+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift PVP almost there with the exception of two things:

Plane Touched

Default Rift PVP almost there with the exception of two things:

1)AoE damage is too powerful. It basically hits as hard as single target attacks in a lot of cases and it generally has the same range as normal attacks. Where is the downside exactly? How in the world is it remotely balanced to be able to do massive damage to multiple people from the safety of range?

2)Spike damage is too high. How can you justify having crits in the 2-3k range happening all the time in a game where the average player has like 4000-5000 hit points. People get globalled all the time in this game. One minute full health 2 seconds later despite only being attacked by one or two players at most boom dead. That is not a fun game play element the old one and two shot.

Take care of these two things and then we would be in business from a balance perspective at least.

Agreed, but the big question is how to fix those things without either impacting PVE or making certain neigh invulnerable (when geared) classes fully immortal.

This may be short sighted, but I think the first step is to give AoE a hard target limit in PVP. It can do the same damage, just to less people at a time.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Telaran

If you nerf the burst damage, then you have to nerf the heals, increase pot CD time, reduce armor (Especially plate), and get rid of or reduce damage reduction talents significantly. Otherwise nobody will ever die and games will be boring as ****.

Shadowlander

i think you are way off base all they need is rvr or open world pvp objectives and everything will fall in place. r6's dont get 1 shotted all classes have viable options for survivability if you choose you will just have to sacrifice some of that burst you are talking about. Any experienced pvper knows if your team is standing in a big group they are going to get pummeled by aoe (hence port scion and black garden) aoe isnt all that effective in whitefall or codex because people spread out more. there are ways around thse problems you are experiencing you just have to work at it a little. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Killacam View Post
    i think you are way off base all they need is rvr or open world pvp objectives and everything will fall in place. r6's dont get 1 shotted all classes have viable options for survivability if you choose you will just have to sacrifice some of that burst you are talking about.
    I'm sorry, but RVR is not the "magic button" that will turn all these forum frowns upside down (haha, been a long day at work).

How about this- leave the damage and healing the same, just drastically increase the endurance on PVP gear only. The PVE/PR5-6 geared "giant fireball of doom" for 5k won't hurt as bad with 12k HP than it does with 6k HP, yes?
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Prophet of Telara

I agree with #1. As a ranger for example, trick shot hits 5 targets for nearly as hard as normal attacks hit one. AoE hits more targets and should do LESS damage to each of them.

I disagree with #2. Heals are OP in their current state. Most clerics generally seems to win WF's already, and making it harder to kill them will only make it worse.

+ Reply to Thread