+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prestige Ranks - Gear Gathering - PVP fun?

Default Prestige Ranks - Gear Gathering - PVP fun?

Hi All,

I recently hit my lv50 on monday, had terrible connection issues last night, but after eventually gettin on towards the end of the day, i tried my hand at the PVP (Painful Very Painful)

I to do notice that I am spose to be High Burst Damage being a Sin Rogue like..... but i May aswell be a level 10 squishy :P Boom Bang , dam im dead ....

But I still managed to get all the Rank 1 PvP armor items for my toon in pretty much a day.... Now I need to farm PS so I can get rank to even use weapons, and buy them.

I like this idea, every1 says its to easy to get the gear, just stick it out, and you can buy it... But ... I like the fact a Lone player, who isnt in a guild, and doesnt run Premades, is able to get Rank 6 gear, after a limited amount of time! Then if he does happen to meet another Rank 6 geared opponent in the World running around, he has the same chance then at a win, because its 1v1, and hes had the same oppourtunity to get the same gear as the guy whos in the premade pvp farming guild...

And you all moan about its spose to be skill, not gear.... Spend a little time, get ur gear, and show your skill!

I know im gettin pounded on, but hopefully in a few weeks maybe, I will be the badass in rank 6 gear owning green wearing lv50s in 1-2 hits , and saying to myself, SHWEEEEET :P

eventually every1 hits lv50 R6 gear... then we have 30 people mashing it up all equally geared? and then the wf is purely down to skill/tactics and im guessing thats where the fun kicks in

Small!
    We all owe the Gods a death, but I have no plans of dying today!

Plane Walker

I got 1M favor with the old system that rewarded about a third of favor that what this patch is giving. Perseverance is the name of the game for new players. Learning to keep yourself alive and help your team a good way to start your PvP career. A dead dps is not a good dps, neither a dead healer is a good healer.

Have fun

Rift Master

8hours - 10hours per day : over a month to R6 gear.

Gear should reward skill not time like the old WoW PvP grind.

In fact PvP gear should never give any player more than a 10% advantage over players in no PvP gear at all.

PvP in Rift:

Part 1: You MUST be a Masochist.

Part 2: You MUST be a Sadist.
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-01-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallpackage View Post
    Hi All,

I recently hit my lv50 on monday, had terrible connection issues last night, but after eventually gettin on towards the end of the day, i tried my hand at the PVP (Painful Very Painful)

I to do notice that I am spose to be High Burst Damage being a Sin Rogue like..... but i May aswell be a level 10 squishy :P Boom Bang , dam im dead ....

But I still managed to get all the Rank 1 PvP armor items for my toon in pretty much a day.... Now I need to farm PS so I can get rank to even use weapons, and buy them.

I like this idea, every1 says its to easy to get the gear, just stick it out, and you can buy it... But ... I like the fact a Lone player, who isnt in a guild, and doesnt run Premades, is able to get Rank 6 gear, after a limited amount of time! Then if he does happen to meet another Rank 6 geared opponent in the World running around, he has the same chance then at a win, because its 1v1, and hes had the same oppourtunity to get the same gear as the guy whos in the premade pvp farming guild...

And you all moan about its spose to be skill, not gear.... Spend a little time, get ur gear, and show your skill!

I know im gettin pounded on, but hopefully in a few weeks maybe, I will be the badass in rank 6 gear owning green wearing lv50s in 1-2 hits , and saying to myself, SHWEEEEET :P

eventually every1 hits lv50 R6 gear... then we have 30 people mashing it up all equally geared? and then the wf is purely down to skill/tactics and im guessing thats where the fun kicks in

Small!
    You are a sin rogue, can i ask how deep in sin you are? Being a melee rogue (esp without a healing debuff) in a crowdy warfront serves your team no good. Sure you could probl bug a healer but if the opposing team plays right, they will shut you out. I suggest picking up MM for warfronts as it's much more profitable, you can make faster switches and cause harness (aoe damage) from afar, something you need since you are a greenie (newly dinged). If you really must play melee rogue in WF then pick up 32 sin 34 nightblade 0 bladedancer, that is one of the best melee rogue pvp specs as of today.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

+ Reply to Thread