+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoTs Keep You In Combat

Default DoTs Keep You In Combat

Noticed bleeds at least keeping me in combat for full duration. Wasn't like this before. Is this intended? It's not very fair to non healers, having to wait up to 15 sec to drink.

I dont think its fair that I put a 16 second dot up on a rogue and 4 seconds later he is behind a wall in black garden and drinking to full health while the dot ticks away.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    I dont think its fair that I put a 16 second dot up on a rogue and 4 seconds later he is behind a wall in black garden and drinking to full health while the dot ticks away.
    Why is it not fair? He got away from you. He deserves it. Or you weren't paying much attention to him in the first place just TAB + DoTing in which case you aren't actively engaging the target therefor no "in combat" status.

Err because the little bastard thought he could stealth up and stunlock me but I got away and started killing him, so he jumps forward 20 meters and then runs double speed away. And even though he had 500 hp left and my dots would have killed him he can sit there and drink.

But I guess that would mean ruining the rogues "no risk pvp"

Rift Chaser

Err because the little bastard thought he could stealth up and stunlock me but I got away and started killing him, so he jumps forward 20 meters and then runs double speed away. And even though he had 500 hp left and my dots would have killed him he can sit there and drink.

PvP is no risk .. what do you lose if you die. Nothing .... Moving on.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

That he had to run away...kind of suggests there was risk.

It is funny how many "newish" Rogues do not understand that. They appear - think they are going to kill you - you shrug at them - they run away...lol.

A R5/6 geared Rogue... different story. But it is funny how many times you can imagine the blank look on a Rogues face - have to figure it is like purging GoS from Pyros then CC'ing them - Chloros that do not understand why they are no longer healing... etc, etc, etc.

The game needs fun things like this...lol.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    The team that wins the WF gets more Prestige/Honor than the team that loses - generally speaking. The team that gets more Prestige/Honor is likely to Rank/Gear faster. The team that wins is more likely to win over a period of time.

This can result in experiencing a painful grind if one is pursuing a PvP progression path.

So yes, you do lose something...

...just saying.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    Unless its world pvp and you have to pay for soul repair but not the rogue since he can slip away + 50 other "save my ***" skills

Rift Disciple

I don't know go hit the rogue?
    RL 50 Warrior R7 - Sublime (NOIR)~ Briarcliff
    Convict 50 Rogue R2
    Mage alt (39)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eggo View Post
    Why is it not fair? He got away from you. He deserves it. Or you weren't paying much attention to him in the first place just TAB + DoTing in which case you aren't actively engaging the target therefor no "in combat" status.
    Your contradicting your OP by acknowledging his post.
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Plane Walker

Noticed bleeds at least keeping me in combat for full duration. Wasn't like this before. Is this intended? It's not very fair to non healers, having to wait up to 15 sec to drink.
    I don't understand the OP logic. What's the difference between healers and non healers in regards to this?

Unless its world pvp and you have to pay for soul repair but not the rogue since he can slip away + 50 other "save my ***" skills
    If you spec high enough in Sin to get slip away you don't get any more save my *** skills.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

The "bleed" is their damage. Do you think it would be fair for me to heal up after a stun before the warrior could pound on me again?

Nobody should be able to drink with DOT's ticking regardless of who applied them.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

+ Reply to Thread