+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Devs - Was ANY thought at all put into which wargroups you merged?

Prophet of Telara

Default @Devs - Was ANY thought at all put into which wargroups you merged?

Because I gotta say, it sure doesn't seem like it. On our 3 shard Wargroup, Defiants won probably 2/3's of the time. Early in the day they had pre-mades that ran constantly, and also later at night. In the middle of the day we had a few premades that ran, and that was when we won. The biggest problem our side generally had is that they always had 2-3x more Clerics and 2x more Warriors...on top of our Warriors being horrid compared to theirs. All in all, Defiant dominated Wargroup.

So today I log in, and there are three new shards in here with us. A lot more good Defiant players, more Clerics/Warriors, etc etc, and we still rarely have more than a single Cleric on a 15-man team, and no Warriors. Just a bunch of crappy Rogues and Mages who missed the OP train. We've won 2 WF's in the past 4 hours. What gives?

They didn't merge wfs to give factions balance, they merged them so you didn't wait as long in queue.

They are working on adjusting the system to make premades go up against other premades, but that hasn't been released yet.

Ascendant

what thought would there have been?

They made US servers play with other US servers, if that counts.

Rift Disciple

EDIT:
    ...The biggest problem our side generally had is that they always had 2-3x more Clerics and 2x more Warriors...on top of our Warriors being horrid compared to theirs...

So today I log in, and there are three new shards in here with us.... and we still rarely have more than a single Cleric on a 15-man team, and no Warriors. Just a bunch of crappy Rogues and Mages who missed the OP train....

What gives?
    Actually, from your own description -- and no disrespect intended -- it sounds like your server just sucks...

I don't think Trion has a capability of matching up bad servers with other bad servers.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Because I gotta say, it sure doesn't seem like it. On our 3 shard Wargroup, Defiants won probably 2/3's of the time. Early in the day they had pre-mades that ran constantly, and also later at night. In the middle of the day we had a few premades that ran, and that was when we won. The biggest problem our side generally had is that they always had 2-3x more Clerics and 2x more Warriors...on top of our Warriors being horrid compared to theirs. All in all, Defiant dominated Wargroup.

So today I log in, and there are three new shards in here with us. A lot more good Defiant players, more Clerics/Warriors, etc etc, and we still rarely have more than a single Cleric on a 15-man team, and no Warriors. Just a bunch of crappy Rogues and Mages who missed the OP train. We've won 2 WF's in the past 4 hours. What gives?
    How is Trion responsible for the way people play?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    what thought would there have been?

They made US servers play with other US servers, if that counts.
    Well, they should be tracking how often Defiants and Guardians win on each cluster for example. Defiant dominated groups should have been merged with Guardian dominant groups. Maybe that's too logical, because they seem to have done the opposite.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    EDIT:

Actually, from your own description -- and no disrespect intended -- it sounds like your server just sucks...

I don't think Trion has a capability of matching up bad servers with other bad servers.
    Guardians on our Wargroup did suck, that is my point. We have like 10 good players total, who don't play half as often as theirs. Why merge us with another group where Guardians suck?

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Well, they should be tracking how often Defiants and Guardians win on each cluster for example. Defiant dominated groups should have been merged with Guardian dominant groups. Maybe that's too logical, because they seem to have done the opposite.
    Different playtimes cause different results, so do different days of the week. So do they balance it on weekend results, or weekdays? Do we look at evening scores or daytime?

If you just average it all together you could balance the daytime players but screw the night ones.

Oh and theres this thing called **** luck, get familiar with it.

Guardians win 90% of the time on my cluster, maybe you should reroll there (it's the asphodel/galena/rasmolov one, though now they added 3 others).

However Trion really cannot be expected to adjust warfronts for faction balance. They never said that was the reason for combining warfront shards anyway.

Deepstrike got merged with some horrible Guardians from other servers, and I do mean green geared horrible. What's worse, is I think we got PvE servers put in with our PvP servers because these guys have no idea how to PvP, at all.

It's bad, really bad. It was one thing to carry Rank 2-3 players, it's another to try and carry Rank 1 players in green gear, against other premades, especially when the other side gets all PvP players, and we get PvE players.

Man, until today I would have never thought it could get this bad.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Deepstrike got merged with some horrible Guardians from other servers, and I do mean green geared horrible. What's worse, is I think we got PvE servers put in with our PvP servers because these guys have no idea how to PvP, at all.

It's bad, really bad. It was one thing to carry Rank 2-3 players, it's another to try and carry Rank 1 players in green gear, against other premades, especially when the other side gets all PvP players, and we get PvE players.

Man, until today I would have never thought it could get this bad.
    No doubt, Port Scion is totally screwed for us now, its port PVE, you can STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR RAID and they won't even fking attack you, you might die from random aoe's....

Get the PVE carebears off the BG!
    I'm Power Gaming, how about you?

It's stupid, all they do is rush the boss, no PvP fights. They need to remove the mobs out of Port Scion.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Prophet of Telara

Agreed - putting PvE servers on Wargroups with PvP servers was a silly idea. That should have been obvious from the beginning...

Well Regulos on top of being forced to play with one Pve-RP server got slapped with another one today. But we did pick up faemist as our second pvp shard of the group :/.. so 2 pvp shards and 6 pve. Makes sense

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Mixing shard types in Warfront clusters was an intentional decision that was made during launch to avoid edge cases when giving everyone a healthy player pool to match make out of.

Cluster expansion was done by physical server locality. Our top priority was to get this change out the door with a minimal interruption of service. With impending realignment of the population comming soon via free server transfers, it makes sense to see how that shakes out before we consider moving around shard databases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast