+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Everyday we lose

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    ^Reading comprehension check
    And? They're looking into it, no telling what if anything will be done about it. Meanwhile, every time someone posts a thread to complain about how getting stomped all day by premades isn't their idea of fun, someone else comes in to insult and belittle them over what they do for enjoyment in a game.

So while I'm dropping by to see what if anything has changed, I like to jump in on the side of fun vs whatever it is that you anti-queue separation folks are trying to uphold. Most of you seem to advocate some sort of MMO work ethic. But work ethics don't belong in games except insofar as one should not violate the game rules in order to get ahead quickly and easily, especially in ways that infringe on the enjoyment of other players, which isn't really about work, it's about sportsmanship and courtesy.

The other thing that gets mentioned a lot is how queuing solo supposedly ruins community. I don't see how the community could be any worse than the pug WF community I saw, though. It was pretty demoralized, and I truly believe that if Trion won't separate the queues or find some other solution they should just get rid of solo queuing entirely.
    I'd be an advocate for separate queues for premade and non premade groups. Some people have said they were successful in all queuing separately at the exact same time. If this is true, there will still be rofl-stomps of non premade groups even if only 90% of the team gets in. Does anyone have an idea how they could/even would combat this?
    Posted on 03-07-2011 by Sinoxis

Soulwalker

i mean....hello kitty island adventure sounds fun to me.....gawd

Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    And? They're looking into it, no telling what if anything will be done about it. Meanwhile, every time someone posts a thread to complain about how getting stomped all day by premades isn't their idea of fun, someone else comes in to insult and belittle them over what they do for enjoyment in a game.

So while I'm dropping by to see what if anything has changed, I like to jump in on the side of fun vs whatever it is that you anti-queue separation folks are trying to uphold. Most of you seem to advocate some sort of MMO work ethic. But work ethics don't belong in games except insofar as one should not violate the game rules in order to get ahead quickly and easily, especially in ways that infringe on the enjoyment of other players, which isn't really about work, it's about sportsmanship and courtesy.

The other thing that gets mentioned a lot is how queuing solo supposedly ruins community. I don't see how the community could be any worse than the pug WF community I saw, though. It was pretty demoralized, and I truly believe that if Trion won't separate the queues or find some other solution they should just get rid of solo queuing entirely.
    And I am obviously FOR seperation. And I never said I was against it, you just assumed that so you could try to make some kind of floppy arguement.

Point is, Trion said they are developing the work that is going to seperate pugs from premades, so there is no reason to keep posting threads and whining about premades.

Telaran

for all you pugs (including myself) why dont you organize and set up your own vent? gather names and make friends or at least teammates. pass vent info out and schedule times to play.

I wonder what smartass decided that PVE servers should be in the same cluster as PVP ones.

Was bad enough on Quarrystone already being paired with the likes of Mordant and Maidenfalls and now you added Imperium and some other crap?

Anyway thought I'd vote with my feet against their changes. ./Sub cancelled. GJ Trion on your huge fail
    Last edited by Greatorex; 06-03-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    < Invictus >
    Nerissa - Cenii - Nausicaa - Elix
    Cleric - Warrior - Mage - Rogue
    Icewatch EU

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    And I am obviously FOR seperation. And I never said I was against it, you just assumed that so you could try to make some kind of floppy arguement.

Point is, Trion said they are developing the work that is going to seperate pugs from premades, so there is no reason to keep posting threads and whining about premades.

I don't create threads. I'm merely posting in defense of the OP, who is getting attacked by the usual assortment of premade vs pug apologists. Their favorite word is 'whine'. I note with interest it's a word you also seem to like.

I don't whine. I canceled my account, and if I never find a reason to resub, I won't lose a second of sleep over it. There are a lot of MMOs out there and a lot more coming out, and if none of those satisfy, I know plenty of other ways to fill my leisure time. But when I check back in to see if I ever will resub, I do enjoy tearing apart some of the troll attack posts from time to time. Now I suppose someone will try to explain to me why I should not find that so entertaining and imply that something is seriously wrong with me because I do find it entertaining, and I'll get a good laugh out of it.
    I'd be an advocate for separate queues for premade and non premade groups. Some people have said they were successful in all queuing separately at the exact same time. If this is true, there will still be rofl-stomps of non premade groups even if only 90% of the team gets in. Does anyone have an idea how they could/even would combat this?
    Posted on 03-07-2011 by Sinoxis

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    for all you pugs (including myself) why dont you organize and set up your own vent? gather names and make friends or at least teammates. pass vent info out and schedule times to play.
    A couple reasons:

1. I play during the twilight hours, as such finding and organizing a premade is problematic. First I have to find if there are even five people online, let alone if they are interested in PvP.

2. When I do play, it's when I've just gotten off of work and the last thing I want to do is deal with the hassle of creating and leading a premade. Well, maybe not last, I might rather do that then take out the trash... but you get the picture.

I do believe I outlined a rather reasonable solution to this conundrum earlier, it offers some separation between premades and PuGs without drastically affecting queue times. Provided the queues aren't abnormally long for population reasons, premades either get to face another premade or face a PuG after five minutes, PuGs are far more likely to face another PuG, and occasionally the planets collide and a premade that can't find another premade faces a PuG.

Premades get some competition by facing other premades, PuGs by large face other PuGs, and scrubby premades can still roll PuGs if they pick the right hours (or get rolled by real PvPers, all good to me). Most people are happy, Trion is more likely to retain $15 a month from myself and possibly many others, and many of these threads vanish.

Win win win.

It doesn't seem much like rocket surgery to me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis234 View Post
    Every afternoon I join a WF. Every afternoon I play with a pug against a premade and every single game we lose. No one even bothers trying anymore. Even when we try we cant win. I think they must be all R6 because we are all dead with in a few seconds. All the other team does is rub it in how bad we are. I am getting to the point where I cant even look at Rift because I am so disgusted with the way we lose all the time.

We have no chance to win. No chance at all. I cant wait for server transfers. Why would anyone stay where their side is always losing.
    TLDR
    because u suck

Soulwalker

I agree with the op. Donīt know if its player fault or game fault but this is not working.

It's not funny trying to do some PVP and loose every single WF you play without any chance to win and being forced to stay at the spawning point most of the times.

It isn't funny eiher (i think) being part of a premade and win every single WF owning completely the opossite faction and, in some of them, simply waiting for the timer without any enemy at range.

Apart from that there is the question of imbalance between classes and some dumb habilities doing more damage than the standard hp pool or overprotecting the player, for example.

The game is cool but the PVP system needs lots of fast work.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    It isn't funny eiher (i think) being part of a premade and win every single WF owning completely the opossite faction and, in some of them, simply waiting for the timer without any enemy at range.
    You have to understand that most people pvping aren't in it for the fun or the challenge. They're in it for the fastest favor they can gain. If people didn't enjoy rolling pugs all day long, you wouldn't see people making pre-mades. I can say this. We'll run into maybe one pre-made every 10 games or so when I can be bothered to "pvp" anymore. While that one game can be fun, outside of that, it's just farming the random pug at spawn, which is about as much fun as watching a crocodile chew my ****.

I'd love it if premades were only matched with other premades. But, I guarantee that this is a minority opinion. The brutal truth is that most people enjoy rolling other people, and perhaps more importantly, warfronts are a vehicle for getting loot requiring no effort at all on the player's behalf. When pvp became all about obtaining better gear, rather than beating other players, it's difficult to call it pvp anymore with a straight face. And, unfortunately, this means it attracts those who simply want easy wins, rather than people who want to actually fight.

No one wants to rock the gravy train (I'd be willing to bet my 401k that a good chunk of the playerbase will never raid for gear, but will always have time to go do a warfront or two and slowly earn their pvp gear, and so that's why you don't see the queues seperated, because Trion will never do something that makes people have longer queues). Not even Blizzard did that with their millions of subscribers. There's no way we'll be seeing it here.
    Last edited by Revial; 06-04-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Its easy to fix this give the same favor for winning or lossing. Call that pretisapating favor, and then grant favor for actully doing the objective.

Say each time a team member hits a flag every one gains 50 favor, If the oppisition never takes it back then fine but if they do they gain 50, then the other team takes it back and gains 50 again.

The stomping game will no longer award as much favor as a true fight does.

Risk vrs reward, 0 /500 games should reward allmost noughting to either side. just the basic favor cause neither side earned anything.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    Its easy to fix this give the same favor for winning or lossing. Call that pretisapating favor, and then grant favor for actully doing the objective.

Say each time a team member hits a flag every one gains 50 favor, If the oppisition never takes it back then fine but if they do they gain 50, then the other team takes it back and gains 50 again.

The stomping game will no longer award as much favor as a true fight does.

Risk vrs reward, 0 /500 games should reward allmost noughting to either side. just the basic favor cause neither side earned anything.
    That actually sounds kind of fair. I think people should be rewarded more for a close game or hard-fought match than for roflstomping an opposing p1 pug team with their p6 pre-made.

Or, as people have been saying, put p6 characters and / or pre-made groups in separate queues from everyone else.

Ascendant

Sounds fairly exploitable though...

Just have teams stand there and swap flags back and forth for maximum benefit for both sides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11