+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Is Trion going to revise these CC changes...?

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    You don't spam it, use it only when needed, and it STILL only works 2/3 of the time? If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
    Oh no, my CC isn't 100% reliable now, let me cry about it.

I think it's fine, and have zero issues with it. So what if someone happens to be immune, once in awhile. I don't have to CC them to win, all the time. I LOVE it now because it takes thought, and you need to play smarter to win.

It's perfect.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

I really hope they address snares and Ideally remove them from DR. I play a warrior btw.

Its not that its necessarily hard to stay in melee range. Often it isn't, even without snares, but it means I am forced to spend Plat on performance insoles. It means If I get stunned or snared even for a second before I break I am out of melee range.

Often times there is no reason to even use snares in this game.

The ratio of application time to uptime got nerfed by over 70% in 1.2

This means that when I take the iniative to get into melee range, often capitalizing on a mistake or cocky decision by another player, I am not able to maintain that iniative at all. They are able to bunny hop back to their team 50 yards away.

This is dumb.

I have already lost two friends that quit RIFT because of the DR changes. They rightly saw them as dumbing the game down, lowering the skill cap, and making it less strategic. Both of them cancelled their subs shortly after 1.2 and most likely will not return.

I stuck it out, and it has gotten better since they lowered the timer. However, the snares are a sticking point for me. I really think it dumbs down the game, and really makes melee a lot less fun to play.

If this is not addressed I will be cancelling my SUB and rejoining my MMO buddies in EvE

You know, melee thought it was ok to have perma snares/roots, while being able to interrupt a casters casting, just by standing on top of them, inside the casters body. No melee understood the problem this caused for casters, so it's no suprise ranged classes are not supporting your need, or desires to have perma snares.

That said, if you can always remain in melee, what is the point of melee? You might as well have all ranged classes at that point. When someone is at range, you can duck out of LOS, but if someone is on you, in melee, you can't duck out of LOS, because it is insanely easy to follow you. With perma snares, you can't even move away from them.

You're wanting them to dumb the game down to make it easy for you, but requesting the old snaring system back, rather than enjoy the increased challenge they're giving you now. They didn't dumb the game down, they made it more challenging.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You know, melee thought it was ok to have perma snares/roots, while being able to interrupt a casters casting, just by standing on top of them, inside the casters body. No melee understood the problem this caused for casters, so it's no suprise ranged classes are not supporting your need, or desires to have perma snares.

That said, if you can always remain in melee, what is the point of melee? You might as well have all ranged classes at that point. When someone is at range, you can duck out of LOS, but if someone is on you, in melee, you can't duck out of LOS, because it is insanely easy to follow you. With perma snares, you can't even move away from them.

You're wanting them to dumb the game down to make it easy for you, but requesting the old snaring system back, rather than enjoy the increased challenge they're giving you now. They didn't dumb the game down, they made it more challenging.

First of all I played a caster in WoW and Have played a Mage in RIFT. I have never. I repeat NEVER had trouble casting on people that were in melee range walking through me and such. Turn with your mouse. Its a skill issue.

Basically I agree to disagree, snares do not dumb a game down they far and away increase the skill cap.

Furthermore, interupts are weak in this game, casters are not punished nearly enough for remaining in melee range. A huge part of strategy in the melee v. caster fight ideally should be fake casting and juking interupts. That is fun and skilfull.

Plane Touched

I've said what I want to say. The snare changes are a big deal to me and a big deal to many competitive PvPers.

Trion has already lost players from the issue. I know of two personally.

I will be joining them soon because I don't enjoy games with poor mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyRider View Post
    First of all I played a caster in WoW and Have played a Mage in RIFT. I have never. I repeat NEVER had trouble casting on people that were in melee range walking through me and such. Turn with your mouse. Its a skill issue.
    I also played a melee and proved beyond a doubt you could permanently interrupt any 1 second or longer cast time spell. Just because YOU couldn't do it, doesn't mean it wasn't possible.

Ironic you're still defending such a stupid mechanic, yet you're crying about the DR to snares now.

Basically I agree to disagree, snares do not dumb a game down they far and away increase the skill cap.
    You still have snares now, you just can't perma snare anyone. It makes it more challenging to you now, but that's why you're crying isn't it? You don't want the challenge, you want the game to be dumb downed again, THAT is the issue you're having.

Furthermore, interupts are weak in this game, casters are not punished nearly enough for remaining in melee range. A huge part of strategy in the melee v. caster fight ideally should be fake casting and juking interupts. That is fun and skilfull.
    Interrupts are extremely strong in this game, compared to other games. Casters don't have the time to fake cast, or juking interrupts, especially when some soles have a 2-2.5 second cast time on their most important spells. When I get into melee of a Mage, they die, well unless a Pyro one shots me, or a Warlock is fully charged up.

Topeka Photography

I've said what I want to say. The snare changes are a big deal to me and a big deal to many competitive PvPers.

Trion has already lost players from the issue. I know of two personally.

I will be joining them soon because I don't enjoy games with poor mechanics.
    I guess you found Rift too hard, and will be going back to WoW? Ironic though, you STILL think running through a caster to interrupt them, was a *good* game mechanic.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-04-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Topeka Photography

I guess you found Rift too hard, and will be going back to WoW? Ironic though, you STILL think running through a caster to interrupt them, was a *good* game mechanic.
    Sorry theres no pvp in WoW. But you can always try it when they change the CC to something you wont be able to handle without a game mechanic holding youre hand. Probably more youre speed anyway.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

Plane Touched

RIFT PvP is pathetically easy dude. I feel like I mastered by lvl 30. I haven't played WoW in years becuase they dumbed it down too much for me. I play EvE.

On the casters standing on you. I more felt like it SHOULD be that way. IE you can still get casts off as a melee comes running at you with good turning, but its the mark of a bad to try and use a long cast spell with someone on top of you.

I believe casters should be at a disadvantage in melee range. It should be very very hard for them to use long cast spells. There are so many instants in this game and abilties like doubletap its almost a non issue.

After a bullrush I get a 4 second snare before they go immune. Thats really effective use of GCD. Its not about perma snare, the break free 5 seconds immunity prevents that as well as all the other snare immune abilties. Its about snaring at all. Leg Sweet is hardly even worth using because of its pathetic application time to up time ratio post 1.2

I also feel like the lack of snares makes the game much more zergy than it would otherwise be.

Its very very hard to trap someone away from their team, they just go immune and run back.

GG you trolled me into responding again.

Im going to work

peace

I'm still waiting for Trion to implement the 1.2 changes again.

Was nice for a few hours there before they broke it with the first hotfix after the patch...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Sorry theres no pvp in WoW. But you can always try it when they change the CC to something you wont be able to handle without a game mechanic holding youre hand. Probably more youre speed anyway.
    How in the hell will I not be able to handle it, as a Dominator? You're not exactly the brightest candle in the box, are you?

Topeka Photography

RIFT PvP is pathetically easy dude.
    EXACTLY! So why are you crying?

On the casters standing on you. I more felt like it SHOULD be that way. IE you can still get casts off as a melee comes running at you with good turning, but its the mark of a bad to try and use a long cast spell with someone on top of you.
    You seriously thought running through someone was a good game mechanic? You just lost all credibility, if you ever had any. Any other PvP game worth mentioning has collision detection, and you would have to RUN AROUND a player to get to their back.

I shouldn't even NEED to comment on how horrible a game mechanic it is, to run through someones toon. Get out of here with this epic nonsense.

I believe casters should be at a disadvantage in melee range. It should be very very hard for them to use long cast spells. There are so many instants in this game and abilties like doubletap its almost a non issue.
    Yet some souls have 1 instant attack ability, that is on a long reuse timer. But of course, you want melee to be extremely easy mode, got it. I think when melee are moving, they have a 60% miss chance, because a good fighter, or martial artist needs a solid stance to deliver effective strikes. So you've got a deal, if they implement that.

After a bullrush I get a 4 second snare before they go immune. Thats really effective use of GCD. Its not about perma snare, the break free 5 seconds immunity prevents that as well as all the other snare immune abilties. Its about snaring at all. Leg Sweet is hardly even worth using because of its pathetic application time to up time ratio post 1.2
    I don't use my pawns in Chess either, because they have an extremely limited form of movement. I understand where you're coming from. Really I do.

I also feel like the lack of snares makes the game much more zergy than it would otherwise be.
    Snares have ZERO to do with zerging. You might want to call the gas company to come test your house, because you're breathing fumes you shouldn't be breathing.

Its very very hard to trap someone away from their team, they just go immune and run back.
    You mean this is a group game? Get out of here. O.O

Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

CC needs a bump now IMO. It isn't useless but some changes would make PvP better.

=> 3 categories. Separate {roots, snares, war pulls} into their own grp

=> lower time completely immune by 1/4 or 1/3 (so 20-24 second immunity)

CC is still effective, especially in long fights. But when dps is high and healing low, CC seems near worthless since all PvPers have Break Free.

What I'd like to see is the above sduggestions as well as more steps to increased CC effectiveness but add in abilities for groupmates to break CC or add in potions that one can use to break CC (same cool down as heal pots). I prefer counters to nerfs since it keeps the game more strategic/tactical. Rift has taken quite big steps towards classes with high dps and heals being optimal. That makes for really simpleminded play which I won't stick around for.

Plane Touched

First let me start by saying I am very impressed with your reasoning. You obviously took the time to consider my arguments and refute them logically.

EXACTLY! So why are you crying?
    I wasn't aware I was crying. In fact, I thought I was contributing to a thread about adjusting CC, specifically snares.

You seriously thought running through someone was a good game mechanic? You just lost all credibility, if you ever had any. Any other PvP game worth mentioning has collision detection, and you would have to RUN AROUND a player to get to their back.
    Right. I lose all credibility because I don't have a problem with a game mechanic you apparently dislike. We all have soooo much credibility on the forums, whatever will I do without it.

And really? Name 1. I think this is a point of which you will not convince me.

I shouldn't even NEED to comment on how horrible a game mechanic it is, to run through someones toon. Get out of here with this epic nonsense.
    Well apparently you do since you brought it up in the first place. It never bothered me.

Furthermore, taken from the 1.1 patch notes and I quote:

"* PvP Combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast they will still land if a target moves behind you while casting is in progress."

Yet some souls have 1 instant attack ability, that is on a long reuse timer. But of course, you want melee to be extremely easy mode, got it. I think when melee are moving, they have a 60% miss chance, because a good fighter, or martial artist needs a solid stance to deliver effective strikes. So you've got a deal, if they implement that.
    So maybe those specs won't be good for pvp. Breaking news folks, not all specs are good for PvP.

I don't want melee to be "extremely easy mode." I want it to be strategic and fun. If anything I would like the complexity and strategic nature of PvP bumped up a notch. If you read any of my previous posts I specifically say I feel the changes have dumbed down the game, AKA made it easy mode which I consider a bad change.

I don't use my pawns in Chess either, because they have an extremely limited form of movement. I understand where you're coming from. Really I do.
    ...this doesn't even deserve a response.

Snares have ZERO to do with zerging. You might want to call the gas company to come test your house, because you're breathing fumes you shouldn't be breathing.

Right. Well since you have so clearly refuted my argument... Please enlighten us as to why this game is a zergfest? I would love to hear your considered opinion. I am sure you have a real good argument.

You mean this is a group game? Get out of here. O.O
    There is a difference between skirmishes and zergs. This game features more of the latter and less of the former than I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Actually i come from real pvp games where i dont need watered down rules to hold my hand when i pvp.

The biggest problem with these CC changes is that they make spells useless. Try playing a caster and you will understand. As a rogue I didnt mind much, in fact I love the 2 immunity rule. Makes killing people that much easier. Who wouldnt love that?

As a caster you can see the flaw plain as day. Want to know why you have so many pyros running around? Because there is no CC. Its a "who can kill who the fastest fest."

The majority of other caster spells have roots/knockbacks/snares attached to them. They make you spend 5 talents to make the spell instant cast or not break on damage. But this doesnt matter because they simply wont land. Not because you didnt rotate CC properly, but because someone on youre team came in and hit everyone with an AOE like hailstorm that snares everyone per hit, so they literally become immune in 2 seconds.

Its a joke really. Ever hear of the class called Dominator? Yea it got dominated by these new CC changes. A whole class based on CC that isnt used anymore. That should be a huge indicator of something is wrong.

If these changes are to stay they need to sit down and go through each spell with a crowd control effect attached and change it or make them an exception to the CC rule. I can understand a pure root/snare/ or knockback needing to be on a CC.

However there are spells that do damage that are making the "pure" spells Immune. That is the major problem with these new CC changes. If you cant see the logic in that, then read some books and go back to school.
    Totally Agreed!
    Now another Solution to this is :
    -Instant Recharge of CC Spells or It could not be cast at a target that have already have 2 CCs untill the end of immunity. As 15secs DR already count as Cooldown from anyone that's CC'ed.
    -Display a white/green/pink wotever orb on the target or something so we know the target is on Immunity.

Dominators are the most awesome class to play. Need em to control the match so that ALL wont go All OUT DPS VS HEALINGS which are pretty lame kinda game at this point of time. And about pre-made teams of CCs well not to worry bout that, as too much CCs wont adds up to the damage output now due the previous patch anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4