+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyday we lose

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    I think I understand our bigest difference now, I belive the reward for playing with friends is the playing with friends and not the meaningless loot.
    Your one of the people that think teamwork should equl the greastest rewards and I on the other hand could care less about any rewards or loot at all, I just want to have fun in a game. Neither is wrong just different i belive.
    Not exactly. I agree with you that playing with friends is its own reward for me as it is for you.

I enjoy it, and thus the tangible game rewards are less important.

But one thing I've learned from how people play mmos is that if there isn't a tangible reward for activities, the vast majority of people simply won't do it.

I think it's awesome that you are I find it its own reward, but many people are driven nearly entirely by the quest for shiny purples.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    WHAT organized pvp end game???

Did we somehow become RvR while I slept?

Do you mean those ridiculous scampi fights during PVE content...lasting all of 30 seconds?
    warfronts can be organized, and open world can be fun.

Yes, I understand that this game isn't currently at DAOC or shadowbane pvp levels. I think there is promise and to be honest, there is nothing else out there that is at DAOC or shadowbane pvp quality (including the two aforementioned games)

The onus is currently on us as players to create that kind of environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    That's fine if someone wants to go it solo, but they shouldn't expect to be as successful as those that put in the planning and coordination. They should lose most of the time.

Incorrect, they should lose going into a grouping against premades...not fellow pugs. Same is true for premade versus premade.

*Simple concept*

I think you are forcing yourself into the thought that WE MUST, or WE HAVE to follow specific guidelines or rules within the gaming world.

Truth is, we don't- soon as revenue is lost...there is an awful lot of finger pointing towards the devs to correct the niche stance that "social" fellows make an anthem out of (oddly, those guilds and clans wander on to a fresher game once everyone else quits).

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    Incorrect, they should lose going into a grouping against premades...not fellow pugs. Same is true for premade versus premade.

*Simple concept*

I think you are forcing yourself into the thought that WE MUST, or WE HAVE to follow specific guidelines or rules within the gaming world.

Truth is, we don't- soon as revenue is lost...there is an awful lot of finger pointing towards the devs to correct the niche stance that "social" fellows make an anthem out of (oddly, those guilds and clans wander on to a fresher game once everyone else quits).
    All of that is moot because we disagree at a foundational level about a critical point.

I don't support holding puggers hands by only having them queue into pvp that excludes organized groups.

You support this. We will never see eye to eye on the topic
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.

The only thing that the PuG vs Premade argument shows is the split of PvPers in Rift.

Namely those skilled players that want a challenge vs. everyone else that just wants to always win

This thread, and all others like it, showcases this.

...../popcorn
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Premades destroy soloers who don't want to put in the same level of planning, coordination, and group-centered play.

If you want a game without this, might I suggest a more solo-based deathmatch experience?
    '

pre-mades rely on people being less on vent because they might not match up in skill. You are relying on your advantages solely, and want no part of a group with the same advantages.

Admit it, you are trying your absolute hardest to avoid challenging competition, because you care nothing about the game play, just getting the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

Well I played uo from the begining, everyone wore the same gear and there were not any rewards really for killing people other then thier gear which they droped on death, I will never find another game as fun as I did that one.

I relize i am a dinosaur that deams of a new mmo where crafted gear is the bis and open world pvp was fun, everyone was an even fight and it was all skill based. I dont think the world will ever see another game like that one. If only they had started pve server back then for all the pve people I really belive it would have been bigger then eq.
    Last edited by Zen Nashton; 06-02-2011 at 09:08 AM.

It isn't dumb.

It just isn't a response you want because you only want to pug and take offense at people calling out your refusal to play socially with coordination in a game and genre that require coordinated social play to achieve success.

So really, it isn't dumb, it just hits at a point that you aren't ready to concede.
    who isnt ready to concede here guy? You are the one saying you will see no other alternative, and that if you are not in a group within 30 seconds of logging in you should be kicked from the game.

You admit to being a biggot about this, you just want free rewards.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 09:10 AM.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    '

pre-mades rely on people being less on vent because they might not match up in skill. You are relying on your advantages solely, and want no part of a group with the same advantages.

Admit it, you are trying your absolute hardest to avoid challenging competition, because you care nothing about the game play, just getting the rewards.
    Admit what? I've flat out acknowledged the following points:

1. I want everyone to use vent, or mumble, or in-game macros or whatever those advantages are that you mention. If someone chooses not to use a beneficial tool that is available to them, they should not get a handicap from Trion, they should suffer in effectiveness accordingly.

2. It isn't about the rewards, or "wanting to pick on people". I simply don't want lazy/apathetic/non-group focused people to play the game period. I don't want to pick on them, I want them to leave.

So you see, it isn't some kind of nefarious plot to pick on people or stack the deck, I'm just selfish and want solo-heros to leave.

Champion of Telara

who isnt ready to concede here guy? You are the one saying you will see no other alternative, and that if you are not in a group within 30 seconds of logging in you should be kicked from the game.

You admit to being a biggot about this, but wont admit why, you just want free rewards.
    I do admit why.

Here is why: I feel that the solo-rambo hero mentality has degraded mmo pvp over the last decade or so. I do not like this. Thus, it forms the basis of my stance on pugging vs premade groups.

Admit what? I've flat out acknowledged the following points:

1. I want everyone to use vent, or mumble, or in-game macros or whatever those advantages are that you mention. If someone chooses not to use a beneficial tool that is available to them, they should not get a handicap from Trion, they should suffer in effectiveness accordingly.

2. It isn't about the rewards, or "wanting to pick on people". I simply don't want lazy/apathetic/non-group focused people to play the game period. I don't want to pick on them, I want them to leave.

So you see, it isn't some kind of nefarious plot to pick on people or stack the deck, I'm just selfish and want solo-heros to leave.
    see, my point exactly.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    Well I played uo from the begining, everyone wore the same gear and there were not any rewards really for killing people other then thier gear which they droped on death, I will never find another game as fun as I did that one.

I relize i am a dinosaur that deams of a new mmo where crafted gear is the bis and open world pvp was fun, everyone was an even fight and it was all skill based. I dont think the world will ever see another game like that one. If only they had started pve server back then for all the pve people I really belive it would have been bigger then eq.
    Hey, that's the era I'm from and I agree with you 100% all the way up to your point on pve, which I simply don't have an opinion on.

Champion of Telara

see, my point exactly.
    So is everyone. We all want what we want, I just have the wisdom to put it out in the open rather than hide it under a mountain of false pre-tenses.

Will you finally admit that my motivation is not rolling pugs? Because I'm getting so tired of being accused of that
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-02-2011 at 09:14 AM.

remove option to queue solo, add pvp to lfd tool, problem solved.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.

So is everyone. We all want what we want, I just have the wisdom to put it out in the open rather than hide it under a mountain of false pre-tenses.
    false pretense? under what guise am I hiding my motivation? I dont like you, and your "draconian" view on things, thus I have no intrests in doing anything with you or your cronies. If I could kill you I would, but alas you are protected from me by faction status, requiring me to spend countless hours to show you how i truly feel.

So what you are saying is, either conform or get lost? so you would committ genocide too, you really are a small person.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast