+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling and PvP

Default Leveling and PvP

Hello Folks,

I continue playing a lot of Rift I now have a 42 Warrior with 4 Souls, 22 Rogue with 3 souls, 19 Cleric with two souls, and 9 Mage 1 soul. I remember playing Everquest and taking about a year to reach max level with one character. I am glad to see that Rift progression is much faster allowing us to focus on other aspects of the game.

One thing I have noticed is that playing my toons is getting complicated because with all my classes and soul combinations I am finding it difficult to remember how to play each one. This is compounded since I play on a PvP server so you have to learn how to use a PvP soul combination or you are going to be getting ganked left and right.

In my case, I enjoy playing my leveling builds and I play them well and since I am not doing too much PvP I feel I am making for a steep learning curve once the leveling is done. Knowing that leveling is pretty fast in Rift it may be better for those just starting out to focus entirely on a PvP soul combination that way you would learn one PvP class from the ground up.

I would like to know how you all are dealing with these issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Elf View Post
    Hello Folks,

I now have a 42 Warrior with 4 Souls, 22 Rogue with 3 souls, 19 Cleric with two souls, and 9 Mage 1 soul.
    I don't know the answer to your question. But I'm really curious how you can have a level 19 with only 2 souls and a level 9 with only 1 soul? Since you get your first 3 souls in the starter area within the first 20 minutes of playing.
    Last edited by baph; 06-01-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question. But I'm really curious how you can have a level 19 with only 2 souls and a level 9 with only 1 soul? Since you get your first 3 souls in the starter area within the first 20 minutes of playing.
    He means roles no doubt.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Elf View Post
    Hello Folks,

I continue playing a lot of Rift I now have a 42 Warrior with 4 Souls, 22 Rogue with 3 souls, 19 Cleric with two souls, and 9 Mage 1 soul. I remember playing Everquest and taking about a year to reach max level with one character. I am glad to see that Rift progression is much faster allowing us to focus on other aspects of the game.

One thing I have noticed is that playing my toons is getting complicated because with all my classes and soul combinations I am finding it difficult to remember how to play each one. This is compounded since I play on a PvP server so you have to learn how to use a PvP soul combination or you are going to be getting ganked left and right.

In my case, I enjoy playing my leveling builds and I play them well and since I am not doing too much PvP I feel I am making for a steep learning curve once the leveling is done. Knowing that leveling is pretty fast in Rift it may be better for those just starting out to focus entirely on a PvP soul combination that way you would learn one PvP class from the ground up.

I would like to know how you all are dealing with these issues.

Thanks
    Learning the setup of your PvP soul build in PvE isn't going to help you much. Most of the learning curve in PvP is how to respond to other players, how to best pursue the objectives on the different maps, and learning how your role interacts with the people on your team. Those aren't things you'll learn while solo questing regardless of your build.

It's worthwhile to PvP while leveling so that you arrive at 50 with favor to spend on PvP gear to get yourself started.

Default Roles not Souls

I meant roles not souls sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post

Default Pvp Asap to the end.

I have lvled three toons to 50 so far. first two i did questing and rifts and pve ect. and this thrid one i did Warfronts-pvp. Got to 50 much faster and more enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread