+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any battlegroups 50/50 win/loss ratio?

Default Any battlegroups 50/50 win/loss ratio?

Not that I want to lose 50% of the time, but I want a battlegroup that is so close in competition that you never know who is going to win. My cluster is full of high rank Defiant premades where if you see certain names you are going to lose, and they play most of the day. We get maybe a few hours of pugs where we can actually compete.

Does this exist? Or does this ****ty premade vs. pug matching system make it impossible?

Ditto, I would like to know if there is one also.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Plane Touched

I am on sunrest, before and after patch the win/loss was around 50/50.

I play at many different times of the day.

The time of day DOES matter.

The DAY you play on also matters.

So for a week, it is 50/50. BUT on any given day or block of say 2-4 hours, the win/loss can be whatever. I have won 10 s8 and also lost 5 s8. (after 5 losses I always do something else, since it means premades are running on the opposite side and none on our side).

On good days/times we have extremely competitive matches. Just yesterday in codex: 1000 996, 1000 946 and 978 to 1000 (not in a row, just during the couple hours I was doing WFs)

Absolutely do not listen to the poster above. Sunrest is part of a cluster that is defiant premades all day every day. Goodluck.

Come to Ashstone. Though we Guardians might be out numbered, we put up a good fight and win.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Plane Touched

Battleshard has Sunrest, Seastone, Lotham, Spitescar, Faeblight, Belmont and Aedraxis all in the same cluster. Before the server merge on Seastone, Spitescar, Belmont and Aedraxis it was pretty much 50/50. Now it wasn't like defiant wins one then guardian wins one. Back then it was more like Guardian wins the late afternoon to early morning, while Defiant wins morning to late afternoon. It was mostly because of the premades on each side and when they logged on.

As of yesterday and today from my experience it is still pretty even throughout the day. Now before the merge Guardisns had 10-30 min queue times while Defiants had instant pops. After the merge, Guardians have the instant pops and Defiants have a max of 10 min queue times sometimes.

As a healer I have to say before the merge healing was a joke when it came to premade vs pug. However, now it has changed. Even the pugs now are starting to dish out some pretty good dmg, but the element that is missing for the win is the focus fire of that damage. Still, in healing a premade vs the pugs out nowadays on this battleshard it isn't a walk in the park anymore.

Ascendant

One thing I would note is that in my BG who wins often is dictated by what time it is.

At some times during the day and night it seems like we always lose and other times we can't lose at all.

Obviously if you play at the same time every day that will not matter much to you.

+ Reply to Thread