+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The "new" Port Scion Sucks

Default The "new" Port Scion Sucks

Man, now that people actually play the objectives, I'm really hating the 4-5 minute long scion for 400-500 favor.

Worthless worthless worthless
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Port Scion has become the burning crusade (and later) AV. It's pretty lame.

My shard group must be slow learners. Snarebrush, stonecrest(?), Byriel, Dimroot, Briarcliff plus other new ones. I'm getting more favor than ever. And there's lots of fighting amidst the pve. First people tend to fight over the bridge. Losing side goes for idols/capacitors. Bridge people defend defend the attacked idols while running shards. and so on. The fights have been just as long as ever, too.

on the new deepstrike cluster; deepstrike, dayblind, keenblade, greybriar, and which ever others.

Guardian and Defiant are running by each other at the bridge, to kill the idols, defiant start at south move north, guardian seem to start at north, sometimes killing the undead dude on the way.

Either way, maybe 10 total deaths happen in the warfront (per side), and the game is over in 4-6 minutes
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Shadowlander

I was excited by these new servers for better queue times but after winning over & over, and never seeing anything but NPCs in Port Scion, I'm sad. I think we won one game with like 20 kills total, and I don't remember seeing or being involved in any of those kills.

I'm on Dayblind and was happier playing with all the Deepstrike PvPers, now we get abused for not killing idols and bosses.
    Last edited by NO15E; 06-03-2011 at 12:22 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I think its safe to say all the real gamers are done with this game or on their way out.

It's pretty clear Trion has no vision for the game and no concept of what makes a good PvP environment. Turning Scion into AV-lite just shows that no one at the company even plays the game on live servers. Who knows what happens on their testing servers, but clearly its giving them terribly inaccurate data.

I or any of the remaining critical thinkers could easily devise fixes for the broken game environments. Scion's PvE objectives would be fine if defense and offense were both equally valuable, but as it stands, there is no reason or ability to defend.

Because of the incredibly high damage compared with health bars in this game, a smaller force engaging a larger force is always immediately annihilated unless there is a massive gear/skill differential.

In WoW, damage was lower, which let a smaller force last longer against a larger one, and the playing field was further leveled in AV by the presence of powerful defensive NPCs, both archers and melee that gave the defenders areas to hole up and either regroup/med or make a stand. This allowed defenders to slow the enemy offense and a small group defending could make enough of a difference to buy their offense time to win. It's certainly not perfect, but its a way of doing things.

By contrast, the NPCs in Scion are easily reached in the open, easily tanked and most can be virtually ignored because of how powerful healing is. Meanwhile the entire group's damage can be brought to bear against anyone approaching their deathball zerg and defending the NPCs is essentially impossible without equal or greater numbers. Even then, the attackers have the advantage because the defenders must approach them as they fight an NPC and thus the entire firepower of the attackers is brought to bear against the few defenders as they approach. This all happens without any strategy. Its just how the game develops.

The NPC defenders need powerful AOE damage and/or knockback to break up the offensive deathballs and give defenders a fighting chance. They should also consider adding defensive mages or archers near the spawn areas to give players an area to fall back to on defense. Right now, defenders in the open are just fodder for the deathball.

These changes should be coupled with a few layout changes to make the bridge area more balanced for both sides (get rid of Dead Defiant Alley) and additional graveyard objectives should be added so that the bridge does not become the end-all be-all of the zone again. A capturable graveyard between the starting spawn and the bridge for each side would be a good start. It would give players an option if the bridge was too well defended, and would force people to defend lest they grant the enemy a foothold near all their objectives.

Shadowlander

yeah, I too agree.. it should be PVP, not a stupid PVE game... they could change it, so killing the boss doesnt win the game, but just makes bringing the shards useless for 10 minutes or so, so only the side with the boss alive can capture shards.. or something like that.. ive seen rogue tactics, when a bunch of people go to the bridge & 2 rogues go to idol/capacitor, incapacitate the guard and just kill the idol LOL, then everyone rushes to the boss & kills him in like 3 minutes.. PVE SUCKS... I got this game coz of PVP, i dont think I was in more then 2 dungeons in total (fae & AP) ../ gonna have to go back to something with real pvp.. (yes, yes, im whining!)
    Last edited by Sigtran; 06-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Telaran

I thought I was tired of one sided fights in Port Scion, but it still included some epic battles of aoe and heals. Now, like others have posted, sometimes I never even see an enemy player.
    Last edited by Glow Stick; 06-03-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigtran View Post
    yeah, I too agree.. it should be PVP, not a stupid PVE game... they could change it, so killing the boss doesnt win the game, but just makes bringing the shards useless for 10 minutes or so, so only the side with the boss alive can capture shards.. or something like that.. ive seen rogue tactics, when a bunch of people go to the bridge & 2 rogues go to idol/capacitor, incapacitate the guard and just kill the idol LOL, then everyone rushes to the boss & kills him in like 3 minutes.. PVE SUCKS... I got this game coz of PVP, i dont think I was in more then 2 dungeons in total (fae & AP) ../ gonna have to go back to something with real pvp.. (yes, yes, im whining!)
    Just turn the shards in somewhere else.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Come to briarcliff and we will show you how to play properly.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Come to briarcliff and we will show you how to play properly.
    dont say that, we don't want our queues even longer
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Now I realize why they made the initials for the 4th Warfront P.O.S.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Its only low favor when the other side is a bunch of idots

Example:

If they get bridge and keep running stones while you kill their planars/idols and kill theri boss without them trying to stop you, then yes its horrible favor

However, I kid you not we LOST one and everyone on our team ended up with, no ****, 3k favor. It was a long brutal match that we barely lost and I had the time of my life in it.

I abolutly LOVE the new PS because people acctually have to PAY ATTENTION to what the other team is doing at all times.

WTF is everyone talking about....what is the "NEW" Port? If you are talking about ppl doing the objectives that have been in the game since it launched...your a bunch a ****ing tools. Could you honestly find anything else to ***** about?
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    WTF is everyone talking about....what is the "NEW" Port? If you are talking about ppl doing the objectives that have been in the game since it launched...your a bunch a ****ing tools. Could you honestly find anything else to ***** about?
    1.) switch to decaff

2.) The mechanics have changed, not the objectives.

Is is now not nearly as important to run stones because there is no buff for doing so. Before the patch that changed it, if you killed their flux and capacitor and tried to kill their boss they could easily wipe you because they had about 20 stone buffs on them. Now its not nearly as easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast