+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure builds are better for Warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default Pure builds are better for Warfronts

Just an observation, I see a lot of people playing in warfronts with Hybrid builds which make it so they are not "good" at anything. I see many healers/dps/support with points into self preservation. For example for a 10man warfront, I see 2 Pure healing clerics, 7 Pure DPS, 1 Bard as a perfect build. Am I alone in this train of thought?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    Just an observation, I see a lot of people playing in warfronts with Hybrid builds which make it so they are not "good" at anything. I see many healers/dps/support with points into self preservation. For example for a 10man warfront, I see 2 Pure healing clerics, 7 Pure DPS, 1 Bard as a perfect build. Am I alone in this train of thought?
    Probably not alone, but there are many good reasons to go hybrid. I'll list a couple that spring to mind first

1) The points between abilities in roots increases at 24-30 or so.

2) Some branch points for a pure (assuming 51 points) would only ever be useful for pve. Who needs increased threat generation in pvp for example? Some might be downright harmful (personally I think giving Bull Rush a 3 second stun in addition to the root is a bad idea because you'll end up putting both CC categories on DR). Yet more are debatable in their value.. do you really need more hit chance when your soul has reactive abilities that trigger only when you didn't hit properly?

3) You can gain any optional branch abilities (such as Battlefield Intimidation, Flicker etc) without spending more than 31 points

4) Sometimes a second soul offers a similar ability at a lower point cost in addition to other useful stuff

5) Some of the lower branch abilities are passive boosts that apply to all souls but aren't found in others. +5% critical chance is a worthy investment especially if your main soul benefits from crits especially well.

6) 51 points to a soul only leaves you with 14 points for a second soul, which doesn't get you to fourth tier of any other soul.

7) Some late root abilities are essentially replacements for earlier ones, so while they look nice on paper the actual gain (per point spent) should be considered by first removing the benefit of the earlier ability.

simply put, you gain much more utility and/or damage/healing from going hybrid than you'd gain from going pure.

+ Reply to Thread