+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mounts should be removed from WF's

Prophet of Telara

Default Mounts should be removed from WF's

Why? To slow the game down and make things like Bard support and mobility builds pay off more. Instead of everyone having a counter to a highly mobile flag runner build, people will have to consider making a build specifically to catch runners, and you will see more diversity in what people play (ie, damage and/or healing won't be the only factors, utility will help as well). People will actually have to pay attention and try to stop carriers from exiting the base, because it won't be so easy to mount up and catch them after a 30 second re-spawn timer. Separating people from the run-group will become more of an advantage because they can't just mount up and be back with their group in 10 seconds, etc etc.

Just seeing what people think...said this in a WF the other day and everybody seemed to like the idea.

bad idea is bad

only rogues have the mobility to catch rogues...

or is that what you are after? You don't want to be run down by someone on a mount?

confused here, I think they should allow mounts in Black Garden! :P
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    bad idea is bad

only rogues have the mobility to catch rogues...

or is that what you are after? You don't want to be run down by someone on a mount?

confused here, I think they should allow mounts in Black Garden! :P
    Wasn't really my initial thought, but now that I think about it, that makes it an even better idea. Rogues would bring some good utility to the fight then, since most of their shard running abilities just got nerfed. A bard would be almost required for every WF. Since most other classes are required most of the time, this would be a good thing. My builds are mostly about killing, so I don't get run down by mounts. I just kill the idiots trying to catch my runner, and kill their runners...with my mount, half of the time after a long respawn timer, which is silly. Not enough punishment for dying.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-01-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Rogue's shard running capabilities are fine, you just can't go damage immune to pick up the flag or to survive until your next plane shift / sprint is available.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Bad idea.

I'm already almost unstoppable with the flag runner build.
    If they can't use mounts... oh boy... I would feel dirty...
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Why? To slow the game down and make things like Bard support and mobility builds pay off more. Instead of everyone having a counter to a highly mobile flag runner build, people will have to consider making a build specifically to catch runners, and you will see more diversity in what people play (ie, damage and/or healing won't be the only factors, utility will help as well). People will actually have to pay attention and try to stop carriers from exiting the base, because it won't be so easy to mount up and catch them after a 30 second re-spawn timer. Separating people from the run-group will become more of an advantage because they can't just mount up and be back with their group in 10 seconds, etc etc.

Just seeing what people think...said this in a WF the other day and everybody seemed to like the idea.
    I agree with you. Mounts should be removed from all WFs. Bard run speed buff should scale up to 70 or 90% rather than capping at such a slow amount.

Bring back daoc speed bards!

Ascendant

Snares are on DR...this would never work.

Not to mention most mobility stuff is highly concentrated onto one single calling.

Telaran

Let my MM shoot from his mount, over his shoulder, in Warfronts, Genghis Khan style.

Ascendant

Players shouldn't be allowed to use abilities in warfronts.

From now on, auto-attack onry.

Including mages.

That is all.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    I agree with you. Mounts should be removed from all WFs. Bard run speed buff should scale up to 70 or 90% rather than capping at such a slow amount.

Last MMO I played was DAoC, so maybe that's why we agree on this...

i've hated mounts ever since they were introduced into mmos. i fully agree that the utility that classes bring like bards for speed is just nullified by a stupid mount that everyone has access to.

make mounts only work outside of warfronts. this would be a perfect solution. why is it that a tank just has to strap on a shield and he can magically block a lot more damage, or a cleric can just strap on a healing spec, and heal all day long, while a bard who wants to help his team out by providing run speed, is just useless because everyone already has max speed by summoning their mount?

good luck in attempting to justify to remove them however. won't ever happen.

just another reason why daoc had it right. giving certain classes utility and dividing them into importance roles is a GOOD thing. developers can't seem to figure this one out.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Bad idea.

I'm already almost unstoppable with the flag runner build.
    If they can't use mounts... oh boy... I would feel dirty...
    Can we ride rogues as a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post

I love you
    Kozo
    50 Rogue
    Sorry About Your Village
    Wolfsbane Guardian

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/Paintedtarget/stormtroopermex.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by princehal View Post
    Let my MM shoot from his mount, over his shoulder, in Warfronts, Genghis Khan style.

I would have to agree on this that would be totally awesome!
    Women who seek to be equal to men.... Lack ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    I would have to agree on this that would be totally awesome!
    Yea and then let me ride my mount while throwing cinderbursts and fireballs. Oh and my Valmera should be able to bite people for 1000 damage, it is almost a lion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    i've hated mounts ever since they were introduced into mmos. i fully agree that the utility that classes bring like bards for speed is just nullified by a stupid mount that everyone has access to.

make mounts only work outside of warfronts. this would be a perfect solution. why is it that a tank just has to strap on a shield and he can magically block a lot more damage, or a cleric can just strap on a healing spec, and heal all day long, while a bard who wants to help his team out by providing run speed, is just useless because everyone already has max speed by summoning their mount?

good luck in attempting to justify to remove them however. won't ever happen.

just another reason why daoc had it right. giving certain classes utility and dividing them into importance roles is a GOOD thing. developers can't seem to figure this one out.

Yea. Because paladin is a tanking spec, warden is a healing spec, and bard is a party-runspeed-increasing spec. You act like your one little run speed fanfare is the core of bard purpose and functionability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast