+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple toons from differing factions on same server/cluster

Default Multiple toons from differing factions on same server/cluster

Please do something about this. Its getting pretty obvious when your WF team picks up stones..refuses to turn them in..literally runs to the other side to be killed so the stones can be carried shorter distances.

It's starting to be abused. If someone has multiple toons from different factions on same server or cluster they should be given the choice of which toon to move and what server /cluster to move them to.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Please do something about this. Its getting pretty obvious when your WF team picks up stones..refuses to turn them in..literally runs to the other side to be killed so the stones can be carried shorter distances.

It's starting to be abused. If someone has multiple toons from different factions on same server or cluster they should be given the choice of which toon to move and what server /cluster to move them to.
    Can't remember which game it was now, but another game I played had allowed multiple factions on the same server and to prevent it from becoming an issue they added lockout timers to the opposite factions so you couldn't hop over to the winning side. I think it was planetside, but not positive, it's been a while.

However what I think your describing wouldn't be so easily fixed Pinky, that sounds more like a multiple account issue if your seeing that happen on any sort of common basis, as that would be the only way the person would actively benefit from doing it.

Never seen it myself, though just as back in grade school playing football/basketball, there was always some new to the sport kid who would wind up running the wrong damn way on the field/court.

Cheers.

Forgive me if I read your post wrong. But how can someone be on two characters in differing factions on the same account in the same warfront? Not possible. Are you saying that someone goes on your faction just to help his buddies on the opposing faction?
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-01-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Rift Disciple

They would be running multiple accounts, so it would be hard to track.

I'm assuming that they could just have friends playing on the opposing faction that que at the exact same time for the exact same WF so that their friend has a better chance of winning that said WF.

There really isn't a whole lot you can do:/ Report a player for sucking/helping the opposing faction?

Maybe make a vid to show how this player is doing something against the contract that trion makes you sign and you'll win. It would be real world Pvp:P
    Proud Member of Team Avid, Guardian
    www.teamavid.com

Ascendant

I have seen people have secondary accounts of the opposite faction and then they queue them up in Black Garden late at night when you might see 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 battles and then they do pretty much nothing or sometimes feed kills to the other side.

In 4 on 4 having one person sit out is a huge disadvantage. So they basically just farm the other team.

If someone is intentionally game ruining just report them afk. Or report them period I guess that's all you can do. You have to go out of your way to do this, so seems pretty rare. I have over 1 mil favor and have never seen this happen.

Gonna play the devil's advocate on this one.

I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that someone would buy multiple accounts and level them both to 50, and then queue them both up and hope for the same warfront, and then play poorly with one character so the other character has a bit better chance of winning and getting the little prestige bonus for the win. Sounds like way too much effort and real life cash for such a tiny reward. Said player would earn more valor and prestige by actually playing normally with the character they want to advance.

Wouldn't it be way easier for that person to just stay afk on one of the accounts? Why bother taking the effort to pick up and run a shard the wrong direction? What happens if that team is actually pretty good and his attempts at hijacking the game just don't do anything? He has completely wasted 20-30 minutes and gets no win bonus for the character he wanted it on.

It could be an isolated incident, the way you mentioned. Or just some guildie who has an opposite faction level 50 and says on vent "holy crap I'm in the same WF as you lol, here have a shard." But its hardly being "abused" I've never seen this 2 months of Port Scions. I do see players not returning shards but that is for strategic reasons.

Rift Disciple

What happens is that a player belongs to a guild with a bunch of buddies, then creates a character of the opposing faction (same account; same server). The player is only playing one characer at a time, but acts to the advantage of his buddies in the opposing faction. Likely, they do the same thing for him, alternating who is going to be the scumbag for the day.

It's rare, but it does happen. If there's a way to game the system, players will find it out and do it. Short of Trion having a GM monitoring every WF or doing a whole lot of software checks on all of a player's characters every time one of them enters a WF, and comparing guild memberships of those characters, you'r enot going to stop it.

Software isn't a substitute for ethics...

Telaran

Then there is the team mate holding the shard who thinks he is superman and wants to join the battle to get the other shard back. Often it is a fail but it does happen. Way too many think it's the numbers of kills that matter and not winning the game.

TinTin i know exactly what your talkin about in fact ive been in a few of those games with you were guards run shards to defiants....I do not know why they do this for us but i do know 1 time the guy was pissed (musta been smack talk on your side) and started giving them ....since then however i have seen it more frequent as you said and it is just poor ethics

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I have seen people have secondary accounts of the opposite faction and then they queue them up in Black Garden late at night when you might see 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 battles and then they do pretty much nothing or sometimes feed kills to the other side.

In 4 on 4 having one person sit out is a huge disadvantage. So they basically just farm the other team.
    hehe, my favorite wfs are the ones where the other team has 1 to 2 more players I find it still does not give them the advantage they need.

+ Reply to Thread