+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Premades should only face premades

Default Premades should only face premades

I like to PVP and since world PVP doesn't exist in Rift, I'm forced to join battlegrounds.

Since I like to PVP a lot more than my guildies and the Bloodiron server seems pretty inactive, I most often don't have the benefit of a premade.
    However I mostly do face a Defiant premade, which totally faceroll us, usually killing our entire team without taking any death whatsoever. This counts for all warfronts.
    The entertainment factor is next to zero and it's very demoralizing.

Sometimes we don't face a premade and we actually have a fun battle, and a equal chance to win, so my simple solution is: only allow a premade to face another premade. Let them be in a different waiting queue and solve the constant facerolling.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Prophet of Telara

discussed and trolled to death... please no more
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Soulwalker

Default Premades versus non-premades totally ineffective and unfair environment.

Same situation is happening every night our shards and wargroups. Premades could easily be ranked differently based upon the group/gear ranking of whats in their bags when they sign up. Obviously not what they have donned when they enter the match unless we are going to lock souls and gear upon signup for warfronts.

1. No ventrilo/mumble communications
    2. Random groupings, we don't have set players dedicated to heal, tank, or dps.
    3. 95 percent or better of the players only want to play dps and refuse to offer any assistance to the group.
    4. Trolling in game by players hellbent on not coordinating with a warfront veterans who knows the insides and outs of how to best play each environment.
    5. Of course pvp shards who can get a regular premade assembled will troll the forums against making premades fair. They love having fast and easy wins for gear upgrades and improving their e-peen scores.
    6. All these statements clearly create an ineffective environment for the players who are not signing up for premade pvp warfronts or those who don't have that as an option.

You are beating a dead horse. We said the same things about premades in beta. As you can see nothing has changed
    Have you ever wanted to?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    I like to PVP and since world PVP doesn't exist in Rift, I'm forced to join battlegrounds.

Since I like to PVP a lot more than my guildies and the Bloodiron server seems pretty inactive, I most often don't have the benefit of a premade.
    However I mostly do face a Defiant premade, which totally faceroll us, usually killing our entire team without taking any death whatsoever. This counts for all warfronts.

Sometimes we don't face a premade and we actually have a fun battle, and a equal chance to win, so my simple solution is: only allow a premade to face another premade. Let them be in a different waiting queue and solve the constant facerolling.
    Mwuahahaha. I love this topic.

Find different guildies that better match up to your interest in pvp. If you can't find any, transfer servers to a more active pvp option once server transfers open up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post

Stop asking for the game to nerf itself, so you don't feel so awful at PvP. All you are saying with this thread, is that you HAVE NO FRIENDS.

<---- PvE forums are that way.

Go where you belong.

Default Nothing better

I love beating Pre-mades with Pug groups.. Nothing better in the whole wide world. Since the decided to basically give winning and losing sides the same amount of Favor what difference does it make if you totally get stomped.

Have fun with it and learn how to kill fang carriers and healers in the back if you can't do anything else. Another positive note is it takes 5mins to get your 350 pts.

It is really fun imo. Another option is to find a group on your server running.. Or maybe even start your own group?? Crazy i know.. I usually run with another person or 2. Makes the time go by better and success rate goes up the more organized you can get.

Hap

+ Reply to Thread