+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor all messed up in Warfronts

Default Favor all messed up in Warfronts

Observe this warfront, over half of the opposing team had more favor even though they lost.

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL223.../397167163.jpg

This is totally wrong and indicative of poor game design.

Please remove kills from favor calculations, it should be based upon the objectives which in this Warfront (Whitehall) we need to capture the opposing teams sourcestone while retaining our own.

Favor should be based upon winning and losing, the winner should get a minimum of 2x the favor that the loser can get.

A simple way of fixing this is to cap the a teams favor based upon their score, this will prevent the losers from ever getting more favor than the winners.
    Last edited by Delphya; 06-08-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    Observe this warfront, over half of the opposing team had more favor even though they lost.

Please remove kills from favor calculations, it should be based upon the objectives which in this Warfront (Whitehall) we need to capture the opposing teams sourcestone while retaining our own.

Favor should be based upon winning and losing, the winner should get a minimum of 2x the favor that the loser can get.

A simple way of fixing this is to cap the a teams favor based upon their score, this will prevent the losers from ever getting more favor than the winners.
    You get those kind of results when people join late in the game; oh what was that a question?
    Why do you have such a high post count?
    Is this that show "The View"?
    Where am I?
    Last edited by Shermhead; 06-09-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Working as intended™
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Plane Walker

Let me see ... what's the difference in favor between a won and lost warfront? I don't remember.

Your difference in kills is 82 - 66 = 16 kills x 15 favor = 240 favor

You guys got farmed hard, and were lucky to win. This rarely happens.

Everyone always has your idea, it's been said a million times. The reason it isn't implemented is because it's hard to make it work.

I can give you lots of examples for any WF, yeah it may just be bad design, but it's the reason you get favor for kills straight up. Not healing, not tanking, not running flags, just kills. It's basically the only exploit-free, fair, all around way to do it. You got a favor bonus for winning your match, be happy with that.

favor is best like it is .Cretin thing to say no favor for kills pfff

-99 for this

Prophet of Telara

I have to agree with the OP. One time in Whitefall, my team was losing hard...they got two caps on us quickly(less than 5 minutes), because we started with less people. My team started calling to just let them cap the next one so we could get a new WF, and I said "Let's just turtle up and farm them...we'll lose the WF, but get more favor." Nobody believed me, but agreed to do it just to annoy the Defiants. At the end, with their win bonus most of their team was around 1k Valor. We were at 1.7-1.8k. The tears began to fall, and they tasted great.

OP is right...that is stupid. In addition, it is stupid that the "bads" on my team get just as much favor as me when I am stomping hardcore. Objective based play SHOULD be rewarded. I did another Whitefall before this business trip in which I got all 3 shard captures for my team, and killed their shard carrier twice. Wasn't even a team effort...I got it solo while my team was fighting mid every time, and a couple times even chased their shard carrier down and killed him...again while the majority of both teams was just fighting in the middle. In the end, I didn't even get the most favor for my team...

What about when I solo both enemy planar capacitors and give my team +200 points in Scion? Nothing extra for me, and that AFK up in the spawn is getting just as much favor.

Kills should give favor to your team.

Completing objectives should give favor to you, and a lesser amount to those in your direct vicinity for "helping".

Winning should give you an amount that guarantees all winners who were in the match the whole time get more favor than losers who were in the match the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    What about when I solo both enemy planar capacitors and give my team +200 points in Scion? Nothing extra for me, and that AFK up in the spawn is getting just as much favor
    Too many variables. What if I as a cleric see you soloing this Planar Capacitor, and notice you get jumped so I start to heal you? We defeat the player and you continue to "solo" the capacitor and I continue to watch your back and keep you topped up. Who should get the extra points? Didn't I help you? What % of the favor should I get for healing your 4 times? What if threw a DoT on the capacitor? Clearly if I wasn't around, you would have died and the capacitor would not be destroyed.

Again. I'm all for rewarding objectives in PvP, but no one has come up with any system that makes sense yet. So we get what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Too many variables. What if I as a cleric see you soloing this Planar Capacitor, and notice you get jumped so I start to heal you? We defeat the player and you continue to "solo" the capacitor and I continue to watch your back and keep you topped up. Who should get the extra points? Didn't I help you? What % of the favor should I get for healing your 4 times? What if threw a DoT on the capacitor? Clearly if I wasn't around, you would have died and the capacitor would not be destroyed.

Again. I'm all for rewarding objectives in PvP, but no one has come up with any system that makes sense yet. So we get what we have now.
    Set a radial point from all objectives, a light highlight on the mini map around the objective for statics and mobiles that display on the map would be a fine indicator, have it expand out to 50 meters roughly. All favor gains obtained within the radius are increased by 50% when contesting the objective, all favor gains within radius are increased by 100% if you control the objective.

There ya go simple easy system to promote fighting for, holding, and defending objectives.

Cheers.

Rift Chaser

you mean you don't like being the only person to cap all 3 stones, and have the lowest favor in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by naturegoulet View Post
    you mean you don't like being the only person to cap all 3 stones, and have the lowest favor in the game?
    Never bothered me to be honest, I want my team to win. I want to, if at all possible, avoid the chaos in the WF's from people running off "doin their own thing" and ignoring objectives. I want to give the lemmings and sheeple a reason to participate in taking and holding objectives, since obviously the current system of winning the game isn't enough motivation for half the brain dead monkeys that run around in there.

It honestly is completely self motivated. I like big skirmish battles that move through the field, not little 1's and 2's off doing their own thing and ignoring the objectives, that's why there is world PvP.

Cheers.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by naturegoulet View Post
    It's not like it ruins the fun for me, but it just doesn't make any sense...

+ Reply to Thread