+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Viable PvP spec?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb Viable PvP spec?

    I know everyone says Champ/Para/Vind but i was just thinking if i could get the 5%str bonus(Per pact) and the extra 4%damage (Per pact) from Reckless Strike. Thats 40% more damage and 50% more strength with 100% upkeep. Take a look at this spec please and give me your feedback
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...zz.E0tohV0M.xc

  2. #2
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    It's +4% damage per pact for Reckless Strike, not from Reckless Strike.

    In other words, it only applies to Reckless Strike and is no reason to spec into VK.

    That spec is... messy. Try it out, but at first glance it's gonna give you some headaches and really won't be very effective.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default baddie alert

    Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    It's +4% damage per pact for Reckless Strike, not from Reckless Strike.

    In other words, it only applies to Reckless Strike and is no reason to spec into VK.

    That spec is... messy. Try it out, but at first glance it's gonna give you some headaches and really won't be very effective.
    Don't listen to the above guy. VK/Champ/Para is the best warfront build out there. I'm a pvp warrior running it and i can burst down any average geared player in 2-3 GCDs. Also Devouring strike provides huge 1k+ manaburns for healers and i have +50% armor and 5% magic dmg reduction AND a purge. reckless does 30% more damage with 10 pacts than Power strike. im 18vk/31champ/17para.

  4. #4
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    If you're set on Champ/Para/VK, try this one: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...z.E0x0hVz.gc0o

    Quick and dirty, but covers all the basics. Obvious fail for that soul combo is that you get just one CC break for movement only with a 30s CD. Try not to fight any rogues.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 06-01-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocco View Post
    I know everyone says Champ/Para/Vind but i was just thinking if i could get the 5%str bonus(Per pact) and the extra 4%damage (Per pact) from Reckless Strike. Thats 40% more damage and 50% more strength with 100% upkeep. Take a look at this spec please and give me your feedback
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...zz.E0tohV0M.xc

    im confused if ur using a 2hander or 2 1handers.. either way, specs not good. and youll have alot of trouble getting packs, you need atleast 11points into VK the min requirements
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

    1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

  6. #6
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    im confused if ur using a 2hander or 2 1handers.. either way, specs not good. and youll have alot of trouble getting packs, you need atleast 11points into VK the min requirements
    He's 2hander, but throwing some points away in Paragon (like Force of Will) since the only follow-up he'll have is rising Waterfall (Hurricane and Raptor are dual-wield only).

    This is an approximation of what I run (@work, don't remember the specifics): http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...VxxMh0z.E0czoM

    Good from range with a little extra burst when you close (Bash). Riftwalk/Planar Blade means you'll pretty much never be CCd and will always be able to close gaps (more of an issue now with snare DR/immunities). Also covers the Champ bases with Lingering Wounds and Battlefield Intimidation. Lingering Wounds with 2 ranged, AE, off-GCD finishers is owny.

    It is, however, mainly designed for fighting melee (hence the emphasis on parrying) and has no defense against mages. 1v1 against a decent mage and you'll get chewed up pretty good.

    In the end, everyone likes different builds. I'd highly recommend developing your own build and not just copying one of the generic forum builds or trying to change your playstyle to fit what someone tells you is the "best" build.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 06-01-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default lol

    Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    He's 2hander, but throwing some points away in Paragon (like Force of Will) since the only follow-up he'll have is rising Waterfall (Hurricane and Raptor are dual-wield only).

    This is an approximation of what I run (@work, don't remember the specifics): http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...VxxMh0z.E0czoM

    Good from range with a little extra burst when you close (Bash). Riftwalk/Planar Blade means you'll pretty much never be CCd and will always be able to close gaps (more of an issue now with snare DR/immunities). Also covers the Champ bases with Lingering Wounds and Battlefield Intimidation. Lingering Wounds with 2 ranged, AE, off-GCD finishers is owny.

    It is, however, mainly designed for fighting melee (hence the emphasis on parrying) and has no defense against mages. 1v1 against a decent mage and you'll get chewed up pretty good.

    In the end, everyone likes different builds. I'd highly recommend developing your own build and not just copying one of the generic forum builds or trying to change your playstyle to fit what someone tells you is the "best" build.
    I tear a p6 mage apart in a few seconds, come play with me sometime, I'm on kaleida~

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts