+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Is Trion going to revise these CC changes...?

  1. #31
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    There should be some kind of DR-like mechanic for boosts too.. because whitefall is ******ed when someone is immune to CC while using :

    blue ball speed buff

    run 70% faster for x seconds

    jump forward 20 meters

    another blue ball speed buff

    jump forward 20 meters again


    And you cant even catch him on your 110% mount

  2. #32
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    I play both rogue and caster. I know how to play, and knockbacks are not a big deal. You must really be bad to be scared of knockbacks.
    Knock backs must be the only viable source of CC you can comprehend, isn't that why you want no DR on them?

    Stop acting like you're trying to make things better when, in the end, you're just QQing and trying to get the Creators to swing things in the favor of your class. Clearly that is a great option and the best way to fix things.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  3. #33
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    There should be some kind of DR-like mechanic for boosts too.. because whitefall is ******ed when someone is immune to CC while using :

    blue ball speed buff

    run 70% faster for x seconds

    jump forward 20 meters

    another blue ball speed buff

    jump forward 20 meters again


    And you cant even catch him on your 110% mount
    Forgive my posting frenzy... I have a really simple answer for you or rather a question: Why don't you just take the blue ball as soon as you see it, be it in your base or midfield, to stop the guy you're QQing about from getting it? Or is it only OK when your team gets it and your team mate can do exactly what you're QQing about?

    - Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 06-04-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  4. #34
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    The reason people become immune so quick is because everyone on your team is spamming their stuns and silences and knockbacks at the same time. Strategery (thanks bush,) involves the entire team, not just one person, so its best to save your CC for the best possible moment, much like i save my break free for the best possible moment.

    Its very difficult to get a bunch of solo pvpers out of the mindset that every warfront isn't just a bunch of random 1v1's, and until you do, you will constantly find yourself here, complaining about game mechanics that make you less of the God you assumed you were supposed to be.

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  5. #35
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Knock backs must be the only viable source of CC you can comprehend, isn't that why you want no DR on them?

    Stop acting like you're trying to make things better when, in the end, you're just QQing and trying to get the Creators to swing things in the favor of your class. Clearly that is a great option and the best way to fix things.

    - Vybz
    Actually i come from real pvp games where i dont need watered down rules to hold my hand when i pvp.

    The biggest problem with these CC changes is that they make spells useless. Try playing a caster and you will understand. As a rogue I didnt mind much, in fact I love the 2 immunity rule. Makes killing people that much easier. Who wouldnt love that?

    As a caster you can see the flaw plain as day. Want to know why you have so many pyros running around? Because there is no CC. Its a "who can kill who the fastest fest."

    The majority of other caster spells have roots/knockbacks/snares attached to them. They make you spend 5 talents to make the spell instant cast or not break on damage. But this doesnt matter because they simply wont land. Not because you didnt rotate CC properly, but because someone on youre team came in and hit everyone with an AOE like hailstorm that snares everyone per hit, so they literally become immune in 2 seconds.

    Its a joke really. Ever hear of the class called Dominator? Yea it got dominated by these new CC changes. A whole class based on CC that isnt used anymore. That should be a huge indicator of something is wrong.

    If these changes are to stay they need to sit down and go through each spell with a crowd control effect attached and change it or make them an exception to the CC rule. I can understand a pure root/snare/ or knockback needing to be on a CC.

    However there are spells that do damage that are making the "pure" spells Immune. That is the major problem with these new CC changes. If you cant see the logic in that, then read some books and go back to school.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  6. #36
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Actually i come from real pvp games where i dont need watered down rules to hold my hand when i pvp.
    I stopped there, as I'm sure the Creators did before they finished reading your post. The simple answer? Save your money and go back to those "real pvp" games. Leave Rift to the rest of us who actually enjoy playing it for what it is right now.

    Were/are certain class/soul combos OP? Absolutely. But changes were made and changes still are being made I'm happy with what's been done so far. So I'm going to keep paying.

    So you can't keep someone chain CCed anymore, do you feel that's taking away from your skills? If then answer was yes, then you still need to "L2P."

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  7. #37
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    "If these changes are to stay they need to sit down and go through each spell with a crowd control effect attached and change it or make them an exception to the CC rule. I can understand a pure root/snare/ or knockback needing to be on a CC"

    I'd agree with that. And perhaps they will.

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  8. #38
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The CC spells I use are perfectly fine, and work 2 out of 3 times. BUT I do not spam my CC, and use it when it is needed, not as a crutch.

    The ONLY class that should be complaining are Dominators, who primary role is to CC.
    You don't spam it, use it only when needed, and it STILL only works 2/3 of the time? If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
    I'm so BORED

  9. #39
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I stopped there, as I'm sure the Creators did before they finished reading your post. The simple answer? Save your money and go back to those "real pvp" games. Leave Rift to the rest of us who actually enjoy playing it for what it is right now.

    Were/are certain class/soul combos OP? Absolutely. But changes were made and changes still are being made I'm happy with what's been done so far. So I'm going to keep paying.

    So you can't keep someone chain CCed anymore, do you feel that's taking away from your skills? If then answer was yes, then you still need to "L2P."

    - Vybz
    Obviously dont read very well. Try reading the post then get back to me. Your post is nothing more than:
    "
    Im a rogue and i enjoy the 2 CC immunity rule because im 100% immune from CC's the entire time while i spam my bow."

    Stop being bad and try reading the post.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  10. #40
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    You don't spam it, use it only when needed, and it STILL only works 2/3 of the time? If that's not broken, I don't know what is.
    Exactly. All these carebears keep coming here talking about spamming CC's. I dont even use them anymore lol. I hit them from time to time and laugh when i see "IMMUNE" pop up because they are already immune to everything.

    When CC comes back a few of these posters here are going to ragequit.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  11. #41
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Obviously dont read very well. Try reading the post then get back to me. Your post is nothing more than:
    "
    Im a rogue and i enjoy the 2 CC immunity rule because im 100% immune from CC's the entire time while i spam my bow."

    Stop being bad and try reading the post.
    CC in it's current state is fine. I've been a Rogue since launch and I'm one right now; Bard. What is your point? If you only use Cleanse Soul when you're worried about CC then you're a far dumber player/Rogue than I gave you credit for.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  12. #42
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post

    When CC comes back a few of these posters here are going to ragequit.
    If/When this change does happen, I'll still be that Bard Mezzing your entire team because guess what? Because of what you wanted, you made my CC OP again. Thanks in advance!

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  13. #43
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    CC in it's current state is fine. I've been a Rogue since launch and I'm one right now; Bard. What is your point? If you only use Cleanse Soul when you're worried about CC then you're a far dumber player/Rogue than I gave you credit for.

    - Vybz
    Thats youre opinion and as a rogue I would agree. A rogue only need 2 stuns in a fight to win. As any other class that uses CC its not a good rule.

    Dominator. That entire class is now obsolete because of these CC changes. How would you like it if suddenly they decided to change Bard Cadence to single target heal only? it would destroy the class.

    Thats what these changes have done to many class's and their abilities. They render them useless. When you have a 5 point talented PURE ROOT that has no damage and a 45 sec cooldown fail because someone is immune after they have been snared twice by some random AOE like sab/stormcaller, it leaves you feeling cheated. At the very least they could make abilities like this refresh and not go on cooldown.

    So it appears you have a one track mind and a very biased and unfair one at that. Im trying to make things fair again for all. I sit on both sides of the fence on this issue. As a rogue i love it, as a caster its dumb.
    Last edited by MicrowaveSeller; 06-04-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  14. #44
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Thats youre opinion and as a rogue I would agree. A rogue only need 2 stuns in a fight to win. As any other class that uses CC its not a good rule.

    Dominator. That entire class is now obsolete because of these CC changes. How would you like it if suddenly they decided to change Bard Cadence to single target heal only? it would destroy the class.

    Thats what these changes have done to many class's and their abilities. They render them useless. When you have a 5 point talented PURE ROOT that has no damage and a 45 sec cooldown fail because someone is immune after they have been snared twice by some random AOE like sab/stormcaller, it leaves you feeling cheated. At the very least they could make abilities like this refresh and not go on cooldown.

    So it appears you have a one track mind and a very biased and unfair one at that. Im trying to make things fair again for all. I sit on both sides of the fence on this issue. As a rogue i love it, as a caster its dumb.
    Basically what you want is the old CC war pre 1.2. It wasn't fun then and it wouldn't be fun now. So your CC didn't work big deal, press another key. Oh all your major CDs are on CD? Damn, welcome to every other class.

    As the casters used to tell us Rogues before, switch to another Soul and move on. If you're so under geared that you die to a Sin in 2 stuns, then you're the problem not the other guy. Why didn't you break free? Oh it was on CD? Damn, you can't have all CDs up all the time to survive everyone, now can you?

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  15. #45
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Exactly. All these carebears keep coming here talking about spamming CC's. I dont even use them anymore lol. I hit them from time to time and laugh when i see "IMMUNE" pop up because they are already immune to everything.
    Now you're lying. You really have no idea how the CC works now, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    When CC comes back a few of these posters here are going to ragequit.
    Nope, I'll run a full 51 Dominator - 15 Chloro build that will make your rage quit. You have no idea how stupid it was to permanently lock someone down pre 1.2, and they could never do anything. Wait, you do, because now you've got to fight, with a risk of losing. you're in tears.

    Get over it. CC is still here, you just have to be smart with how you use it. I see your problem though.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts