all of the player base away?

Rift was such a bad experience for you that you deem it necissary to defame any attempt to make it better?

My posting name is my ingame character name and my guild.

Assuming just makes an *** out of u and me.

SideSwipe

But instead of trying to continue to build the game that you want to play you will hop into other peoples threads and degrade their ideas?

How is that productive?

Rift was such a bad experience for you that you deem it necissary to defame any attempt to make it better?

It is productive as hes giving his opinion on the matter, hence why the OP made the thread to get responces. Instead of focusing on the issue you on the other hand jump conclusions and drastically overreact, as you can see in your last post here.

Either you're a troll or you're just trying to be McWaffle 2.0
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

dmv

How is that productive?

You make a good point, so I'll have to add a suggestion.
    World pvp promotes longevity in a game, instanced pvp does not.
    World pvp allows for varied gameplay, where as a warfront is repetitive and boring after a while.
    This would look something like the system in Aion in which players fight over a fort, and could utilize different artifacts or sourcecores(whatever you want to call them) to take it over, or defend it. And of course the conquering guild could have theirr names displayed on the fort.
    Some kind of medal system encourage world pvp for gear.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    It is productive as hes giving his opinion on the matter, hence why the OP made the thread to get responces. Instead of focusing on the issue you on the other hand jump conclusions and drastically overreact, as you can see in your last post here.

Either you're a troll or you're just trying to be McWaffle 2.0
    Saw him in a warfront earlier. That was fun.

Don't make better the enemy of best.

Instanced pvp is the ONLY pvp in this game, for right now. How is making it more functional a bad thing. Should we just go from broken system to broken system, abandoning the previous because it didn't work yet? Instanced pvp has its place in almost every MMO, and definitely in this one. Even if the open world PVP system was awesome, people still at the end of the day want a place to figure out absolute winners and losers based on fair numbers and controlled environments.

And in case you haven't noticed, that sandbox type open pvp is not the game we're playing, and won't be anytime soon. I do LIKE PVP and combat in this game, and think warfronts, with a few tweaks, could be infinitely more enjoyable and produce infinitely better pvp experiences for all involved. At the end of the day two well matched, closely geared 5 or 6 or 10 man groups going head to head is fun whether it's in front of a keep or a fang or a flag.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Pugs Vs Premades is one of the top priorities at the moment internally - it's also stated in the post by Elrar at the top of the forum I believe.

I don't think that anyone is going to disagree with your suggestion for better match making. I'll raise the issue again internally - but until we resolve the first issue (pugs vs premades), it is somewhat of a moot point.

If you have other suggestions on improvements for the Warfronts themselves please feel free to make them. We do in fact read these forums, even if we do not always respond.

The PvP forums are full of very passionate people; it's hard to event comment on highly volatile threads.

The forums may in fact be the most dangerous game :P

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The forums may in fact be the most dangerous game :P

~Daglar
    Forum PVP FTW? ;)
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

You make a good point, so I'll have to add a suggestion.
    World pvp promotes longevity in a game, instanced pvp does not.
    World pvp allows for varied gameplay, where as a warfront is repetitive and boring after a while.
    This would look something like the system in Aion in which players fight over a fort, and could utilize different artifacts or sourcecores(whatever you want to call them) to take it over, or defend it. And of course the conquering guild could have theirr names displayed on the fort.
    Some kind of medal system encourage world pvp for gear.
    Unless they are going to do something profound World PvP most times ends up Zerg vs Zerg.

Would i like to see some type of world PvP system? sure would

Just as long as it doesnt come down to Guardians have 3x the population so they own all the world
    or vise versa. Cause with free transfers going around the loosing side will be a depleted population the next week
    Last edited by Atlantia; 06-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Women who seek to be equal to men.... Lack ambition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast