+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balance

Default Balance

In all the mmorpg's i've played, this game is by far the WORST when it comes to PvP balance. Gear dependency is way too high, a rank 2-3 player fighting a rank 5-6 is like a level 10 trying to kill a level 50.

Obviously a rank 5-6 should have an advantage against a rank 2-3 but the difference is ridiculous.

This game will lose a sh!tload of pvpers when the anticipated mmorpg's are released, you know the ones.

fact.
    ?

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    In all the mmorpg's i've played, this game is by far the WORST when it comes to PvP balance. Gear dependency is way too high, a rank 2-3 player fighting a rank 5-6 is like a level 10 trying to kill a level 50.

Obviously a rank 5-6 should have an advantage against a rank 2-3 but the difference is ridiculous.

This game will lose a sh!tload of pvpers when the anticipated mmorpg's are released, you know the ones.

fact.
    Welcome to earth, its imperfect here.

not asking for "perfect balance" no company can even accomplish that. But do i seem over exaggerating when i talk about rifts balance? no... i don't.
    ?

Sez

Wow. This is the first thread with this unique complaint. Congratulations, you are a special snowflake.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    not asking for "perfect balance" no company can even accomplish that. But do i seem over exaggerating when i talk about rifts balance? no... i don't.
    Do you have any ideas on how it could be improved?
    Last edited by Isz; 06-01-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Several threads with the same crap, i don't need to lay down what needs to be done because we all know how that will end.

It's my opinion, i was just venting.
    ?

Sez

My favorite rogue combination is Assassin, bladedancer, and infiltrator because it lets me kill people quickly.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

character balance went out the window in western mmo's for one simple reason.
    they took away stat points, the ability to make a worrior hit a high dex archer/sin by simply adding more dex, or one shot a cleric by having massive amounts of str.

every toon is the same, yeh you can argue this build has this many soul points ect ect, but in the end that dosnt change a hell of alot at all.
    Welcome to the world off easy mode in the wake of WoW -.-

The more I pvp atm the more I come to the conclusion Rift is very close to being balanced in pvp. Trion needs to be *very* careful when changing classes now, because it might hurt pvp quite bad.

The only thing I agree with is that gear disparity has no place in pvp.

So is it balance or gear dependency? You want all rank gear to be the same? Yes, I agree that a rank 6 stomps a rank 1. The same way a player a player in Greenscale gear will out dps a player wearing quest blues. The game is massively gear oriented, as are 9/10 mmos these days. It's not going to change.

+ Reply to Thread