+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove the Port Scion PvE content, please.

Default Remove the Port Scion PvE content, please.

You merge serveral servers in with our PvP cluster, and all these guys do is rush the boss. It's boring, and nets far less prestige, and favor than pure PvP fights, controlling the church, and the bridge. If I wanted to PvE, I would roll on a PvE server.

I don't know why people are afraid to PvP.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You merge serveral servers in with our PvP cluster, and all these guys do is rush the boss. It's boring, and nets far less prestige, and favor than pure PvP fights, controlling the church, and the bridge. If I wanted to PvE, I would roll on a PvE server.

You actually face less pve type stuff by hanging back and defending a rush on the boss, as the only thing attacking you is other players at this point. I thought you for one would welcome some diversity in attack plans by your enemy. Unless you mean your team mates are winning too fast?
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    You actually face less pve type stuff by hanging back and defending a rush on the boss, as the only thing attacking you is other players at this point. I thought you for one would welcome some diversity in attack plans by your enemy. Unless you mean your team mates are winning too fast?
    Good luck trying to convince the 15 -19 other random people to listen.

Like herding cats.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Yeah, it's over so fast, it is boring. I get into one, maybe two fights, and it's done. I'm all for diversity, but this is taking it out of the game when you can rush through, take out the boss, and it's over. Then it becomes a PvE DPS race for both sides, and that isn't fun.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

I can't tell you how many times Defiants not only lost but lost then compared DPS at the end as if they were leet sauce for losing with the most damage inflicted. I used to make quibs like "You got the most DPS and you still lost, what does that tell you?" but it's hopeless. I only wish we saw as much objective driven gameplay as you seem to be seeing.

Telaran

@OP,

Player vs. Player does not always mean Player FIGHTING Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    I can't tell you how many times Defiants not only lost but lost then compared DPS at the end as if they were leet sauce for losing with the most damage inflicted. I used to make quibs like "You got the most DPS and you still lost, what does that tell you?" but it's hopeless. I only wish we saw as much objective driven gameplay as you seem to be seeing.
    No, I'm used to epic mass battles on the bridge, and large skirmishes in the church, with small group fights between the church, and boss, stopping the shard carriers, and coming out of Port Scion with 4000 prestige a match, with the highest being right under 6000 prestige.

Now with them adding these PvE servers to our Cluster, it's take out capacitor one, capacitor two, and boss, netting 800 prestige, far less favor, and utter boredom.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by thedrumchannell View Post
    @OP,

You have your PvE servers, we want our Player fighting Player back.

Topeka Photography

It adds diversity and may require additional multitasking...which does not reduce PvP in the least.

Whether you are fighting the group at the Bridge/Church or you are fighting them at one of the Idols or at the Boss... you're still fighting them, right?

A team cannot simply take Bridge/Church and farm people - there may be others that are going an alternate route to win. Forces would have to be split. In doing so, they may lose Bridge/Church.

Could both sides decide just to do the Boss progression? Yeah, they could. It would take both sides doing that, because if only one side does - then the other side should stop sitting around with their thumbs up that yahoos at Bridge/Church and do something about it.

Is it a case that you are experiencing both sides doing the "instance race"...?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

@OP,

QFT. that would be PfP or maybe even Pk'ing

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Sez

"People are causing a problem, so fix your system."

Beep boop, does not compute.

Let people play how they want to play, quit trying to force your will upon them.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    It adds diversity and may require additional multitasking...which does not reduce PvP in the least.

Whether you are fighting the group at the Bridge/Church or you are fighting them at one of the Idols or at the Boss... you're still fighting them, right?

A team cannot simply take Bridge/Church and farm people - there may be others that are going an alternate route to win. Forces would have to be split. In doing so, they may lose Bridge/Church.

Could both sides decide just to do the Boss progression? Yeah, they could. It would take both sides doing that, because if only one side does - then the other side should stop sitting around with their thumbs up that yahoos at Bridge/Church and do something about it.

Is it a case that you are experiencing both sides doing the "instance race"...?
    That's just it, there is no fighting. I mean we're winning, but for the love of GOD, I want to fight.

Basically both sides split up, and race the other to the boss. There is no diversity, because both raids stay together, and don't engage each other, and if you try to do something else, and don't out DPS the other on the boss, you lose.

So you're stuck doing one, boring ars thing, over, and over, nad over.

I'll try to solo the other raid by myself next match though.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-02-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Topeka Photography

Champion of Telara

@OP,

Well no, it kinda does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    "People are causing a problem, so fix your system."

Beep boop, does not compute.

Let people play how they want to play, quit trying to force your will upon them.
    Get your servers back out of our Cluster, and you can PvE all you want. We want to PvP, and this cluster merge destroyed that for us.

Topeka Photography

That's just it, there is no fighting. I mean we're winning, but for the love of GOD, I want to fight.

Basically both sides split up, and race the other to the boss. There is no diversity, because both raids stay together, and don't engage each other, and if you try to do something else, and don't out DPS the other on the boss, you lose.

So you're stuck doing one, boring ars thing, over, and over, nad over.

I'll try to solo the other raid by myself next match though.
    lol. good luck with that, though you might find just the right moment to add some burst on their tank etc. or CC on the tank healer and wipe them, which would in turn wipe your raid, and force you guys to at least start the race over.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 02:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast