+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many rank 1 players does it take to equal one rank 6 player?

Shadowlander

Default How many rank 1 players does it take to equal one rank 6 player?

Let's say, the rank 1 and rank 6 players are of equal skill and class, the only difference is the gear. Hypothetically speaking, if you could trade players out, how many rank 1's would you be willing to give up for a rank 6 player in your wf?

Telaran

A group of 5 Rank 6 geared players should be able to take out 20 Rank 1 equivalent geared players.

As a Rogue my Deadeye shot crits 0 valor players for over 3000 regularly. (3/4 of their HP)
    Last edited by Megatf; 06-06-2011 at 07:03 AM.

I think the real question here should be: how many Red Arsed Baboons would be needed to take out three *angry* Silverback Gorillas?
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Megatf View Post
    A group of 5 Rank 6 geared players should be able to take out 20 Rank 1 equivalent geared players.

As a Rogue my Deadeye shot crits 0 valor players for over 3000 regularly. (3/4 of their HP)
    Ok, so in that situation, 4 rank 1's are less desirable than one rank 6. Interesting...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    I think the real question here should be: how many Red Arsed Baboons would be needed to take out three *angry* Silverback Gorillas?
    LMAO! Hilarious analogy!

Rift Disciple

It really depends on their class.
    I doubt a rogue can kill 4 players because they are "fragile". if you had some sort of support that would be np.
    on the other side, I think warriors can definitely do it, and mages... too.

but clerics may even take over 8 players at rank 1.

Plane Walker

In a 1vX, I'd guess a R6 is gonna come out the winner against 2-3 opponents with fairly good odds. Personally, I'm R6 with ~780 Valor and I can take 2-3 people who are R1-2 fairly easily, sometimes 4 if they aren't the greatest players. Taking damage from multiple targets is always pretty dicey as a rogue though, given my lack of any ability to heal.

In larger numbers, I think the million dollar factor would be how well the lower Rank players focus fire. Like Megatf said, 5 geared R6's are going to wreck a whole lot of people very quickly especially if they are coordinated. Focused fire from 20 people however is gonna stomp 90% of the builds out there into the dirt pretty quickly though.

PvP in this game is Gear>Skill at lower numbers, but at higher numbers (from a ratio perspective) coordination can overcome that.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread