+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyday we lose

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dimented View Post
    pre-mades will be the death of PvP in this game
    Pugs will be the death of all mmo pvp.

To the OP - get a premade. Make a premade.

If you don't even try to put out the effort and coordination you have no one to blame for getting stomped other than your own laziness or antisocial tendencies.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis234 View Post
    Rasmolov - Defiant. Lol, we just keep getting rolled. I havent seen many premades on our side at this time of day. I have to hand it to the Guardians no one seems to last more then 3 - 4 seconds. I think its time to try dungeons and give up on pvp.
    to be honest you should look into one of the new shard for transfer to see if it improves for you.

but if Stonecrest, snarebush, or byierl become available you might want to one of those. It can pretty much go 50/50 most of the time.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    bascially, ride in a large group of players at all times, players that use abilities buffed in the last patch.
    No actually, what he said - not your completely different twist of his words. See, it's easy to argue with someone when you literally change the words they say to ones that you are thinking instead.

We get it, you don't like to put in the effort of coordination and planning that premades do. So you will lose to them. That isn't a flaw in the system, that's a natural end point of cause and effect.

Cogito ergo sum - I pug therefore I lose.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Grazskin View Post
    to be honest you should look into one of the new shard for transfer to see if it improves for you.

but if Stonecrest, snarebush, or byierl become available you might want to one of those. It can pretty much go 50/50 most of the time.
    You will still run into the same issues regardless of shards - I play on this cluster and can attest that your experiences will differ depending on if you coordinate or not.

Especially coming to defiant. Guardian pugs are way better, especially with the recent influx of fresh lvl 50 pve geared defiant players - but our pre-mades area usually extremely successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    No actually, what he said - not your completely different twist of his words. See, it's easy to argue with someone when you literally change the words they say to ones that you are thinking instead.

We get it, you don't like to put in the effort of coordination and planning that premades do. So you will lose to them. That isn't a flaw in the system, that's a natural end point of cause and effect.

Cogito ergo sum - I pug therefore I lose.

No, i dont think you do get it. The strategy is the same regardless of pug or premade, though the switches come easier. Get in a larger group than the one you are fighting, and make sur emost people in that group are using abilities strictly because they were buffed last patch and currently stronger than most abilities in game.

You are twisting my words here, but we can ignore that since you obviously wont see the irony.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 06-02-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

What is wrong with wanting pug fighting pug? That needs to be fixed before any other pvp changes. premade= waiting for Premade, pug = waiting for pug, should be an easy fix, Better to wait an hour for a wf then play 3, 0/500 games.

Telling players they should make thier own premade and rofl stomp pug is the dumbest thing ever. The game needs to put even teams on both sides no matter how your rolling. I swear some people want easy favor above fun gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis234 View Post
    Rasmolov - Defiant. Lol, we just keep getting rolled. I havent seen many premades on our side at this time of day. I have to hand it to the Guardians no one seems to last more then 3 - 4 seconds. I think its time to try dungeons and give up on pvp.
    I am in your cluster @ threesprings.

It goes both ways. There have been nights where we dominate in pugs.

As far as the gaurdian pre-mades on our server, they have good gear, but individually they are horrible. With a few decent players on your side (AND A HEALER OR 2) a good match should be the result.

Oh yeah, the gaurdians like to talk smack.. alot.. Makes me think the avg age of them are probably around 13.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    What is wrong with wanting pug fighting pug? That needs to be fixed before any other pvp changes. premade= waiting for Premade, pug = waiting for pug, should be an easy fix, Better to wait an hour for a wf then play 3, 0/500 games.

Telling players they should make thier own premade and rofl stomp pug is the dumbest thing ever. The game needs to put even teams on both sides no matter how your rolling. I swear some people want easy favor above fun gameplay.
    It isn't dumb.

It just isn't a response you want because you only want to pug and take offense at people calling out your refusal to play socially with coordination in a game and genre that require coordinated social play to achieve success.

So really, it isn't dumb, it just hits at a point that you aren't ready to concede.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    No, i dont think you do get it. The strategy is the same regardless of pug or premade, though the switches come easier. Get in a larger group than the one you are fighting, and make sur emost people in that group are using abilities strictly because they were buffed last patch and currently stronger than most abilities in game.

You are twisting my words here, but we can ignore that since you obviously wont see the irony.
    Please define the meaning and context of "though the switches come easier"

I don't understand and can't respond to the rest of the post until I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Ask for more ppl and make a pre made group.
    It is called MMO.So it is not solo game. Socialize.
    MMO's certainly have been solo games from the start- by nature, I am sure more ANTI-social individuals favor the gaming world. Just think upon it...

You are in front of a computer, in an imaginary world- hanging with imaginary friends...dude, that's not being social.

*It's being disturbed*

Seriously though, they need to pull out the pug versus the premmies...it's pure excitement for fellow premades to match up against each other in order to test true pvp coordination and class combinations. Also, it's a total blast to have two pugs mashing it out for dominance....since you won't find much coordination OR soul combination.

Why involve the two groupings together? It's tried and true in any game...pug versus pug and premmie versus premmie always leaves a warm satisfied glow.

Unless, you are that premmie that time and time again can't handle a REAL premade WF...and are forced to take your frustration out on those poor misfortunate pugs (whom happen to be unaware that you are all giddy to roll them with your PMS induced fury).

Last edited by TourneAsunder; 06-02-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Plane Touched

It isn't dumb.

It just isn't a response you want because you only want to pug and take offense at people calling out your refusal to play socially with coordination in a game and genre that require coordinated social play to achieve success.

So really, it isn't dumb, it just hits at a point that you aren't ready to concede.
    not true I unlike you want an even fight, decent competion, You do not put pro's against jr high school, its the same concept.

It isn't dumb.

This makes no sense.

Pugs vs Pugs Pre-mades vs Pre-mades.

That is how it should be, and I hope that is how it will be. Players already cheat the system by having 2 groups of 5 queue at the same time thus getting into the same WF.

Get friends? That is your solution? That is such a narrow minded view of the overall problem. If Trion wanted you to pvp with friends or a group, then they would not let you queue SOLO.

not true I unlike you want an even fight, decent competion, You do not put pro's against jr high school, its the same concept.
    I will disagree with you there. Just because they are all queueing together does not make them pro's.

Sure there are some decent players around, however there are some rank 5-6's that still burn out that S key when being fought.

Its just they made gear > skill in this game thus the problem.

Champion of Telara

Wild west. Stop asking for hand-holding and take matters into your own hands. You are comparing a video game to organized sports. I contend that it is an inaccurate comparison.

I'm all for "decent competition" but this isn't an e-sport. It's a massivly multiplayer online role playing game that is supposed to have a living-breathing world driven by player interaction.

If someone is kicking your teeth in, go round up a group of like-minded friends, coordinate, practice, and go get revenge.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I will disagree with you there. Just because they are all queueing together does not make them pro's.

Sure there are some decent players around, however there are some rank 5-6's that still burn out that S key when being fought.

Its just they made gear > skill in this game thus the problem.
    Wouldn't you rather fight fun macths that are mostly equl and result in 489/500 games instead of rofl stomping people 500/12 over and over? I can not for the life of me see how you can defend that? I dont want to win that way I want a fun close fight, dont you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast