+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Idea for more PVP content

Plane Touched

Default An Idea for more PVP content

so another post had me thinking about relic items and how to make something like this not a zerg grind and one of the things i remember realy enjoying was the old eq1 epic quest. wich was very long but wasnt grindable from all the time delays.

but anyways heres my idea

Pre Requisits.
    In order to start the Epic quest/quest you must be r6
    If multiple quest were there to upgrade all armor slots you would need the rank6 vershion to activate that quest aka if you wanted to do the pvp weapon epic quest. You would need the r6 sword to upgrade it. and so on for all other armor peaces.
    Possible faction requirements for wf factions.

I was thinking it could happen in stages like
    stage 1: Requires a rare item looted in wf off bodies of other r6 players or players in general. Only 1 of these items could be obtained at a time and you would only have a possibility of seeing this item if you were on the quest. *im not sure if this should be rollable on everyone in the wf that had the quest or just hey i have the quest and check all bodies if its on the corpse you get to loot it*
    you could even make it so you needed 1 item from each wf
    stage 2: Could either include special pvp task like kill shard holders/fangholders/runshard/ w/e defeat boss in scion maybe. Or w/e realy just special task in general required here
    stage 3: would be a world pvp event. My idea i post about this before is you have to go outside the opposing factions main city and destroy a rift. After defeating the rift an item or w/e is clickable and it summons an ancient defiant/guardian hero or something. And a big server msg goes out to the opposing faction. You could have it so that the boss roams and is marked on the map like a rift boss and it walks around destroying things in the zone or it just sits in one place that you have to defend. Only upon sucessfully defending the hero would you complete your quest and get your reward. If you fail you would have to wait 24/hrs or server maint to atempt it agian. I could definatly see some major world pvp happening here.

Rewards.
    I was thinking for weapons just an equivilent of Relic weapons from raiding. And for many people that dont know the lack of focus/hit on the pvp weapons means you cant use them in pve and still have the hit/focus cap so the abscence of that stat is good for pve balance. Maybe add like a strikethrough stat or something special for pvp to set it above the pve relic weapon for pvp

Procs: could also be included to be vs players only. Like chance on hit to increase attack speed or maybe a chance for abilities that use atk points to hit twice*warrior of course ;)*

And if this extended to all armor peaces to be upgradeable you could have set bonuses that provide utility options like chance when hit to break cc effects or for healers chance to proc a heal or w/e.

Im just curious if this would satisfy those bored with pvp to have more incentive

Also for stage 2 it could just be defending other world pvp points =p finished by the final stage infront of htere capital city.

Thoughts and comments plz =P

I'd like to see something they used in EQ2. Seperate PvP currencies, and items for War Fronts, and Open world. It works, I've seen it work, and so has Scott Hartsman so he knows it works too. Make a faction currency that is obtained only by killing the opposite faction, and then have some nearly best in slot items, or PvP centric type items (snare or CC procs, etc) be bought only with this currency.

People love chasing gear in an MMO. Do this change and people will fight for the gear. It's a system that always works, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    I'd like to see something they used in EQ2. Seperate PvP currencies, and items for War Fronts, and Open world. It works, I've seen it work, and so has Scott Hartsman so he knows it works too. Make a faction currency that is obtained only by killing the opposite faction, and then have some nearly best in slot items, or PvP centric type items (snare or CC procs, etc) be bought only with this currency.

People love chasing gear in an MMO. Do this change and people will fight for the gear. It's a system that always works, tbh.
    plz dont hijack my thread with other ideas or nerf topics =P I just wana hear what you guys would think of a epic pvp quest that would convert pvp r6 gear to a relic pvp item

dmv

Scott Hartsman is a liar and a thief. I will never forget "Rift will be developed with pvp in mind."
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by labais View Post
    plz dont hijack my thread with other ideas or nerf topics =P I just wana hear what you guys would think of a epic pvp quest that would convert pvp r6 gear to a relic pvp item

OK fine then; I think it's an awful idea. It puts "win or lose" obtained zerg wares on par with real raid force objectives. Items that took teamwork, the ability to synergise, and listen to a raid leader to get.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 06-09-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

dmv

OK fine then; I think it's an awful idea. It puts "win or lose" obtained zerg wares on par with real raid force objectives. Items that took teamwork, the ability to synergise, and listen to a raid leader to get.
    That sounds like a premade to me.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Scott Hartsman is a liar and a thief. I will never forget "Rift will be developed with pvp in mind."
    He was misquoted. He said "The Rift Forums will be developed with PvP in mind."
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    That sounds like a premade to me.
    Yeah some people don't realize those premades roflcopter them because they have good teamwork... and that premades without good teamwork fail just as hard agianst good premades

Stage 1: Makes it a RNG luck thing.
    Stage 2: Makes it a grind thing.
    Stage 3: Makes it a PvE thing.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Stage 1: Makes it a RNG luck thing.
    Stage 2: Makes it a grind thing.
    Stage 3: Makes it a PvE thing.
    A rng thing in pvp....
    You say grind I say something to do?
    How is defending a boss from the enemy faction or make it a crystal if you'd like.... a pve thing

Just make random drops from looting players, but ONLY in open world.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

I dont like the idea to upgrade armor, but agree with the weapon. If we get relic armor then it turns the tides and Dankshasta will start to whine and we have to say him that "youre just a dragon slayer you dont deserve any relic armor zergzerg *insert ********* zerg zerg. PVP is skill!"

Rift Disciple

i think ur idea is great. would be nice to see SOME kind of zone pvp other then battleing over rift boses. problem is its always unfair. 100v40 ect

I like it. Rank 6 is relatively easy to get so there should be more.

Since there are 6 armor pieces, 1 weapon (mh/oh), 1 ranged weapon totaling 8 pieces you could have a quest for each of the 8 souls.

The jewelry pieces could fall under the PvP soul (WF quests)

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    I like it. Rank 6 is relatively easy to get so there should be more.

Since there are 6 armor pieces, 1 weapon (mh/oh), 1 ranged weapon totaling 8 pieces you could have a quest for each of the 8 souls.

The jewelry pieces could fall under the PvP soul (WF quests)
    I think you will see more Ranks down the pipeline.

I am personally hoping that they wait to raise the ceiling, and when they do that they add something besides gear seperation. Further tree abilities perhaps, not sure as I have not really thought out rewards.

SideSwipe

+ Reply to Thread