+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looting in warfronts/PVP?

Soulwalker

Default Looting in warfronts/PVP?

Okay so I'm new to this game and maybe this really isn't an issue in the long run. However, it is something that has bothered me.

There must be some better way to provide "loot" in PVP. Requiring us to loot the corpses is kind of counter-productive when our focus should be on fighting the enemy. It isn't like PVE where you are kind of facing one enemy at a time and moving forward fairly slowly. You dont' really have time to loot, in my opinion, and yet in the warfront the ground can be literally covered with sparkling bodies. Now most of the time they just have money and some junk, but actual equipment items do drop off of PVP kills...it just bothers me to think about those items that aren't getting looted, but at the same time it bothers me just as much to think about running over to a body to loot it when I should be focused on the PVP.

Perhaps all of the gear from PVP kills can be autolooted? Or held off until the end of a warfront and then distributed/rolled on then?

As an aside, since I am fairly new with this game. What are the rewards associated with warfronts? THere are some quests I picked up in sanctum to win matches, but what else do I get when I win matches? I haven't noticed like receiving a currency like with rifts...so I'm not really sure what the point is.
    Last edited by DrWookie; 06-01-2011 at 07:36 AM.

You kill all the bad guys, while they respawn/run back wait on res timers (warfronts) you loot all the shiney bodies.

i do not see the problem here.

Soulwalker

Granted maybe future warfronts work differently, because I've only done the first one (forget the name), but I never really seem to have a moment where all of the bad guys are dead. At least not that i've noticed.

The times where I decide I'm going to loot corpses I feel guilty because it usually means me running around to bodies when what I should be doing is attacking the enemy. Maybe I'm just bad at multitasking, but it just seems like an unnecessary and counter-productive system.

I guess I should mention I'm a marksman so maybe it just seems even worse in my situation since I usually kill someone from far away...so if their body starts to sparkle it always involves me running over to the corpse, which is typically in the direction of the enemy which is not where I wanted to be headed as a marksman.

My favorite thing is when I'm in a "kill or be killed" situation and suddenly have 5 need/greed rolls pop up. Then I can't see ****. Annoying as hell.

So, yeah looting should be changed. Make the loot tokens like plaques that we can spend on pvp essences, runes, weapons, or HEALTH POTS. I go through 20 health pots a day and have had to switch to to 1900 health pots 'cause the others are so damn expensive. Edit to add: make the looting automatic. No need/greed rolls please.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 06-01-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Soulwalker

In a semi-related topic can anyone explain to me what the purpose of the Warfronts are? So there is some minor loot, and I still gain experience, and there are a few repeatable quests. Am I generating some sort of currency that I can use to buy stuff? Am I benefiting in some other way that I haven't noticed? Like what is the difference between winning and losing, aside from completing the quests that say "Win X amount of warfronts"?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DrWookie View Post
    In a semi-related topic can anyone explain to me what the purpose of the Warfronts are? So there is some minor loot, and I still gain experience, and there are a few repeatable quests. Am I generating some sort of currency that I can use to buy stuff? Am I benefiting in some other way that I haven't noticed? Like what is the difference between winning and losing, aside from completing the quests that say "Win X amount of warfronts"?
    Participating in warfronts earns Favor which is currency that can be used to buy PvP gear.

Soulwalker

Oh okay thanks! I didn't see like actual loot get generated (like planarite) so I wasn't sure. I thought maybe 'favor' was just like standing with a faction or something.

Ascendant

More importantly, why do you have to dismount in order to loot a player, but you can loot a mob as you ride by?

Rift should pick up the auto-loot in pvp setting that WAR uses, obviously loot would have to be distributed after the player releases, since you do have to force respawn, but otherwise it should be automatic.

Rift Chaser

Default Looting in warfronts is quite simple "NEED EVERYTHNG"

Unless you are in a PREMADE the rule of thumb is to need everything unless you just don't want it. That seems to be the overwhelming philosophy that I have adapted from other players and that is what I follow.

Essentially everyone in warfronts are pugs and therefore we have no idea what everyone has/needs etc and there is no time to be checking all that crap. Its quite simple. Everyone just needs and the gear fall where it may. I basically never win anything so I am quite certain that everyone is doing the same. Its just simpler that way.

In essesnce Trion should just take the whole need greed mechanic out of warfronts altogether and just make it a straight up roll for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    My favorite thing is when I'm in a "kill or be killed" situation and suddenly have 5 need/greed rolls pop up. Then I can't see ****. Annoying as hell.

So, yeah looting should be changed. Make the loot tokens like plaques that we can spend on pvp essences, runes, weapons, or HEALTH POTS. I go through 20 health pots a day and have had to switch to to 1900 health pots 'cause the others are so damn expensive. Edit to add: make the looting automatic. No need/greed rolls please.
    Heh. That and when you click a flag to flip it and then realize you wasted 2 seconds force respawning someone instead.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bltzkrieg666 View Post
    Unless you are in a PREMADE the rule of thumb is to need everything unless you just don't want it. That seems to be the overwhelming philosophy that I have adapted from other players and that is what I follow.

Essentially everyone in warfronts are pugs and therefore we have no idea what everyone has/needs etc and there is no time to be checking all that crap. Its quite simple. Everyone just needs and the gear fall where it may. I basically never win anything so I am quite certain that everyone is doing the same. Its just simpler that way.

In essesnce Trion should just take the whole need greed mechanic out of warfronts altogether and just make it a straight up roll for everyone.
    It's not the "need/greed" thing that bothers me, it's the requirement to walk over to a corpse and loot it that i don't like. PVP should be autoloot, so we don't have to loot corpses when we should be kicking A**

Soulwalker

I liked the ability in WAR to preset your need/greed choices. This eliminated the problem with need/greed windows popping up on your screen during a fight. Add in an auto-loot feature and Warfronts would be great. You'd only have to worry about killing and getting killed. After it's over, you can check your inventory to see what you got.

+ Reply to Thread