+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf runspeed and teleport class buffs in pvp

Default Nerf runspeed and teleport class buffs in pvp

That's all. Leave the power up orbs for that purpose, but make it so classes can't teleport, sprint, or anything else other than just run down the field with the stones.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ascendant

Care to elaborate?

Ascendant

They've already nerfed half the defensive cooldowns of your typical rogue. Now you want them to nerf the mobility options, too?

Sorry, warriors get plate. Clerics get chain and self heals. Mages get substantial AoE CC and movement speed. Rogues get movement speed.

Protip: It doesn't matter how fast the enemy carrier gets to their base; they can't cap if you have their stone.

Think on that for a while.

I think any sort of teleporting should make you drop the stone...for any class.

I'm OK with the running buffs.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I think any sort of teleporting should make you drop the stone...for any class.

I'm OK with the running buffs.
    Riftstalker plane shifts are tied to their damage reduction as a survivability soul. It's asking too much for it to be nerfed, and it can be countered by a team that is playing with an intelligent strategy.

Plane Walker

Here's an idea. Just don't let them get the stone.

I know it's crazy, but it's super effective.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

I'm sorry, I should have specified that this was only in relation to shard running.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    That's all. Leave the power up orbs for that purpose, but make it so classes can't teleport, sprint, or anything else other than just run down the field with the stones.
    In relation to objectives only I agree.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Here's an idea. Just don't let them get the stone.

I know it's crazy, but it's super effective.
    Just finished a match where I was camped at the enemy stone waiting for some support to come. Riftstalker on my team runs in, grabs the stone, runs 20 steps and then disappears and the stone drops and I was all like...wtf?!...and then I'm looking at the map and not only did he use Flashback (thus the dropped stone) he kept on running like nothing happened.

Next person on my team runs in to grab the stone and they grab it, take five steps, and drop it. Because they tried to mount.

I was like...o.O.

How did we get so many level 50 newbs to WS in our warfront tonight? What is this I do not...

And it was the same in every warfront. And these are the folks that come here complaining that things aren't fair.

Ascendant

I'm sorry, I should have specified that this was only in relation to shard running.
    Doesn't matter. You're basically saying that you want the mechanics central to certain souls nerfed in warfronts because your team can't get their heads out of their collective arses long enough to come up with a working strategy to counter it.

Rogues are with particular builds are ideally suited to running sourcestones. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Rogues are with particular builds are ideally suited to running sourcestones. That's all there is to it.
    And pyros with particular builds are ideally suited to one shot instagibbing people. That would be all there is to that too, but it's just as OP and needs to be addressed.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

And pyros with particular builds are ideally suited to one shot instagibbing people. That would be all there is to that too, but it's just as OP and needs to be addressed.
    Being one shot isn't counterable. Riftstalker running is.
    Last edited by Doktor_Ljubavi; 06-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Ascendant

There's nothing "OP" about a mobility class leveraging their mobility to contribute to the success of their team. And when you're talking about things like Riftstalker ports, making it so that they can't be used while carrying stones is a major, major nerf to the class. Riftstalker RELY on those ports for the damage reduction buff that goes with them. A fully built Riftstalker gets two non-combat ports that work while carrying sourcestones that account for a total maximum distance traveled of 40m and, if used back to back, leaves them with up to 28 seconds where their only option to port is to target an enemy and port to them.

Every time someone figures out an effective build that requires more than a faceroll response to counter, someone comes along and demands a nerf.

Stop it. If you can't handle PvP, don't PvP.

Soulwalker

Riftstalker exiting the base alone with the stone. I'm mounted at the stone's location and beginning to pursue. I catch him up at the middle of the map with the 110% mount. I could barely land 2-3 hits when he ported 20m again and now he is out of range.
    I'm sorry, but this is beyond ******ed and has to go.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Edge View Post
    Riftstalker exiting the base alone with the stone. I'm mounted at the stone's location and beginning to pursue. I catch him up at the middle of the map with the 110% mount. I could barely land 2-3 hits when he ported 20m again and now he is out of range.
    I'm sorry, but this is beyond ******ed and has to go.
    Weird, I have no problem dispatching riftstalker runners by myself.

Oh, that's because some classes aren't suited to counter some other classes.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast