+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Trion going to revise these CC changes...?

Default Is Trion going to revise these CC changes...?

Because if they arnt CC has no purpose.

Whats the point of snare and root now? Every time i try to snare or root someone they are immune. These CC changes have made snares worthless. Snares have no right to be on a cool down. Roots maybe....and even then roots have no place. Snares and roots do not cause loss of control of avatar. You can still fight back. 2 and then immune is a joke. Have you seen how many spells have snares attached? So many AoE snares are attached to random spells that everyone becomes immune in 2 seconds.

More so almost everyone has 2 CC breaks. Break free + random class ability. So whats the point of having a 2 CC rule when pretty much everyone can break out of 2!? There is no tact in that logic. None. For this game to get tactical CC changes are in order.

If Trion is not going to revise this CC blunder I would hope they are at least revising all the spells with snares and roots attached, because they are worthless. Classes like Stormcaller and Dominator got hit way to hard with the CC nerf. Exceptions need to be made on a spell by spell basis if this rule is to stand. 100%. Otherwise change it. Which it probably easier.

Snare/roots No immunity. If you need snare/root immunity you are bad.

Stun/fear/loff of control needs to be bumped up to 3 before immunity.

Knockbacks should NOT BE ON DIMINISHING RETURNS THIS IS THE MOST ILLOGICAL THING IVE EVER SEEN. This must have been a joke. 2 knockbacks? Just like snares and roots you need to go back and revise spells if this is to stick.

Last patch has turned this game into a "who can frag who the fasted" with dispels, fulminate, hit and run marksman, ect. CC needs to be balanced again so we can actually have tactics again instead of who can kill who the fastest.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

Ascendant

Given that pre-patch Rift PvP was "Who can spam CC the hardest", I'd say this is a slight improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Given that pre-patch Rift PvP was "Who can spam CC the hardest", I'd say this is a slight improvement.
    Its a fine balance indeed, but right now its to far in the other direction.
    SixtwoSix

to the top!
    SixtwoSix

cc immunes are stupid. you should only get immunes on individual spells they shouldn't carry over to all CC spells. bad for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    cc immunes are stupid. you should only get immunes on individual spells they shouldn't carry over to all CC spells. bad for pvp
    Exactly. Who ever thought of snare/root and knockback need to be on an immunity timer has never played a PvP game before. Probably the dumbest change ive seen in Rift so far.

2 stuns/fear/what ever before immunity when people have 2-3 abilities that purge CC's. Its border line ******ed.
    SixtwoSix

Rift Disciple

A level 1 Mob can snare a level 50 better then a level 50 could snare another level 50. Trion is really screwing this game up bad with every new patch.

On a side note, Immunities are bad...Mmmkay? They should limit the roots and snares by cooldown timers, not by diminishing returns. The problem is solely due to the fact Trion allows players to spam those abilities.
    Last edited by crimsondrac; 06-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondrac View Post
    A level 1 Mob can snare a level 50 better then a level 50 could snare another level 50. Trion is really screwing this game up bad with every new patch.
    I have literally stopped trying to use snares on my stormcaller. They give us like 3 different snares, aoe, single target, roots. Literally all do nothing in a battle ground.

Whats the point in specing into a talent to make a root instant cast or not break when they wont land because everyone is IMMUNE. Who ever is responsible at Trion for this blunder they have made every Snare/root/knockback and talents attached to them USELESS. I seriously hope someone at Trion recognizes this because its clear as day. I love burning a 45-1 min cooldown for a root/snare when all i see is IMMUNE. At least make it refresh the cooldown if people are immune.
    Last edited by MicrowaveSeller; 06-03-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    SixtwoSix

Plane Touched

CC works 1000 times better now then pre-nerf. Learn to use your CC stratigically and not be a loser spam bot. If you didn't have shared immunities you could still put 5 or 6 straight CC on people if you kept using different ones. Don't you people understand that is why they consolidated CC immunities so people can't be cc'd by a million crowd control effects in a row? Even if you don't agree with the at least understand why they did it for pete's sakes. They didn't want the potential for a player to be crowd controlled lliterally 15-20 seconds out of every minuite to exist. As for classes being hurt by this the dominator class was a poor idea to begin with Trion needs to revamp the soul to be relevant the way CC works now. Going back to an awful CC fest is not the answer.

Revise them? Certainly. Probably several times over the life of the game.

Reverse them? Probably not.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I think they are fine just the way they are, if all you can do to combat someone is stand there and infinitely stun or silence them, then what kind of PvP'er are you. It is not fair to have to spend an entire warfront stunned or silenced and not cast ONE spell for an entire warfront...that's what's not fair. Not being able to even fight at all.

Plane Walker

CC has no place in PVP in the first place. They should just remove CC abilities vs. other players and be done with it. Then we can all enjoy the game a lot more.

Telaran

While I agree with a lot of what you're saying about snares/roots not being on the CC timer I think fears, stuns ect should stay the same.

Before the CC changes were here it was becoming impossible to heal against any premade with half a brain. Theyd just cycle their CC's and I couldn't do a thing! Like someone mentioned now I can use break free and get out of atleast one CC then if I get hit again I'm immune for a enough time to heal everyone.

Roots and snares are relatively harmless I think them being on the timer too is silly, i guess Trion got sick of seeing people spam snares...

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Kwll73 View Post
    CC works 1000 times better now then pre-nerf. Learn to use your CC stratigically and not be a loser spam bot. If you didn't have shared immunities you could still put 5 or 6 straight CC on people if you kept using different ones. Don't you people understand that is why they consolidated CC immunities so people can't be cc'd by a million crowd control effects in a row? Even if you don't agree with the at least understand why they did it for pete's sakes. They didn't want the potential for a player to be crowd controlled lliterally 15-20 seconds out of every minuite to exist. As for classes being hurt by this the dominator class was a poor idea to begin with Trion needs to revamp the soul to be relevant the way CC works now. Going back to an awful CC fest is not the answer.
    Typical response from someone whose main PvP strategy is "Spam this DPS macro". Certainly not someone who has ever tried using CC strategically, or he wouldn't be posting bs like this.
    How about some diminishing returns on damage, and learn to use your damage skills strategically!
    I'm so BORED

Shield of Telara

I tried to fear a healer today and he didn't move. What's the point of having the spell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast