+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP is the real game of Rift

Default PVP is the real game of Rift

I'm a recent convert to pvp...

On pve server, 50 mage, finished glorified factions in stillmoor/shimmer - really not doing any raiding. Not much else to do, so I tried my first pvp "warfront".

5 million times more fun than pve - sorry pve people. Never ran a "pre-made" and our side gets owned and farmed from time to time in a warfront. Other times, WE own them.

But man - every single wf is fun and exciting. (minus the bickering of strats and too many chiefs not enough indians syndromes).

Week and a half later - I'm Rank 5, achieved just about every achievement and again, never ran a premade. Anyway, I'm looking forward to MORE pvp content that I'm sure is in the works!!!!

dmv

Ironicly pvp contains the least content.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Do not confuse your enjoying one aspect of the game more than another to mean it's better.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Smile

Glad to hear it.

I'm amazed that Trion does not do more with PVP.

1) The combat in this game is fluid and natural. Unlike WAR/Aion/RoM and other mmo's where the combat felt sluggish, the combat feels good. Sure there are some bugs (Fear/riftwalk fall through the world), but for the most part it feels good.

2) So much choice with the souls. 5 roles is not even enough with all you can in this game.

Just crank out the content and it'll be amazing.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Disciple

Yeah, its fun isn't it? Actually I don't really understand PVE at all, seems pointless to me. I'd play Dragon Age, Baulders Gate etc if I wanted that kind of thing.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    I'm amazed that Trion does not do more with PVP.

1) The combat in this game is fluid and natural. Unlike WAR/Aion/RoM and other mmo's where the combat felt sluggish, the combat feels good. Sure there are some bugs (Fear/riftwalk fall through the world), but for the most part it feels good.

2) So much choice with the souls. 5 roles is not even enough with all you can in this game.

Just crank out the content and it'll be amazing.
    They've already added two raids to pve, aswell as a couple pve events.
    They've added, oh wait, nothing to pvp. (the codex bridge does not count)
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Do not confuse your enjoying one aspect of the game more than another to mean it's better.
    How about you don't confuse things that the OP didn't say with things that you put into the OPs mouth... -.-

Please, for me and yourself, find the word 'better' in his post.. (you can not, it is not there.)
    He said it was 'more fun than pve'. In his own personal opinion. Get back in your smelly hole. :]

**But yeh to the OP, trust me once you hit R6 (fully geared) and have gained about 1.5million Favor LIfetime. You will be wanting more to do than all the things that got you there.**
    Last edited by Entangled; 06-09-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    How about you don't confuse things that the OP didn't say with things that you put into the OPs mouth... -.-

Please, for me and yourself, find the word 'better' in his post.. (you can not, it is not there.)
    He said it was 'more fun than pve'. In his own personal opinion. Get back in your smelly hole. :]
    You're awfully grumpy. Maybe you should relax.

;)

Cute wink for cool factor.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

1.5 million - wow.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being pyro - though u die in 2 hits and get maybe 1 out of 5 fulminates cast after building all the charge for it, even with warlock charge enhancer.

Enjoyed being a SC/ELE aoe god. Man that's fun, usually cast the snare aoe then follow up with the air aoe to electrify them all 3x then lightning field them to death - so fun.

My necro/lock/pyro pve spec really sucks for pvp, although rocks pve.

Recently I've enjoyed my new dominator spec chain casting squirrel and using flicker/squirrel etc to run stones in scion/steppes while popping neddra's essence when 10 defiants want to beat on me.

I do wish however we could get 5 roles for pvp and 5 roles for pve - such a pain. I screenshotted all my pve roles for when I need to use them again.

They'll add pvp stuff I'm sure. Although, I'm glad I only started pvp now.

Oh yeah, chloro is so huge as well. Why clerics aren't always heals in pvp is beyond me. But I learned chloro real fast when you have 4 clerics - all dps and not healing.

No convincing argument why clerics aren't pure heals in warfronts. "You let them kill me..." Really? The clerics I try to kill are almost indestructable without casting blight or void shroud on.

"It's more fun to play dps cleric!" Really? So getting half the favor/prestige is more fun after a 20 minute warfront? Okay, more power to you. So losing is more fun than winning? awesome...

Anyway, that is all. Back to warfronts! Thanks for the comments everyone.

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I'm a recent convert to pvp...

On pve server, 50 mage, finished glorified factions in stillmoor/shimmer - really not doing any raiding. Not much else to do, so I tried my first pvp "warfront".

5 million times more fun than pve - sorry pve people. Never ran a "pre-made" and our side gets owned and farmed from time to time in a warfront. Other times, WE own them.

But man - every single wf is fun and exciting. (minus the bickering of strats and too many chiefs not enough indians syndromes).

Week and a half later - I'm Rank 5, achieved just about every achievement and again, never ran a premade. Anyway, I'm looking forward to MORE pvp content that I'm sure is in the works!!!!
    You make groups for PvE, why not make groups for PvP!

I am glad you are starting to see the fun in PvP. Start building groups and see what you can do...simple direction and assisting does awesome things and you will see a change immediately. From there you can start grouping with the same people and develope tactics.

SideSwipe

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    They've already added two raids to pve, aswell as a couple pve events.
    They've added, oh wait, nothing to pvp. (the codex bridge does not count)
    This post adds nothing to the conversation.

You people keep on being the worst kind of kids throwing a tantrum.

What makes you think that they wont add this content?

If the sky is truelly falling un-sub. No need to come on boards provided by them to add nothing productive to the conversation. At the end of the day you vote with your sub dollars and any feedback can be provided on the exit survey.

SideSwipe

you finally get it! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Welcome to PvP, glad you found it

Don't mind the trolls and crybabies, we have many, but then again so does PvE.

PvP has near-endless content because all the different people you play against create a huge variety of situations to react to. Enjoy the variety and be a good sport, one side must always lose the game after all.

+ Reply to Thread