+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumping characters in warfronts and the dev's that let it happen.

Plane Touched

Default Jumping characters in warfronts and the dev's that let it happen.

Seriously now.... do you dev's even understand what is going on here?

Every warfront is full of jumping characters abusing the fact that jumping reduces greatly the chance to get hit.

This is just another example of how the developers gratify cleric/ranged classes against the melee arch type.

Isn't it enough that casters can reduce physical damage with any build but warriors need to spec void deeply to really get any spell mitigation?

Isn't it enough that warriors are affected more by the immunity to stuns then any other class due to the fact we run the same damn speed as everyone else but require to be in melee range (we get kited)

Isn't it enough that our dps is based upon being forced to take Strikes Like Iron, when no other class is forced to waste points?

Isn't it enough that we need to build 3 action points to use S.L.I then 3 more to burst?

So now isn't it enough that melee has to suffer range issues due to jumping buttholes... and I say "Buttholes" because their backsides are all face level.

Ok got that off my chest. Really ticks me off though how shoddy the devs are with this all.
    Last edited by Gill; 06-03-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: language

Ascendant

hmm. is it harder to hit them because of game mechanics that give a lowered chance to hit an airborne enemy, or just harder to catch up to them?

if it's the latter then you are just dealing with people that are good at pvp and nothing the devs can do about players being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post

Every warfront is full of jumping characters abusing the fact that jumping reduces greatly the chance to get hit.

This is just another example of how the developers gratify cleric/ranged classes against the melee arch type.

Isn't it enough that casters can reduce physical damage with any build but warriors need to spec void deeply to really get any spell mitigation?

Isn't it enough that warriors are affected more by the immunity to stuns then any other class due to the fact we run the same damn speed as everyone else but require to be in melee range (we get kited)

Isn't it enough that our dps is based upon being forced to take Strikes Like Iron, when no other class is forced to waste points?

Isn't it enough that we need to build 3 action points to use S.L.I then 3 more to burst?

So now isn't it enough that melee has to suffer range issues due to jumping buttholes... and I say "Buttholes" because their backsides are all face level.

Ok got that off my chest. Really ticks me off though how shoddy the devs are with this all.

so what exactly is going on when you someone jumps versus a melee class?

show a video too maybe?
    Last edited by Gill; 06-03-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

Telaran

I don't understand this, either. Can they actually jump so high that they are out of melee range? If that's the case, it's not a reduced chance to hit. It would be zero chance to hit.

Don't ***** about Void Tank, though. You are lucky that Trion has given you Void Tank as an option. Warriors don't normally get spell damage mitigation. That is a design principle that goes back to the original Dungeons and Dragons rule-set, and has been used in nearly every fantasy game in existence. Now, you want spell damage mitigation on your warrior for free. Do you see how that makes you spoiled?

Let's talk about design principles. Maybe, if you hop around like a butthole during a PVP encounter it should drain your energy. Because hopping around should make you tired.

Fallen Earth implemented a fix where you have to stop running for a second after you jump. That put an end to the jumping buttholes.

Plane Touched

I have noticed this to a certain extent but I think the effect is overblown. Jumping does seem to sometimes get palyers out of melee range and then back and then back out and then back in and then back out.

Its annoying and is a direct result of snares being nerfed into near uselessnes.

I generally run with performance insoles which solved the problem 90% of the time.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyRider View Post
    I have noticed this to a certain extent but I think the effect is overblown. Jumping does seem to sometimes get palyers out of melee range and then back and then back out and then back in and then back out.

Its annoying and is a direct result of snares being nerfed into near uselessnes.

I generally run with performance insoles which solved the problem 90% of the time.
    I don't think it is overblown if a melee misses a chance or especially two at hits. It's like doubling your GCD. This is tough considering melee classes don't have a lot of time to land a blow either because the target is about to sprint off or you are about to die from the pyro firing off the fireball out their backside.

I suspect this is a mechanics bug that the devs will fix because it's on par with the breaking LOS change against RDPS.
    Last edited by rprice; 06-01-2011 at 11:54 AM.

I think the problem is more that melee range fighters are inherently weak against almost anyone else unless they are toe to toe. How can you get around it without completely destroying other classes and making them not worth playing, though?

I play a warrior too and I've had my fill of jumping jerks that I can't seem to land a hit on, but I stopped trying to go toe to toe on them and instead took the root talents in Champion and whenever I see someone jumping around a teammate, I stop whatever I am doing and immediately bull rush him and then BI him if he manages to get out of that. It's better than trying to spin myself around knowing I may as well be spinning my own chair for how much good it will do.

Plane Touched

Every other game I played after DAOC (that didn't have people jumping around like *****, but had bad "run through" mechanic) had that stupid "jumping around". Its is ******ed, it looks ******ed, it kills immersion.

AOC had it, WAR too, although a bit less, Rift...and most every other MMO I tried

Plane Touched

So if mages are supose to beat mages then arnt warriors supose to beat rogues...... yeah where's your fken DnD logic there assclown..........

Sorry i couldn't resist

Plane Touched

Another good thing in DAOC...positional attacks...it was actually in your favor if some clown was jumping around and gave you chance to land /annihilate on him

Plane Touched

Players should be allowed to jump but it should have a cost. Like it activates the GCD. Or you can only jump every 10 seconds or so.

Or causes fatigue that slows you down. Whatever.

It is pretty out of hand. Everyone is jumping around. Looks ridiculous and is visually annoying/fatiguing. This is something I have considered canceling over. When a game is annoying it is time to stop playing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post

If you can still run through a caster to cancel their cast then jumping to cancelmelee abilities is fine.

Fix one you have to fix the other.
    Last edited by Gill; 06-03-2011 at 05:35 AM.

First we should stop all these melee characters abusing the pushback system. It takes 5 seconds to cast something when a rogue hits you 5 times per second, how could the devs let this happen. Oh and we cant hit people with our spells because the second its finnaly going to cast they run through us and get behind us.

So when you cant give us pushback and our spells can shoot out our butts and hit you behind us, the devs can stop us from jumping around.
    Last edited by GriffonHawke; 06-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    First we should stop all these melee characters abusing the pushback system. It takes 5 seconds to cast something when a rogue hits you 5 times per second, how could the devs let this happen. Oh and we cant hit people with our spells because the second its finnaly going to cast they run through us and get behind us.

So when you cant give us pushback and our spells can shoot out our butts and hit you behind us, the devs can stop us from jumping around.
    Character collision is actually good idea, but been setback on casting is OK...its VERY hard to remember right spell while some savage is trying to chop your head off with that huge 2-hand Axe of Doom, you know

Rift Chaser

Default spamming the jump button doesn't make you good.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    hmm. is it harder to hit them because of game mechanics that give a lowered chance to hit an airborne enemy, or just harder to catch up to them?

if it's the latter then you are just dealing with people that are good at pvp and nothing the devs can do about players being better.
    Exactly how does spamming the jump button make you a good player. Wow, I have the ability to recognize an exploit and use it exhaustingly so that I can succeed in PVP.

Sorry, but all that means is you play the game long enough to know how to exploit the game. The OP has a very valid point. The bunny hopping is getting a bit out of hand. Some players have the ability to leap great distances. Its kind of rediculous when the player you are supposed to be fighting can leap into and out of range repeatedly. Its just another example of how lame MMO pvp is. MMO PVP is all about one exploit vs another exploit. There is no real combat going on here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast