+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyday we lose

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    This makes no sense.

Pugs vs Pugs Pre-mades vs Pre-mades.

That is how it should be, and I hope that is how it will be. Players already cheat the system by having 2 groups of 5 queue at the same time thus getting into the same WF.

Get friends? That is your solution? That is such a narrow minded view of the overall problem. If Trion wanted you to pvp with friends or a group, then they would not let you queue SOLO.
    They let people group solo because most people are lazy and Trion still wants their dollars.

By your logic, if Trion wanted you to pvp solo, they would not let you queue AS A GROUP (to borrow your use of CAPITAL LETTERS)

I'm a terribly frustrating person to debate this point though, as I take the draconian view that nothing should be done to help or encourage solo queuing at all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Wild west. Stop asking for hand-holding and take matters into your own hands. You are comparing a video game to organized sports. I contend that it is an inaccurate comparison.

I'm all for "decent competition" but this isn't an e-sport. It's a massivly multiplayer online role playing game that is supposed to have a living-breathing world driven by player interaction.

If someone is kicking your teeth in, go round up a group of like-minded friends, coordinate, practice, and go get revenge.
    Ok fine! i give and will wait for the next game to come out that offers equl pvp macthup's. Rift's loss really as all the people like me that wants competative pvp leave this game. And how do you know I dont run a premade? I never said i didnt, I said I want fun equl macthes, How dare me to enjoy compition.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lustx View Post
    Join a premade.
    Do u sleep? Premade destroy WF and game ....

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    Wouldn't you rather fight fun macths that are mostly equl and result in 489/500 games instead of rofl stomping people 500/12 over and over? I can not for the life of me see how you can defend that? I dont want to win that way I want a fun close fight, dont you?
    Sure, but that's an argument that is besides the point. I would rather fight exciting, competitive altercations where people coordinate and group up, rather than encourage a bunch of a chickens without heads running around solo in an environment empty of consequences or negative reproduction for bad/lazy/or apathetic pvp.

Plane Touched

Sure, but that's an argument that is besides the point. I would rather fight exciting, competitive altercations where people coordinate and group up, rather than encourage a bunch of a chickens without heads running around solo in an environment empty of consequences or negative reproduction for bad/lazy/or apathetic pvp.
    If that is true then you agree with me! and want premade agaisnt premade so we can have some fun competitve fighting. Glad we see eye to eye.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Donchev View Post
    Do u sleep? Premade destroy WF and game ....
    Premades destroy soloers who don't want to put in the same level of planning, coordination, and group-centered play.

If you want a game without this, might I suggest a more solo-based deathmatch experience?

It isn't dumb.

It just isn't a response you want because you only want to pug and take offense at people calling out your refusal to play socially with coordination in a game and genre that require coordinated social play to achieve success.

So really, it isn't dumb, it just hits at a point that you aren't ready to concede.
    Oh come now, I honestly favor the fun and flavor of logging in for pug versus pug match over any sort of premade gameplay. Premade pvp starts to feel too much like PVE...and PVE has become so very dull over the years.

Even with FPS games, some prefer to play in coordinated teams clan versus clan...others just enjoy fighting with and against total strangers. It all depends on what we think of as "fun" out of our gaming time...simple as that.

No gripes, no complaints- just simple straightforward pvp fun...the current system just jests at pvp in the fashion of LoTRO. Rift is a pve game until it evolves...

I want Premmie vs. Pug, Pug vs. Pug, Premmie vs. Premmie every second, every minute- and everyone to get their cookies out of it...how hard is that to accomplish?

So you agree that pre-made should be against another organized pre-made.

Let the chickens queue against other chickens.

You were arguing just for the sake of arguing, yet you agree with all our points.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    If that is true then you agree with me! and want premade agaisnt premade so we can have some fun competitve fighting. Glad we see eye to eye.
    Yes - we do agree on that.

Champion of Telara

So you agree that pre-made should be against another organized pre-made.

Let the chickens queue against other chickens.

You were arguing just for the sake of arguing, yet you agree with all our points.
    Not exactly.

Remember when I said I support a draconian stance?

I think the pugs should be thrown in the premade queue because losing may actually encourage some of them to put in the effort to try and join or create their own premade groups.

If not and they end up leaving - that's fine with me. Those players that leave over this would never be a part of the community building or group pvp scene anyways. No big deal.

If you have a pug v pug queue with the same rewards of the premade queue, what is the motivation for those players to ever join organized pvp end game?
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-02-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typos

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    Oh come now, I honestly favor the fun and flavor of logging in for pug versus pug match over any sort of premade gameplay. Premade pvp starts to feel too much like PVE...and PVE has become so very dull over the years.

Even with FPS games, some prefer to play in coordinated teams clan versus clan...others just enjoy fighting with and against total strangers. It all depends on what we think of as "fun" out of our gaming time...simple as that.

No gripes, no complaints- just simple straightforward pvp fun...the current system just jests at pvp in the fashion of LoTRO. Rift is a pve game until it evolves...

I want Premmie vs. Pug, Pug vs. Pug, Premmie vs. Premmie every second, every minute- and everyone to get their cookies out of it...how hard is that to accomplish?
    Hey man/lady, that's cool. Your preference is your preference. My argument is that there should be no separation between pug and premade groups based on my views in one of the preceding posts.

That's fine if someone wants to go it solo, but they shouldn't expect to be as successful as those that put in the planning and coordination. They should lose most of the time.

If I go into greenscale solo because I "just feel like logging on and popping in", I shouldn't expect to achieve the level of success as a full, coordinated, planned raid.

Plane Touched

Not exactly.

Remember when I said I support a draconian stance?

I think the pugs should be thrown in the premade queue because losing may actually encourage some of them to put in the effort to try and join or create their own premade groups.

If not and they end up leaving - that's fine with me. Those players that leave over this would never be a part of the community building or group pvp scene anyways. No big deal.

If you have a pug v pug queue with the same rewards of the premade queue, what is the motivation for those players to ever join organized pvp end game?
    I think I understand our bigest difference now, I belive the reward for playing with friends is the playing with friends and not the meaningless loot.
    Your one of the people that think teamwork should equl the greastest rewards and I on the other hand could care less about any rewards or loot at all, I just want to have fun in a game. Neither is wrong just different i belive.

WHAT organized pvp end game???

Did we somehow become RvR while I slept?

Do you mean those ridiculous scampi fights during PVE content...lasting all of 30 seconds?

Not exactly.

Challenge.

Again, very narrow minded view you have of this game.

Champion of Telara

Challenge.

Again, very narrow minded view you have of this game.
    Yes, I absolutely have a narrow-minded view about this topic. I fully admit that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast