+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: You come across a member of the enemy faction... [Open World PVP]

Default You come across a member of the enemy faction... [Open World PVP]

I've been told I'm too soft on the enemy. Maybe I am.

What do you do when you come across a member of the enemy faction?

Are there certain situations where you wouldn't attack?

Examples:
    • You killed them already
    • They're busy killing a monster
    • They're busy killing multiple monsters
    • They're busy with a rift
    • They're busy with an invasion
    • They are busy fighting an allied NPC
    • They're a lower level
    • They're a higher level
    • They are on a mount
    • They are questing
    • They might be afk
    • You are in a party and out number them
    • They outnumber you
    • They just ported/logged in
    • They are running away
    • You are busy with quests

Or is it just KOS screw their situation? ^^

I enjoy PVP but I don't want to be a ******. I've had guildies tell me I'm too soft for letting enemies live but I've also had several people rage quit after I killed them just once. What do?

Plane Walker

Well, I'm not on a PvP server, but my general rule of thumb is I just look to see if they have the "PvP flag wearing off" buff.

If so, I just give them the benefit of the doubt that they got flagged on accident by a faction NPC or some such, and leave them alone. If they don't have the buff, it means they were/are looking for trouble. I'll happily oblige.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Discretion is only necessary if it borderlines trolling imho.
    (i call it pvp trolling since there is no official griefing in world pvp).

I will always attack the other faction, like most world PvP'ers: "red is dead".
    For same level, i will always attack them regardless of what they are doing; afk, fighting, walking around aimlessly. Etc, they do the same to me. the ONLY time i don't attack same level is common sense situations like they greatly outnumber me, or im too busy to care. I don't pvp troll, like body camp/graveyard camp or crap like that. But I will be happy to fight the same guy over and over if he wishes, chases me down, tries to camp me, etc.

However, i will hold back if i am in a low level zone... i will only kill if they seem confrontational, ganging up on a fellow faction member or i am feeling particularly cruel.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Ascendant

Playing on a pvp server, I rarely ever attack anyone unless its someone I know from past experience will more than likely try to take me out. Otherwise, I usually don't mess with opposing faction unless they mess with me.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

• They're a lower level

• They might be afk

My only reasons to not attack.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

if its red its dead, they should known what they are getting into when they join a PVP server just remember to make sure their health bar is green or else you wont get credit for the kill (in favor/prestige)

I have a 2 gank policy, if i gank you twice within few a minutes (if i remember your name) i will leave you alone unless you say something stupid in /yell then that automatically deserves a third gank.

I usually try to stick to players that are around my level, unless im just in one of those moods then screw em all they are my enemy! but i try not to go looking for lowbies (like i refuse to go gank in stonefield/scarlet gorge).

I use to always be against ganking but to be honest sometimes its the only way to get world PVP going, maybe if Trion ever decides to add RVR I will stop ganking.
    Last edited by Apoth; 06-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Poem View Post

Examples:
    • They're a lower level Depends on how much lower, and if I recognize their guild tag.
    • They're a higher level Depends how much higher, and how badly I despise them/their guild.
    • They are on a mount
    • They are questing
    • They might be afk Would have to be pretty obviously AFK.
    • They outnumber you ^ Both dependant on too many factors to be as simple as that.
    • They are running away
    • You are busy with quests Dependant on how much risk the quest is to me, as to whether or not I want to kick something off while I'm trying to complete it.

Cheers.

Ascendant

First off:
    -If their health bar isnt green, I will probably never attack them, unless I know them from ganking or a guild I dont like or something.
    -If its a guardian leveling Bot, its dead, **** them I need kills for the zone related pvp stuff and what do they care, they arent even there.
    -During an invasion, I wont start ****, but I will defend myself, and after the boss dies, it usually becomes a big brawl anyways.

Besides that, its all more of a mood thing, usually I'm just busy doing some achievement or quest or something and my spec kills slow, so even if I do win, its just a big chunk of time I'd rather have used for what I was already doing. If they take an artifact like right in front of me though...well then we might have a problem.

I don't disagree with the red is dead mentality but I don't attack unless I know that they PvP. I won't mess with the PvE'r's unless they out number me, or i'm in a raid. Under 50 they get a pass, unless they attack or I'm in a raid and their in the way.

I got to say from what world PvP I have seen so far I can't wait for world PvP to get going on a regular basis. Warfronts are great in the down time, but nothing beats world PvP in large numbers. If you have yet to experience it in this game just know that it is nothing like warfronts. It's worth waiting for if you love the overall parts of PvP strategy.

Rift Chaser

Default If its red its dead: "doesn't get any simpler to understand than that"

Quote Originally Posted by Poem View Post

Examples:
    • They're a lower level
    • They're a higher level
    • They are on a mount
    • They are questing
    • They might be afk
    • They outnumber you
    • They are running away

Or is it just KOS screw their situation? ^^

I enjoy PVP but I don't want to be a ******. I've had guildies tell me I'm too soft for letting enemies live but I've also had several people rage quit after I killed them just once. What do?
    The fact that you waste time making all these rediculous rules of when its OK to kill someone in and "OPEN WORLD PVP GAME" is very distressing. It demonstrates that MMO players don't really understand the concept of PVP and they keep confusing carebear PVE thought processess into the PVP arena.

Let me maike this simpler for you. If its red its dead. There is absoluetely no excuse for not engaging the enemy. It doesn't matter what level he is or what he is trying to do. If its red its dead. I really don't understand why this concept is so difficult for MMO players to handle. If your not going to play the game right then move to a pve server where you won't have this dilemma.

Just add this to the myriad of "unwritten rules" you MMO players love to create.

Ascendant

KOS. **** em.

if there is a group of em, I try to find one I think I can take out quick then vanish away.

if its two of them, I sap the higher hp one and take out the other then vanish away.

if its a lowbie I try to see how many hits it takes so I open with assassinate. I only do lowbies one time though, I won't sit there camping or killing them every time I see them if I'm in the area farming, for example.

Rift Chaser

Default PVP Trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Discretion is only necessary if it borderlines trolling imho.
    (i call it pvp trolling since there is no official griefing in world pvp).

I will always attack the other faction, like most world PvP'ers: "red is dead".
    For same level, i will always attack them regardless of what they are doing; afk, fighting, walking around aimlessly. Etc, they do the same to me. the ONLY time i don't attack same level is common sense situations like they greatly outnumber me, or im too busy to care. I don't pvp troll, like body camp/graveyard camp or crap like that. But I will be happy to fight the same guy over and over if he wishes, chases me down, tries to camp me, etc.

However, i will hold back if i am in a low level zone... i will only kill if they seem confrontational, ganging up on a fellow faction member or i am feeling particularly cruel.
    There you go again with these BS imaginary rules. Do you not understand the concept of PVP. There is no rules, no caviats to when to kill the enemy. We have no obligation to the RED. We have no need to enhance there fun factor in the game. I will do everything in my power to destroy red at all cost. That is the point. If your a lowbie you will get pummeled until you get smart and stop coming back. If you are solo and I am in a group; Same thing. I fully expect the same thing from RED. It irks me to no end to see how big a P#&&$^% most of you MMO players truly are. I don't care if I am by myself. I will engage a group of red just to let them know that no place is safe. If I manage to score a kill before getting killed myself, then I dd my job. There is no real penalty for death so there is no reason to not engage ALWAYS.

Rift Chaser

I have recently taken up a vow to attack red onsight. I use to just go about my own business and leave them alone, but F that. Red is dead. I dont spawn camp because that bores me not because its a rule of mine. I do what I do and when I see red I go bull on their *****.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Plane Touched

If its red its dead.

The more aggressive you are the better you'll find yourself playing in pvp. Force yourself to be a proactive player and not a reactive player.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

Prophet of Telara

Generally I go by 'red its dead'

However, I also subscribe to the concept of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'...
    So if I'm wanting to spend time in the area, and they're ignoring me and happily pveing away... I'll do whatever it is I wanted to get done there first, before stirring the pot. Unless I'm not in any hurry... in which case I'll try to do both at the same time.

But outside of that... I don't corpse camp, and I won't kill someone more than a couple times in an area if I'm going back and forth through an area repeatedly. Level doesn't matter to me at all, nor does it matter if they're engaged or not (though I'll usually try to help finish the mob first so I can get kill credit).
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast