+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disable Cross-Faction chat in WF's.

Default Disable Cross-Faction chat in WF's.

Trion, you have to disable cross faction chat in Warfronts.

It is bad enough getting rolled by pre-mades with their inferior gameplay but superior gear, but now i have to read their **** talking in shouts?

I have even fell victim of getting worked up and killing a particular loud mouth in said pre-mades only to get worked into a shouting match of how bad eachother are and l2p ect ect..

This one player even had a macro for one of his finishing abilities that read something like this

[moron] shouts "blah blah blah Player@server is eating my DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" which im sure will be censored by the forums.

Im all for a bit of smack talk, but our player base is far to immature to handle it.

Really, in a warfront where players are put head to head, nothing constructive will ever be said to the opposite faction.

You want to remove the DRAMA from my WFs!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Just put the non-funny ones in ignore list, and enjoy the rest.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Trion, you have to disable cross faction chat in Warfronts.

It is bad enough getting rolled by pre-mades with their inferior gameplay but superior gear, but now i have to read their **** talking in shouts?

I have even fell victim of getting worked up and killing a particular loud mouth in said pre-mades only to get worked into a shouting match of how bad eachother are and l2p ect ect..

This one player even had a macro for one of his finishing abilities that read something like this

[moron] shouts "blah blah blah Player@server is eating my DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" which im sure will be censored by the forums.

Im all for a bit of smack talk, but our player base is far to immature to handle it.

Really, in a warfront where players are put head to head, nothing constructive will ever be said to the opposite faction.
    Please no!

If you don't like it, just ignore it, ignore the people, or leave the chat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Please no!

If you don't like it, just ignore it, ignore the people, or leave the chat channel.
    Leave the Say or Shout channel?

Im talking about Gaurdian's shouting @ Defiants and vice-versa.

Shield of Telara

Oh please, I see more trash talking within my own /wf chat than I do from the guardians.

Just use /ignore like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    Oh please, I see more trash talking within my own /wf chat than I do from the guardians.

Just use /ignore like everyone else.
    How about we just disable cross-faction (NOT CROSS SERVER) chat like i asked.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Auden; 06-02-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Actual taunting is also part of combat, as annoying as it may be. If you can't take the heat, get out of the boliing pit of face-melting lava.

Shield of Telara

Problem solved.
    Did you just see what I said? I see MORE trash talking within my own faction...

How does disabling cross faction fix anything at all in that case?
    Last edited by Stevoli; 06-02-2011 at 08:40 AM.

/ignore is a powerful command young one use it well

go forth and prosper

Quote Originally Posted by Tisch View Post

go forth and prosper
    Oh yeah, you can just do that too, heck I've done that, works miracles.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tisch View Post

go forth and prosper
    Exactly.

I love the ability to talk cross-faction, and have made some friends on the other side. I also love my /ignore command and use it liberally.

Soulwalker

I have to admit it took some getting used to with the opposite faction chatting, however, it no longer bothers me.

What I would like to see is a way to better differeniate between factions in chat. Many times there will be a big brawl with many from both factions and you'll see people talking in say like "HEAL ME" or "GET THIS ELITE OFF OF ME" or whatever it may be. I have a very hard time telling who is chatting what that I often dont' pay attention anymore. I'm busy healing so looking through raid panes for name matches takes too much time to determine if it's someone on my side or the other side yapping.

I have gotten to know some of the more chattier ones now and know which side they are on etc, but in general there really should be a more defined way of determining who is chatting. Perhaps adding DEFIANT or GUARDIAN or just the letters D or G as part of their name. Zyrush@Asphodel (D) yells "...." something.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Zyrush; 06-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Plane Touched

I like it the way it is, some of the best fun I have in games is reading the childish messages from both sides, Its as funny as southpark at times.

All heals on me!!!!!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrush View Post
    What I would like to see is a way to better differeniate between factions in chat. Many times there will be a big brawl with many from both factions and you'll see people talking in say like "HEAL ME" or "GET THIS ELITE OFF OF ME" or whatever it may be. I have a very hard time telling who is chatting what that I often dont' pay attention anymore. I'm busy healing so looking through raid panes for name matches takes too much time to determine if it's someone on my side or the other side yapping.

I have gotten to know some of the more chattier ones now and know which side they are on etc, but in general there really should be a more defined way of determining who is chatting. Perhaps adding DEFIANT or GUARDIAN or just the letters D or G as part of their name. Zyrush@Asphodel (D) yells "...." something.

Just a thought.
    They should be asking for help in the /raid or /wf channel, that always shows up in orange. I've never seen anyone use the /say channel to ask for help, that's just odd.

Champion of Telara

Problem solved.
    Because he was saying that most of the trash he sees comes from his own faction. Your solution would not address that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast