+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor while leveling up?

Default Favor while leveling up?

I've just started playing pvp on my rogue alt and now that I've bought my pvp soul, and I was just wondering if there was any worthwhile gear to buy with favor while you level up? I'm not noticing anything in the pvp area of meridian, so I came here to ask!

It'd suck to have to quest to gear up, I'm really enjoying pvp (I never touched it while leveling my cleric).

Or should I just alternate grinding dungeons to get gear while focusing on pvp?
    Vae Victis

My personal advice? Don't waste any favor besides the PVP soul.

Prestige is actually easier to get than the favor to get all the P5 and P6 gear.

Oh, really? So if I save up enough just start buying the rank five pieces then?
    Vae Victis

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Oh, really? So if I save up enough just start buying the rank five pieces then?
    You could buy the rank 1/2 pieces with the favor you earn while leveling up if you spend most of your time in warfronts. I think it's worthwhile to do so, because it's decent gear to start out with and 17% damage reduction is nothing to shrug off.

After that, ya. Start saving for the rank 5/6 pieces, otherwise you're going to e rank 6 and still buying rank 5 gear. I'm about 25k prestige into rank 2 and I've got 60k favor saved up after I bought all my rank 1/2 pieces with the favor I earned while leveling. Your rank 6 chest and leg pieces are going to cost you 200k favor by themselves, with the other 3 rank 6 pieces (not counting weapons) costing ~80k each. 440k favor, and that's not counting your rank 5 gear (and the previously mentioned weapons).

As for buying gear when leveling, it's up to you. Warfront faction vendors offer some nice upgrades along the way, but you'll usually come to a point where your notoriety level isn't high enough for the gear they offer (most of the level 45 gear is like that). In the grand scheme of things, it's rather cheap. Two Port Scion wins at level 50 will recover the favor you spent on gear from faction vendors while leveling.

There are some PvP vendors at major hubs along the way, but the gear isn't great and limited to 1 or 2 slots. Save your favor till level 50, then buy the full rank 1 and 2 stuff and your PvP soul. You could save all the way to rank 5, but it's going to be extremely rough in the level 50 warfronts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    There are some PvP vendors at major hubs along the way, but the gear isn't great and limited to 1 or 2 slots. Save your favor till level 50, then buy the full rank 1 and 2 stuff and your PvP soul. You could save all the way to rank 5, but it's going to be extremely rough in the level 50 warfronts.
    I typically buy my PvP soul as soon as I have the favor to do so. Break Free is too useful for most builds to wait until 50.

Rift Disciple

Town PvP vendors sell two items every 6 levels starting at 12. (Level 12 in Kelari Refuge, Level 18 in Granite Falls, etc.)

Warfront Faction vendors sell items every 10 levels starting at 25.

If you only PvP, there's no reason not to buy them. You won't have anything else to use without dungeon and quest rewards and you will be rolling in Favor anyway. I have done nothing but WF since 10, (currently 34) have bought every available item so far, and still have 70k+ Favor in the bank. If you buy nothing, you will cap Favor long before 50.

If you PvE mostly and just WF from time to time, I would save it up, though.

Rift Chaser

Agreed with everyone who said save up.

If you love PvP for the sake of PvP (and that's why we play, yeah?) then it is worth it to get rank 1 and 2 stuff so it's not super frustrating when you hit 50 and everyone has Valor. I dunno what it's like for other classes, but as a healing cleric I really noticed a difference with around 450 valor. But...you still have to work not to get killed, especially for us since it's pretty much guaranteed that we are getting the most incoming damage from the other team.

I'm rank 3 and in no rush, so I'm just saving up now. Hope that helps.

Rift Disciple

Use the favor to buy a lvl 40 mount to save yourself some plat and get a faster mount. Otherwise just save it for 50.

How hard is it to get a lvl 50 mount out of pvp? :3
    Vae Victis

+ Reply to Thread