+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open world PvP and clip range

Soulwalker

Default Open world PvP and clip range

Seriously?

So we are oRvRing and guess what. I run into 40+ people before they load.

Fix the clip range please? It is not okay that you see three people and 50 other people load up slowly.
    I jump around Meridan from pillar to pillar (banker to auctioneer) and I see 3 people to 50 people that load up randomly as I get closer.

How do you expect this game to be successful in world pvp if the game can't load players reasonably?

My i7 @ 4.6ghz with 8gb of memory, raid 0 ssds, and 1gb 5870 should have 0 issues loading players, so I know that it is not an issue on my part, it is part of your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfrost View Post
    How do you expect this game to be successful in world pvp
    lol that's a good one!

side-note: never experienced that issue except when loading up the game for the first time while standing in Sanctum. Takes about 5-10 seconds to see all the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfrost View Post
    Seriously?

So we are oRvRing and guess what. I run into 40+ people before they load.

Fix the clip range please? It is not okay that you see three people and 50 other people load up slowly.
    I jump around Meridan from pillar to pillar (banker to auctioneer) and I see 3 people to 50 people that load up randomly as I get closer.

How do you expect this game to be successful in world pvp if the game can't load players reasonably?

My i7 @ 4.6ghz with 8gb of memory, raid 0 ssds, and 1gb 5870 should have 0 issues loading players, so I know that it is not an issue on my part, it is part of your game.
    Completely agree. Rift's render distance for other players is extremely dismal. I wish Trion would at least include an option to increase/decrease player render distance.

Rift actually has one of, if not the lowest render distances for characters I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-01-2011 at 08:26 PM.

There has been alot of talk about RvR - not going to be happening anytime soon.

then give us controlled population instance. if you die and do not get res, you get kick out of it and have to queue to get in.

put few objectives and a keep to fight for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    There has been alot of talk about RvR - not going to be happening anytime soon.
    Where was RvR mentioned? The OP is talking about render distance...

These forums...
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-01-2011 at 09:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread