+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Z axis bugs and bunny hopping VS. Melee

Default Z axis bugs and bunny hopping VS. Melee

As a melee I find it really annoying that:
    1. I sap and cannot hit my target for the duration even though I dance around all possible directions and come up with nothing but a premature immumity timer.
    2. I stun someone mid fight or close to them being finished off and cannot seal the deal. Nothing like getting a cleric to 5% and stunning only to stand and watch as he comes out and heals to full!
    3. Bunnyhopping is an in game defensive mechanism to the extent melee cannot attack Mr.(or Mrs.) jump spammer.

I notice most of these issues of not being able to attack while stunned/sapped while target is moving on an incline or decline of the terrain when the status effect is applied. Or, when the effect is applied mid jump of ispamalotofjumpucanthitmelol.

discuss please
    Last edited by Aurrek; 06-09-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Aurrek..increased damage.

Soulwalker

Jump spamming has really no effect on ranged attacks, aside from drawing fire by looking like a wounded bird.

Because of this, if there are exploits or issues relating to melee combat, they need to be sorted out in order to make it fair for those melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Gideon View Post
    Jump spamming has really no effect on ranged attacks, aside from drawing fire by looking like a wounded bird.

Because of this, if there are exploits or issues relating to melee combat, they need to be sorted out in order to make it fair for those melee classes.
    Ya i lol @ them while on my MM. I never have any issues with hitting targets while sapped or stunned

dmv

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...video-included).
    I don't think Trion utilizes the Z axis in anything to be quite honest. As illustrated in the fact I can get on top of the guardian bridge in my pvp video, but if venture to either end I get teleported away.
    It's been confirmed guardians can get on our gimped bridge too, before they all start *****ing.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

All Im asking for is my stuns to not be a pause in the fight. I'd like to be able to actually hit my target most of the time

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrek View Post
    All Im asking for is my stuns to not be a pause in the fight. I'd like to be able to actually hit my target most of the time
    Agreed.
    P.S. Stop **** blocking me when I'm trying to run the flag in WFS. Lol, I've only got like 20 more stones to go.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    I don't think Trion utilizes the Z axis in anything to be quite honest. As illustrated in the fact I can get on top of the guardian bridge in my pvp video, but if venture to either end I get teleported away.
    I'd have to agree with this. Examples are being able to melee someone who is like 20 feet above you (like bing under scion bridge and meleeing someone above) and the way that all the teleports glitch out when there is a change in elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Agreed.
    P.S. Stop **** blocking me when I'm trying to run the flag in WFS. Lol, I've only got like 20 more stones to go.
    LOL Someone has to do it. others dont seem to pay attention to you at all. now when i go RS and try that crap im instantly swarmed

What happens in real life, when I jump over a sword?

Oh, it misses?

Rift curse you and your accuracy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    What happens in real life, when I jump over a sword?

Oh, it misses?

Rift curse you and your accuracy!!!
    lol i hope your trolling cuz that made me lol at the stupidity in your logic.
    irl jump repeatedly while someone is swinging a sword at your midsection see how many times it misses.
    youre logic is flawed and this isnt real life...

lol i hope your trolling cuz that made me lol at the stupidity in your logic.
    irl jump repeatedly while someone is swinging a sword at your midsection see how many times it misses.
    youre logic is flawed and this isnt real life...
    Since we are talking "logic" here. Rift programmed the game a certain way, and you are saying it's wrong? Based on... ... ...? I'll wait....

My silly real life example establishes precedence that the programmer actually is "more right" than your "hey, this game shoud copy Warcraft or it's not correct" using actual logic.

Saying this is an exploit, and the programmer made a mistake, is like telling DaVinci that the Mona Lisa should have been Blonde.
    Last edited by Menaace; 06-09-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Since we are talking "logic" here. Rift programmed the game a certain way, and you are saying it's wrong? Based on... ... ...? I'll wait....

My silly real life example establishes precedence that the programmer actually is "more right" than your "hey, this game shoud copy Warcraft or it's not correct" using actual logic.

Saying this is an exploit, and the programmer made a mistake, is like telling DaVinci that the Mona Lisa should have been Blonde.
    OK so i am posting about what I feel is a bug and you throw in some random life crap about jumping swords. If they intended jumping to make melee miss i would like to see it in the combat log xxxxxx jumped over your savage strike. or likewise i would like to strafe and dodge arrows and fireballs. However i do not feel this is an intentional mechanic. The 2 issues imho opinion go hand and hand and are a result of flawed coding mixed with latency affecting what i would call the Z axis.
    I made no reference to any other game and have actually seen the same issues in other games.
    Last edited by Aurrek; 06-09-2011 at 01:05 PM.

dmv

Silly troll, tricks are for kids.

OK so i am posting about what I feel is a bug and you throw in some random life crap about jumping swords. If they intended jumping to make melee miss i would like to see it in the combat log xxxxxx jumped over your savage strike. or likewise i would like to strafe and dodge arrows and fireballs. However i do not feel this is an intentional mechanic. The 2 issues imho opinion go hand and hand and are a result of flawed coding mixed with latency affecting what i would call the Z axis.
    I made no reference to any other game and have actually seen the same issues in other games.
    What "you call the Z axis?" So you coined the term? I always thought Descartes pioneered the principle of the cartesian coordianate system... Now I'm a little star-struck ;)

Anyway, point being, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a game flaw. You want to be melee, accept that people can move out of your swinging range. I mean, I'd like to be a mage who wears plate, and carries a hammer too, but unfortunately I don't get everything I cry out for either. And then again, I'm not lobbying to turn Rift into WoW either.
    Last edited by Menaace; 06-09-2011 at 01:51 PM.

dmv

What "you call the Z axis?" So you coined the term? I always thought Descartes pioneered the principle of the cartesian coordianate system... Now I'm a little star-struck ;)

Anyway, point being, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a game flaw. You want to be melee, accept that people can move out of your swinging range. I mean, I'd like to be a mage who wears plate, and carries a hammer too, but unfortunately I don't get everything I cry out for either. And then again, I'm not lobbying to turn Rift into WoW either.
    Ok. Then let's make it so that you can jump over spells aswell? Even the playing field ya know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast