+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Clerics Bubble Capping - Needs Looked At

Shield of Telara

Default Clerics Bubble Capping - Needs Looked At

* The following objects can no longer be interacted with while under the effect of Slip Away, Twilight Transcendence, Scatter the Shadows, Defer Death, or Phase Shift:
    - Black Garden: The Fang of Regulos
    - The Codex: All control points
    - Whitefall Steppes: The Sourcestone
    - Port Scion: Sourcestone and capture points
    If Trion saw the problem with people capping while immune and fixed it, why can clerics still pop up a damage absorbing shield and cap objects without being interrupted?

IMO, they should allow the shields to absorb damage, but they should not make them immune to interrupts. This is actually worse that Defer Death. At least with Defer Death the damage would hit the player after 10 seconds.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

inb4: it's fine l2p
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    If Trion saw the problem with people capping while immune and fixed it, why can clerics still pop up a damage absorbing shield and cap objects without being interrupted?

IMO, they should allow the shields to absorb damage, but they should not make them immune to interrupts. This is actually worse that Defer Death. At least with Defer Death the damage would hit the player after 10 seconds.
    It isn't worst than defer death was because you can do enough damage to break the shield, unlike defer death which was a guarenteed cap unless cced/kbed.

Clerics are not the only ones who can do it. Warriors, and Mages can do it too.

<sigh>

Not only that, unlike the Rogue, it does not make them immune. You can burst their bubble, and stop them.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-08-2011 at 10:17 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Potions can do this as well.

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

You can also bunt the person with a bubble there by interupting the cap.

As noted, it is just damage mitigation. More damage to pop bubble.

Target priority is a must!

SideSwipe

I fail to see the BFD. So what if they capped something, use your cool downs to cap it back. Picking up the fang doesn't win them the game. Holding it for 10 seconds doesn't win them the game.

Guess what, if they put up defer death and cap something, they're gunna die. At that point.... CAP IT BACK.

Use death grip or something and pull them away.

Defer death doesn't make you immune to CC.

Teleporting doesn't make them faster than a mount.

Teleporting doesn't put them out of range of most mages or rogues.

For every scenario, there are dozens of counters. If you can't conceive of or implement one, you're a bad player. Bad players are just going to keep complaining until everything is blocked, nerfed, or restricted. Then you can all be identical characters with identical stats and identical abilities... and ya know what? People will still complain. He timed his jump just right so I missed my melee swing. He found a path over debris and I can't follow him.

If Guardians were the only side that got healers, there'd be a problem. If Defiants were the only ones that could mount up, there'd be a problem. As is, everyone has the same tools at their disposal. If someone is consistently beating your face in with a certain strategy, develop a counter. If you can't manage that, you miss the entire premise of PVP and you're pretty much just a macro mashing moron.
    Last edited by Kayden Fox; 06-08-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Warriors ... can do it too.
    Really??? How? Like this?
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 06-08-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Well said Kayden Fox.

SideSwipe

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post

He timed his jump just right so I missed my melee swing.

Good post till this point. Bunny Hopping isn't an ability. Its an exploit. Hop around all you want, but doing it to exploit a problem with game mechanics isn't skill, and should be "Countered" by Trion.

Bob

Rift Master

even with asbosb bubble, u can still use knock back skills on them 2 interrupt, stuns and dps them fast enough to knockl the bubble out..

instead your crying because ur 100dmg aoe isn't interrupting them and making the game boring and an aoe fest..

its called strategy, get some.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

@OP- FFS.... needs -TO BE- looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheDog View Post
    Good post till this point. Bunny Hopping isn't an ability. Its an exploit. Hop around all you want, but doing it to exploit a problem with game mechanics isn't skill, and should be "Countered" by Trion.

Bob
    I'm confused, I can tell by your post that YOUR space bar isn't broken.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Prophet of Telara

Every class can do this provided they have the notoriety for the PvP trinket with shielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post

HINT:

A Cleric bubble is not "immune".
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    HINT:

A Cleric bubble is not "immune".
    Indeed. They can still be feared or knocked back off the objective, which is entirely different from being immune to all spells and damage, as has been said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast