+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP for dummies (LOTS of those)

Soulwalker

Default PVP for dummies (LOTS of those)

basic pvp, regardless of faction or warfront:
    alot of people are getting downright TANKED in pvp, both annoying and shocking, when it happens 40+. people SHOULD know better!!!

Kill healer
    Kill healer
    kill healer
    Kill BARDx 20

bards are the most annoyingly stupid spamhealer i ever encountered in pvp. they heal ENTIRE raid (in range ofc)
    this is especially bad in black garden.
    I cannot stress how important it is to simply KILL bards right away, otherwise you most likely end up losing both fights and game.
    Please, don't get tanked in pvp.....

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlemus View Post
    Kill healer
    Kill healer
    kill healer
    Kill BARDx 20
    I dont understand what this means.. can you explain. You should kill the tanks first its the best way to win.

My irony meter just went past 9000.

Tip: If your group is focusing the rank 6 cleric, you're definitely doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-09-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    My irony meter just broke the scale.

Tip: If your group is focusing the rank 6 cleric, you're definitely doing something wrong.
    i think there is 3 healers and 20 bards lol

Soulwalker

my rogue did a 40-49 black garden

Cleric healer 120k healing 0 deaths
    Bard healer 65k healing 0 deaths

People are seriously braindead in bg, its like watching Warsong gulch all over again.
    Are people really that stupid that they can't see their target never drop below 70% hp???
    Mind you we are talking 40+ here, people should have grasped the basics by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    I dont understand what this means.. can you explain. You should kill the tanks first its the best way to win.
    If it's a warrior guard/subdue tank, you are actually quite correct - unless you're fond of dealing 60% reduced damage to anyone but him and an additionally 50% reduced damage to one of his teammates. Usually a healer.
    retired

It puts the "1" on the healer.

It puts the auto trader in the basket

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    It puts the "1" on the healer.

It puts the auto trader in the basket
    This. I've scream so hard in pvp groups to mark the healers, ****in idiots dont even know if theyre leaders.

Soulwalker

Alternately:

Lock down healer (knockbacks to screw up their line of sight/range, stuns set around their immunity timer, interrupts)
    Kill most dangerous DPS
    Snare and kite mDPS (there are no class-based tanks in pvp, only the healer target)

Repeat as necessary until there are only mDPS and healers left, then take down the healers while continuing to kite the poor melee buggers.

This has worked in every MMO since diablo. Except WAR, I guess, which had actual PvP tanks (you had to focus on them when they used taunt-style abilities or the pvp effects would screw you hard).

Champion of Telara

People who oversimplify something as dynamic as PvP are obviously Pro.

Rift Chaser

alot of people are getting downright TANKED in pvp, both annoying and shocking, when it happens 40+. people SHOULD know better!!!

Kill healer
    Kill healer
    kill healer
    Kill BARDx 20

bards are the most annoyingly stupid spamhealer i ever encountered in pvp. they heal ENTIRE raid (in range ofc)
    this is especially bad in black garden.
    I cannot stress how important it is to simply KILL bards right away, otherwise you most likely end up losing both fights and game.
    Please, don't get tanked in pvp.....
    With the exception of your total ignorance regarding bard, good advice. The amount of people bards can heal was reduced a while ago.

Shadowlander

Default Healers

Kill healer
    Kill healer
    kill healer
    Kill BARDx 20
    What about the little BG map? If they are holding the fang in their corner...which both sides usually do...killing the healers actually makes it easier for them to heal. Takes awhile to kill them while you lose points, then they pop back in pretty quick but can now stand on the cliff and heal. Unless you have a nice pull to yank them down or send them running or send your pet on them.

BG is one of the few areas I've ever seen a healer become more dangerous because they were killed. Unless you hav a well formed group to deal with them being up there.

If your team is trying to kill a R6 healer...and there are more than 1...I can almost guarantee you will get pwned.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread