+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank 4 weapon worth it? Should I wait?

Default Rank 4 weapon worth it? Should I wait?

I'm about to hit rank 5 on my rogue and currently have a mix of r2, r3, and r4 gear. The weapons I'm using are the crafted purples, Hawk's talon and some axe plus "tempered blade" purple that dropped in a WF.

Presently have like 5000 favor. Do yall think it's worth it to get the r4 bow or just wait til r6?

Seems like I'm behind the gear curve, dying faster and killing slower

i bought full r1/2 set on my rogue and a crafted epic bow, my melee weapons are blue and will stay as such until r6.

Personally on my Rogue, i stayed in R2 gear, and only got the bow, now currently hording up favor, if i get to the cap, I'll buy a rank 4 piece if i'm not at R5 yet.

I am using the crafted dagger/axe and Rank 4 bow.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Sounds like two votes in favor of "wait." Unless I hit the cap, which is not likely considering only have 5000 favor.

Plane Touched

If you can spare the favor, I'd buy whichever weapon is to your spec. Get the bow or the daggers honestly. I bought them both just for the fact I'd like to actually hit hard while I'm grinding to r6.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

I got rank 1 and 2 gear....for rank 3/4 I bought only the weapon, and I am glad I did. It'll get a LOT of use before I get the rank 6 weapon.

I'm a cleric. Just to be clear.

But going rank 4 to 6 is a LONG way to go compared to from rank 1 to 4.

I figure I am getting my money's worth out of it, and I would say "yes" for the wepaon specifically.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Rift Chaser

you're gonna acquire more then enough favor to be able the buy the weapon and still have enough gained by the time your each your next rank to buy the other things as well. If you were to go for a weapon of equal value that you get from pve A: you're giving up the crit rating for the hit rating on pve weapons, B: drop rates (t2 or raids give equal or greater dps then pvp, t2-rank4).

Shadowlander

Check the AH and buy a 36dps Bow if there's one available, plat is less valuable than favor if you'll be pvping mostly.
    Last edited by UKForce; 06-01-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Takedown - lvl 50-R5 Rogue
    Force - lvl 50-R4 Warrior
    Judgemental - lvl 50-R4 Cleric
    BarbieQ - lvl 50-R1 Mage

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

If the weapons are an upgrade, use them. Most of your damage comes from weapons. (A lot of abilities are weapon damage + something).

When I upgraded, I noticed a significant increase in my TTK.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Ascendant

If you PVE, you can get the T2 equivalents pretty easily. It takes a LOT of favor to buy the R6 ones and the other items. I wouldn't get them unless they're a major upgrade.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I'm about to hit rank 5 on my rogue and currently have a mix of r2, r3, and r4 gear. The weapons I'm using are the crafted purples, Hawk's talon and some axe plus "tempered blade" purple that dropped in a WF.

Presently have like 5000 favor. Do yall think it's worth it to get the r4 bow or just wait til r6?

Seems like I'm behind the gear curve, dying faster and killing slower
    Up to you, i dont think the weapons will be that much of an upgrade for u compared with what u currently have. Making favor is as u know slow, so just save it till r5 when u start buying ur endgame parts
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Depends on your queues. Depends on how often you win. Depends on how often you play.

ie, how long do you think you will have that weapon (and do you do anything else that would provide a similar alternative)...etc.

When I hit R6, I had earned around 604k lifetime Favor. Which would not be enough to buy the full R5/6 set w/weapon. It did not help that I had 76k Favor at that time, with two pieces of R5 gear.

I was almost R5 when the increased Favor patch went in, so I had been earning less Favor than people do today. This also means that I had bought gear at a higher Favor cost from the R2-3-4 set, that was now part of the R1-2 set and much cheaper. Rings, Gloves, and Boots ended up falling into the Trion may jack you at some point policy they have. I replaced the R1 Rings, Gloves, and Boots (that I never bought) with the R3-4 pieces (gloves/boots later with the R5 pieces). I replaced my Herald pants with the R1 pants. I replaced my WE staff with the R4 staff.

Yep, so as my guy hit R6: R3 Helm, R4 Shoulders, R4 Robes, R5 Gloves, R3 Belt, R1 Legs, R5 Feet, R4 Staff, R3 Neck, 2x R4 Rings.

To complete the R5/R6 set, it will require:
    2x R5 rings - 100k
    R5 belt - 60k
    R6 robes - 106k
    R6 helm - 85k
    R6 pants - 106k
    R6 neck - 74k
    R6 shoulders - 106k
    R6 weapon - 128k

765k Favor (885k for the full set +120k for the gloves/boots I already have)... again, I currently have 77k Favor. My lifetime Favor is 605k.

What is the current value of the PvP gear he is wearing or has in the bank?
    R3 helm (29k), R4 shoulders (39k), R4 robes (48k), R5 gloves (60k), R3 belt (22k), R1 legs (16k), R5 feet (60k), R4 staff (80k), 2x R4 rings (36k), R3 neck (25k), 2x R1 rings (16k), R1 gloves (9k), R1 boots (9k).

That is around 449k Favor. Knock off 2k (rounded down because of all the odd numbers) for the PvP soul. So that is around 447k Favor. Lifetime Favor...605k. Yep, the patch that changed the gear cost me 158k Favor. Keep in mind, this was prepatch Favor - so it was not as easy to come by as it is now.

My bad, I also spent 8k on the Vanguard wand - so 150k.

890k Prestige from R1-R6. Around 885k+ for the full R5-R6 set (2H weapon). Could spend another 10k for the Seekers trink (I went with the WE trink).

All in all, if I had to do it over again now... I would run a mix of T1/T2's before doing any PvP and not buy any Prestige gear below R5...

...definitely better than looking at having to earn more Favor than I did between 3/20 (dinged 50) and 5/29 (hit R6)...

...just my feelings on the matter.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I'm glad I bought the r4 gear (although I still wear r1 rings and boots). It's enough to not have trouble vs. anything in a warfront, so I'm having a blast on my way up to r6 and that's the most important part for me.

I don't think I'd enjoy pvp this much with a major difference in equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    Personally on my Rogue, i stayed in R2 gear, and only got the bow, now currently hording up favor, if i get to the cap, I'll buy a rank 4 piece if i'm not at R5 yet.

I am using the crafted dagger/axe and Rank 4 bow.
    I don't know if they fixed this, but I was able to buy the rank 3 gear before I could wear it, and that's what I'm planning on doing once I get my rank 4 weapon, but I'm having second thongs since I'm halfway to rank 5 and I want the favor to buy some rank 5 gear, but anyway, I'm sure you can buy higher ranked gear, you just can't wear it.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Telaran

Default Well...

I'm currently R4, I've decided to run with my R1/2 gear (full set) and I bought the two Rank 4 Daggers. Now all my favor is being saved for the R6 weapons, then the R5/6 Armor.

The damage difference with the new weapons was definetely noticable. Midway through Rank 5 now, I'm not regretting the purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast