+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First time i have ever noticed this......(about jumping)

Rift Chaser

Default First time i have ever noticed this......(about jumping)

I was cruising through my empty server <sarcasm> trying desparately to find some guardian to PVP. Well I had given up all hope when I stumbled upon this lone guardian questing in Draughtlands. So I engaged him and of course like all bunny hopping fools do, he started bunny hopping continuously as he was trying to get away from me.

What I saw, and something I had never noticed before, was that every time he would jump and his character was in the air, my red targeting icon would disappear and when he touched the ground it light back up again.
    Now I don't know if this is intended by Trion or not, but this seems like a complete exploit to me.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Are you sure it's not similar to a shadow effect (like your shadow displacing on the ground when you jump)?

Does the jumper cease to appear as a target? Can you still swing or cast at them?

I don't remember anything exploitative about, just that it's a moronic tactic and annoying.

jumping wont affect the fight ,is just for some melee u can not hit because his make round near u and jump ..

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnak View Post
    Are you sure it's not similar to a shadow effect (like your shadow displacing on the ground when you jump)?

Does the jumper cease to appear as a target? Can you still swing or cast at them?

I don't remember anything exploitative about, just that it's a moronic tactic and annoying.
    No it puts you outa meele range.....

What's gonna be funny about this is that every good pvp'er knows the fix for this, but I waiting to see if Trion is even capable of fixing this is going to be delicious.

You just now noticed this? Your server truly is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    You just now noticed this? Your server truly is dead.
    Quoted for truth

Telaran

Notice how they smoothed out the codex so you don't have to jump to get to the top of the mountain? Something to do with jumping changes? Doubt it but it did occur to me.

I've never noticed what the op is saying either but the solution is simple. Just increase the range a little, if they're out of range in the air and in range on the ground it's the only fix. I'm kinda thinking with cc changes they might need to do this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MFvALE View Post
    Just increase the range a little, if they're out of range in the air and in range on the ground it's the only fix. I'm kinda thinking with cc changes they might need to do this anyway.
    Wrong, and you are a bad pvp'er. This is the exact same solution I anticipate they will implement, and they will be wrong in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    Wrong, and you are a bad pvp'er. This is the exact same solution I anticipate they will implement, and they will be wrong in doing so.
    remove jumping in warfronts?

LOL *ducks*

WTB the above item .... mine broke

There are certain people that this happens with - regardless of if they are on the ground or jumping, moving or standing still, what have you. It will either interrupt a cast or prevent you from starting a cast. They are targeted one moment - then they are not - then they are again without having to reselect them as a target.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    There are certain people that this happens with - regardless of if they are on the ground or jumping, moving or standing still, what have you. It will either interrupt a cast or prevent you from starting a cast. They are targeted one moment - then they are not - then they are again without having to reselect them as a target.
    You must be talking casters here, can't comment as i don't have a caster. All my toons are melee and i have never had a problem hitting a bunny hopper, its annoying and makes them look realy stupid but they die just as fast as if they where stood still.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Shadowlander

Like I said before, don't ban jumping, just make it where if it's done to excess, it uses stamina and brings run speed to zero, so it's an easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    remove jumping in warfronts?

LOL *ducks*
    o... lawd

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Churchland View Post
    Like I said before, don't ban jumping, just make it where if it's done to excess, it uses stamina and brings run speed to zero, so it's an easy kill.
    And don't forget to add in that swinging a 2H weapon to excess should use stamina and cause the wielder to end up leaning on it while trying to catch their breath...

...players can run for hours without tiring - fight forever without tiring - etc, etc, etc.

Instead of adding something that does not make sense in regard to the rest of the game, Trion should address if there is an actual bug that is causing the issue or address the geometry being used to determine range in such a situation.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast