+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Gank Bait" build...

Default "Gank Bait" build...

I'd love to create a build for Open World PvP that attracts gankers, who are surprised to find they get their ***** handed to them if they attack you solo when you have close to full health. (I figure there's not much you can do if they shoot you in the back when you are almost dead anyway after just completing a fight with a tough mob.)

Is it possible? The idea is that you would "look" like easy prey. Maybe carry a "decoy" weapon that makes them think you are a weak class, then switch instantly to your main weapon, pop a CD that they wouldn't expect you to have, and proceed to take the ganker down.

It would be so satisfying...

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jural; 06-02-2011 at 12:52 PM.

just run whatever, and key board turn, back pedal etc, put up a grand fascade. We already have wardrobe tab to hide our gear, so go get a sun dress to prance around in while hamming it up. maybe die a few times to silly mob pulls where you know someone is hunting just to show them how bad you can be.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

if the ganker is a pro like me ..it will hard to survive

Just hide your high ranking PVP gear with your wardrobe, and put up a silly title. Bam! ;)
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Just hide your high ranking PVP gear with your wardrobe, and put up a silly title. Bam! ;)
    Actually, no title is better than a silly title. It gives you more of a "noob" appearance.

But the "hide your persona" only lasts for so long...eventually people just run long distances to go around you - if they can see you ;) or make a group to hunt you down.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    if the ganker is a pro like me ..it will hard to survive
    Well, do you have the typical 31-pt Assassin so you can run away 100% of the time with no chance of getting caught?

If you are trying to gank me, Cyborg, it will be hard for you to survive...unless you have the 100% run-away card so you can escape.

Of course, running away counts as a loss...right?
    Last edited by Jural; 06-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

I would suggest dressing like a mage. Were like a juciy steak, the gazzelle at the watering hole if you will. Oh and summon a cute looking pet so you look like a carebear.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    I would suggest dressing like a mage. Were like a juciy steak, the gazzelle at the watering hole if you will. Oh and summon a cute looking pet so you look like a carebear.
    Yes, a pet is a great idea, along with a stylish wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    I find that chain short skirt and the "leggings-less" leggings work quite well as bait dress for my female dwarf.

Especially with a rift/pally/VK melee killer build. And Runaway doesn't quite work if buff stripped..that's what the VK is for. Then Rift Summon right into an elite. I know I will survive. He won't. You know those elite golems along the Stillmoor walls ? Perfect elite to pull a ganker into as I solo those without trouble.

Best of all it's gonna cost him coin to pay off that stat loss to the healer.

I find it funny how someone thinks their tough as nails but floods the forums with QQ threads about PvP balance.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post
    I find it funny how someone thinks their tough as nails but floods the forums with QQ threads about PvP balance.

Just sayin.
    pvp balance should be the goal of anyone interested in the longevity of the game, as pvp brings life to an otherwise scripted world, no reason for the pvp to be scripted by bad balance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    Well, do you have the typical 31-pt Assassin so you can run away 100% of the time with no chance of getting caught?

If you are trying to gank me, Cyborg, it will be hard for you to survive...unless you have the 100% run-away card so you can escape.

Of course, running away counts as a loss...right?
    31 in sin is for another open burst ,but u nub not know this .Such a waste for an elite fighter like me to talk with such a weak creature..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.

[QUOTE=Cyborg;2537053...Such a waste for an elite fighter like me to talk with such a weak creature..[/QUOTE]

LOL!

OK, buddy. Too bad we are on different servers and will never meet in battle.
    Last edited by Jural; 06-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.

I think a lot of people gank mana bars. And Justicar made a hard target. I'm sure the 0 point druid pet screams noob as well.

And I admit to running around with "Novice Forager".

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    Slip Away only has 2 s immunity to dots/bleeds. I will say, 99% of the time, a 31 point sin is still going to pop back out of stealth 2 s later, and a 31 sin choose only 31 points not to use Slip Away as an escape mechanism, but to use Slip Away to get two stealth openers on a target to burn it down.

Now...the skill you're really looking at is a 40 point skill: Hidden Veil. This lets Sins actually get away with Slip Away.

I know, you're probably easily confused as you perhaps refuse to try playing all classes to gain a better understanding of how to smack them all around, and it doesn't help that so many sins are 51 points in, so I can see why you seem to think it's the "31-pt" ability that is making you cry.

Anyways, to get back on topic, make the ugliest female character you can. Dye your wardrobe in outrageous colors. Pink, purple, green, etc. Try to not use any dye color more than once; primary or secondary.

Stand where you want to be gank bait.

Using "say", type out explicit messages as if you are "cybering" someone. Use your imagination. At some point, proclaim you'll be right back, because you jizzed yourself.

Pray that there was actually someone near you; this can be the most difficult part, since everyone just sits in Meridian/Sanctum all day, and can easily ruin any effort you may put into being gank bait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast