+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please allow Red Ball to be purged.

Default Please allow Red Ball to be purged.

Easy fix. Thank you.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

I'm pretty sure it can be purged. Seems like MM's always manage to remove it from me in codex.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

yes i can purge this as marks

I knew Eradicate was OP.

Christ.

Edit: Preventative "that was sarcasm".

In any case, allow other purges to work. VK does not.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-02-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Champion of Telara

I call shenanigans. I've never been able to purge red ball buff with eradicate. Ever. And I've tried.

I agree that it should be purgable, but from my experiences it is not currently purgable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    I call shenanigans. I've never been able to purge red ball buff with eradicate. Ever. And I've tried.

I agree that it should be purgable, but from my experiences it is not currently purgable.
    Could have something to do with buff order. I've seen it disappear from a targets buff bar before the duration was up. It wasn't my Spell Sunder, though. I've tried it on targets with ONLY Red Ball, and I've purged people down to nothing but red ball and it stayed...
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Could have something to do with buff order. I've seen it disappear from a targets buff bar before the duration was up. It wasn't my Spell Sunder, though. I've tried it on targets with ONLY Red Ball, and I've purged people down to nothing but red ball and it stayed...
    I just assume it's eradicate that was doing it, but something can definiately purge it because I know for fact I've had it removed from me. Just not sure what did it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I just assume it's eradicate that was doing it, but something can definiately purge it because I know for fact I've had it removed from me. Just not sure what did it.
    I would very much like to know the answer to this as I've tested repeatedly eradicating a target that has only the red ball buff and was completely unable to remove it.

And I know eradicate can be parried/etc. This was not happening either.

I just want to stress that I play 90% of the time in a spec with eradicate and have tried many times since patch 1.2 to remove it just in case, and eradicate has never removed it.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.

I would very much like to know the answer to this as I've tested repeatedly eradicating a target that has only the red ball buff and was completely unable to remove it.

And I know eradicate can be parried/etc. This was not happening either.

I just want to stress that I play 90% of the time in a spec with eradicate and have tried many times since patch 1.2 to remove it just in case, and eradicate has never removed it.
    Well, if it's not eradicate (and a previous poster believes that it is), then it's either a cleric or mage ability because every time I've had it sheared off it was in codex and warriors weren't in range to do it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Well, if it's not eradicate (and a previous poster believes that it is), then it's either a cleric or mage ability because every time I've had it sheared off it was in codex and warriors weren't in range to do it.
    I would very much like to know what can do this, as I've not found a rogue ability that can.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt (without being able to test right now ) that eradicate cannot remove the red ball buff.

Could this be the new archmage purge degeneration? I haven't tested this but it could be worth looking at.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-02-2011 at 07:51 AM.

I would very much like to know what can do this, as I've not found a rogue ability that can.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt (without being able to test right now ) that eradicate cannot remove the red ball buff.

Could this be the new archmage purge degeneration? I haven't tested this but it could be worth looking at.
    It's possible.

+ Reply to Thread