+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the rank 6 weapons please be actually brought on par with t3 weapons?

Plane Touched

Default Can the rank 6 weapons please be actually brought on par with t3 weapons?

Tier 3 ranged weapons have 41.7 dps, not 40.4.

Tier 3 melee weapons have 33.6 to 34 dps, not 32.8.

Also, +hit is just as necessary in PvP as it is in PvE, so please give some of that to the weapons.

So tired of PvE weapons being clearly superior to PvP weapons in PvP.

Plane Walker

Oh, they are on par alright with minor differences ... until you consider relics into the picture.

Plane Touched

The difference between a 0% and a 20% chance to miss is not minor, and there's no excuse for supposedly tier 3 equivalent weapons to have .8-1.3 less dps on them.
    Last edited by Neuts; 06-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Ascendant

lol

hit in pvp
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Banned

Not in agreement - fine as is.

Banned

PvP gear is a grind thats given. PvE gear you need to earn and be good enough to finish what ever instance you're doing.

PvP gear should never come close to PvE gear. If you want the better PvE weapons then get enough people who are good enough to get the gear.

The fact that you want +hit for PvP means you have no dam clue what you're doing.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 06-08-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Plane Walker

Actually they are both a matter of being good at what you do and have good people to group with to do it.

Prior to 1.2 I did my calculations and the amount of time it took to get comparable gear from PvP was about 5 times more than PvE. After 1.2, things are a lot easier, I'd say at least twice as easy as before.

The bottom line is the usage of those tools, not their comparable quality. For example, if a tier of PvE raid is a gear check then you need the better gear to pass it. So if you put two guys that are of the same skill level in PvE and one has the gear and the other doesn't, then the geared one will succeed not due to skill but due to gear.

The same applies in PvP. Put two equally skilled people to fight, the better geared will come on top.

The difference between the two activities is that in PvP you'll always be competing with the best gear available in the game while in PvE the progression is more gradual.

In my opinion the best gear from PvP should come from PvP exclusively, while the best from PvE should come from PvE. Right now in terms of PvP, the PvP armor is better than PvE armor for damage dealers (staying alive and keep doing damage is more important than max dps and dying constantly) and healers (staying alive and heal is more important than max hps and dying constantly). PvE raid quality tanking gear is better in PvP surprisingly and so are relic weapons.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    PvP gear is a grind thats given. PvE gear you need to earn and be good enough to finish what ever instance you're doing.

PvP gear should never come close to PvE gear. If you want the better PvE weapons then get enough people who are good enough to get the gear.

The fact that you want +hit for PvP means you have no dam clue what you're doing.
    FLAME ON.

How DARE you insult someone else when you have no idea as to the mechanics of PVP.
    The fact you DON'T want +hit in pvp means you have no DAMN(spell it properly) clue what you're doing.
    I use one raid tier, and one relic dagger. I've bought quite a few of the r6 pvp weapons, I buy them and sell them back to the npc for 2 plat. That's all they're good for.

In short, make sure you're not ignorant AND arrogant when you belittle someone elses opinion.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Rift Disciple

NO!! Dont do it. Wait until im R6.

Says the carebear

You play on Deepwood, a PvE server and have this fruity opinion. I play on Briarcliff, a PvP server, and am a PvP centric player that would never make such an absurd comment in reverse. Time is time. PvP takes time just as PvE takes time. The rewards should not be superior for PvE and to suggest that clearly shows your bias and limited ability to respond in a fair minded and intelligent manner.

-CC

Ascendant

You couldn't be farther away from truth....
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

0_0???
    do you know what you are speaking about? there are some players that do get carried in pvp, unless you are good in pvp and actual help your team getting to rank 6 with me 10x more painful and 3x longer.
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

Add PVP essences via favor, with some hit on them.

Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Add PVP essences via favor, with some hit on them.

This game requires more PVE for gear than Aion did.
    /facepalm.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

T3 weapon should be better than rank 6 weapon
    but not BY THAT MUCH.
    And then when you can compare them with other purple which is worst than R6,it is getting absurd.
    Damage is already over the top without these weapon , and with it, we have seem one shooter mage, 6 click one kill rogue and stun-kill warrior.
    This remind me of the great Warhammer 1.40 which cause 70% drop in sub less than 3 month.
    I suggest a nerf in relic weapon instead.
    Last edited by Wawer; 06-09-2011 at 12:47 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast