+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rift pvp will not change for at least 3-4 months if ever

Default Rift pvp will not change for at least 3-4 months if ever

these are direct quotes from developers thay can all be found on Dev tracker

Unfortunately we all have various priorities and in the previous development cycle PvP was not an area we were focusing on. (so the big ads you put out were blatant lies to scab money off pvp players)

As soon as we finish making some key decisions for upcoming updates you'll be the first to know about any intended changes for PvP, with more specifics on what we're working on both short term and long term.
    ( so far all thay have done is talk about it)

In the long-term, we've mostly talked about what could we do to support more overland, shared PVP, because that's generally the sort of thing you need world space for. And world space is something that takes months to build. (so basically thay have done nothing but merge 1 BG cluster and do alot of *talking* and its going to be months before any content)

so you lied when releasing the game ..fact..
    i fully expect this thread to be removed in minutes like the last ones ive posted as it seems trion is still trying to scab a few more months of subs from pvpers

Also wanted to add my grandfather is a lawyer and ive given him copies of all the info trion released on rift pvp and then what was stated after the game went live to see if thay broke any laws.

It will take a few weeks for him to look at it since hes a very busy person

Im not a lawyer so this last part may not be technically correct but you wil lget the gist

He will find out if thay have broken any laws buy misleading their customers and if so he will be happy to make a class action against trion

Slater & Gordon FTW no win no fee

Plane Walker

You're wasting your grandfather's time. The game has open world PvP. It just doesn't have much in terms of open world PvP objectives (or reasons to PvP in the open world, besides minor skirmishes).

I don't recall any big ad campaigns by Trion peddling Rift as the next big thing in PVP.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Destructiveurges View Post
    Also wanted to add my grandfather is a lawyer and ive given him copies of all the info trion released on rift pvp and then what was stated after the game went live to see if thay broke any laws.

It will take a few weeks for him to look at it since hes a very busy person

Im not a lawyer so this last part may not be technically correct but you wil lget the gist

He will find out if thay have broken any laws buy misleading their customers and if so he will be happy to make a class action against trion

Slater & Gordon FTW no win no fee
    Are u serious? If you are then wow, just sad. Trion did advertise PvP, and everything they advertised happened.. you can do the exact same things as we were told in the beginning. Problem was that the content was to small and people got quickly bored, but that doesnt have anything to do with what was promised in the first place. I am assuming you're joking, so I'll just leave it there.

As for the OP, yeah that was kinda expected. For many Rift is just the "foreplay" till gw2 or swtor comes out, and the longer they wait with their launch the longer people are going to play rift (such as myself).
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiraDqzQYU

their pvp ad

like i said i dont know if he can but he will look into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiraDqzQYU

their pvp ad

like i said i dont know if he can but he will look into it
    So you were serious.. everything in that video has been implemented. What excactly is your point?
    Last edited by Ayronamic; 06-01-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

there are laws in regards to the way companies advertise

so ya i am serious but i might just be a jilted customer that has no right to complain but theres no harm in having somone professional to take a looksie

besides his house is huge and i get stuck being his gardner (am a tradie so 1 day a week im at his house cause hes a nice old bastard) so he owes me some look at this and let me know time
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 06-01-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Plane Walker

Yes, I played that video as well and everything mentioned there was in the game from launch.

Telaran

these are direct quotes from developers thay can all be found on Dev tracker

Unfortunately we all have various priorities and in the previous development cycle PvP was not an area we were focusing on. (so the big ads you put out were blatant lies to scab money off pvp players)

As soon as we finish making some key decisions for upcoming updates you'll be the first to know about any intended changes for PvP, with more specifics on what we're working on both short term and long term.
    ( so far all thay have done is talk about it)

In the long-term, we've mostly talked about what could we do to support more overland, shared PVP, because that's generally the sort of thing you need world space for. And world space is something that takes months to build. (so basically thay have done nothing but merge 1 BG cluster and do alot of *talking* and its going to be months before any content)

so you lied when releasing the game ..fact..
    i fully expect this thread to be removed in minutes like the last ones ive posted as it seems trion is still trying to scab a few more months of subs from pvpers
    Your honestly going the wrong way about this, Trion is doing what they can to stand tall vs the other mmo's so they are doing exactly what ever other mmo is doing keeping the PVE content rolling.

PVP content will always be dead last, plain and simple.. as for myself & my guild we voted 2 days ago and we are leaving this game, which I will say is honestly a great game.. just not what we actually want in a PVP game. If they ever add world pvp objectives or RVR or sieging we would come back, but I highly doubt they will.

Anyways don't make threats about getting a lawyer it is honestly a huge waste of time and you will lose that battle.
    Game History: Diablo, Ultima Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, Age of Conan, ShadowBane, Darkfall Online, Rift

Playdohz[UDA]
    RevAcid[UDA]

No harm in having alook flame all you like

ill leave it to the trolls to fight it out now

there are laws in regards to the way companies advertise

so ya i am serious but i might just be a jilted customer that has no right to complain but theres no harm in having somone professional to take a looksie
    Laws against what.. they way they advertised their PvP game was 100% accurate, all the content is there. It didnt involve the "human factor" of getting tired of the content, but that isnt Trion's fault. You make the fun out of what you have, and if it doesnt work then move on to another game. Im doing that once swtor comes out, but there is no way people should feel "tricked" as Trion did exactly as they promised.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

you believe the Most dynamic pvp of any mmo is a true statement? i find it a fake lie

you believe the Most dynamic pvp of any mmo is a true statement? i find it a fake lie
    And how exactly can you tell if that is a lie or not? It is a matter of opinion, and it comes down to the individual. Today, rift is the only MMO with dynamic content where you have random events, such as rift, pop up anywhere in the world. That can lead to dynamic pvp, as players like myself tend to go to the rifts and attack the players trying to close it = dynamic PvP.

You're just making fun of yourself, and it's not even funny.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Telaran

what your gampa should do is give you a ***** slap for wasting his time. I am NOT a lawyer but even I know that any company can make baseless generalization about any product they put out.

define "most" or "best".

now if trion had said everyone who buys the collectors editions get a whale's **** as a sword, then doesn't do it, and, says they never said they would be giving out whale's ****s as swords, when they did, you might have a case for a class-action. so you can get all those who bought collectors editions and get ur 50 bucks back.

you can't sue over opinion that isn't slander. there is no way to prove it.
    Last edited by lRudel; 06-01-2011 at 05:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast