+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fulminate critting for over 10k hitpoints?

Telaran

Default Fulminate critting for over 10k hitpoints?

Yes, it's another what's up with mage's thread. I knew people have been complaining about pyro's for a while, but I never knew I could get one shotted for more than double my hitpoints. Am I reading this wrong somehow? Even ignoring the overkill, the original amount seems insane. In full rank 2 PVP gear (and so what if the guy who did this is in full rank 6.)

http://i.imgur.com/KwmDP.jpg

Is that 10,992 worth of damage in one shot?
    Last edited by Kurtdh; 06-01-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Plane Walker

Wow, I'm pretty sure that's a record. The most I ever got hit for was 7200.

Rift Disciple

In before mages flood in saying "Its fine, l2p noob!"

Era
    Champion of Telara

No, it's a 7.6k crit. The overkill amount is the amount OVER your total HP that the 7.6k did. When you were hit, you had 3716 HP left..

Also...[/flamesuit on]

To get a crit this high you require 100% charge, be specced to do maximum crit (which mages do anyway, but still), get the crit in the first place, and also likely have red ball. Other players can hit this hard without setup with their normal rotation (I've been hit for 1k by Assassinate at level 25 before).
    Last edited by Era; 06-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

ya fulminate is just insane right now.

i know ive been 1-2 shotted before from them. though i havent seen that high yet. i think the highest ive seen that killed me was 5200

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    No, it's a 7.6k crit. The overkill amount is the amount OVER your total HP that the 7.6k did. When you were hit, you had 3716 HP left..
    lolz because a 7.6k crit is so much better : )

Telaran

Hmm......can you explain this further? It's a 7.3k crit and I had 4900 hitpoints. Where does the 3638 overkill number come from?
    Last edited by Kurtdh; 06-01-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Plane Touched

Nah, yours is a 7.4k one.
    this is a 10k fulminate: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...506202905.jpg/

also, i was wearing 23-25% damage reduction from favor at the time.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charja View Post
    Nah, yours is a 7.4k one.
    this is a 10k fulminate: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...506202905.jpg/

also, i was wearing 23-25% damage reduction from favor at the time.
    Damn...3k crits with fireball too? He must be max geared to even come close to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    You must be joking. I only had 4,900 hitpoints total or so.
    You weren't at 100% health, then. This is common in warfronts after all...
    Last edited by Era; 06-01-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Telaran

Obviously fulminate needs some tweaking, but how come the developers have been so quiet about this?

Plane Touched

Damn...3k crits with fireball too? He must be max geared to even come close to that...

You weren't at 100% health, then. This is common in warfronts after all...
    He was in R6 gear. I was in r5 I believe.

What's funny is that he killed me with the 3k fireball, then I go back to fight (hence the revive heal), don't even have time to land from going down the ledge that I got hit by that, which instakilled me.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Obviously fulminate needs some tweaking, but how come the developers have been so quiet about this?
    Because a nerf would result in an outcry of mages being "uncompetitive" in PvP (yeah, sure...) before it even hit the servers or was tested properly. If nothing is said, then the community doesn't know what to expect until a compromise is worked out.

tl;dr: Pyros don't want to lose their "KILL MY TARGET NOW" button and will whine on the forums if a nerf suddenly appears.

Trion has also done very few class balance changes in hotfixes anyway...the earliest I expect it to happen is 1.3.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Nerf the Mage! Don't nerf the Red Orb! I mean, it only doubles spell power and all that! Damage stats > HP stats scaling with upgrades to Tier. If they nerfed Mage damage by 50%, they would still be able to eventually 1 shot you if that Red Orb remains in the game. But hey, keep QQing about our Damage instead of the reason it's able to be done! That's the right thing to do afterall.

On the PTR with the best Raid 1 gear I can get, including Relic weapons, I can get 1700 SP with everything popped at. With the Red Orb that's 3400 SP. Doesn't matter if you cut every Pyro damage spell in half, with I'd still 1 shot you.

Because a nerf would result in an outcry of mages being "uncompetitive" in PvP (yeah, sure...) before it even hit the servers or was tested properly. If nothing is said, then the community doesn't know what to expect until a compromise is worked out.

tl;dr: Pyros don't want to lose their "KILL MY TARGET NOW" button and will whine on the forums if a nerf suddenly appears.

Trion has also done very few class balance changes in hotfixes anyway...the earliest I expect it to happen is 1.3.
    I see 1 Pyro in every other WF. I see far more Necro/Lock and/or SC/Ele's. I don't care if you nerf the damage for PvP purposes, but Pyro isn't great in PvE and doing so would make it even worse. Sure, if they did like GW and made spells react differently in both PvP/PvE then I wouldn't really care at all, but the devs believe that makes the tool tips far to long and confusing so they don't like that idea. Instead you nerf things for PvP and it screws up PvE.

cuz all the qq'ing towards MM purge has taken the publicity
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast